Apple's 'Hey Siri' helps mom call ambulance, saves life of baby

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    basseyy1basseyy1 Posts: 3member
    For heaven's sake, this girl would not have called an ambulance for "mom" because she's an Australian girl, and we don't say "mom" here, we say "mum". 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    basseyy1 said:
    For heaven's sake, this girl would not have called an ambulance for "mom" because she's an Australian girl, and we don't say "mom" here, we say "mum". 
    So I guess it was a good thing the mom was doing the calling via Siri, rather than the toddler.
    basseyy1
  • Reply 23 of 25
    basseyy1basseyy1 Posts: 3member
    steveh said:
    basseyy1 said:
    So I guess it was a good thing the mom was doing the calling via Siri, rather than the toddler.
    :) , imagine what siri would have done if the toddler had called the ambo's - the mind boggles !
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 24 of 25
    argonautargonaut Posts: 128member
    I really like the 'Hey Siri' feature and use it a lot for hands free music selection over airplay to my hifi in the kitchen... Hey Siri , play me some techno... or Hey Siri play my favourite tracks.  or Hey Siri play Coudbusting..  I love it.
    She definitely needs improvement though.. interested to see what 'improvements' are shown at WWDC 2016.

• Reply 25 of 25
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    ireland said:
    But doesn't Siri need to hear the specific command in your own voice now the way it's design?
    Not sure it recognizes voices. The Neil Patrick Harris commercial triggers Siri every time here, and I don't sound like him.