DOJ urges Supreme Court to return Apple vs. Samsung patent case to lower court

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    I guess Apple hasn't paid enough to the DOJ/DNC, so they're retaliating. 
    First of all, that's an ignorant comment. Secondly, the DOJ was actually supporting Apple's position if you took the time to understand the article.
    singularity
  • Reply 22 of 26
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Because the DOJ is saying that the appellate court's ruling was too narrow and should be reconsidered in a broader context of infringement, and therefore implying higher penalties. 
  • Reply 23 of 26
    staticx57staticx57 Posts: 405member
    freerange said:
    I guess Apple hasn't paid enough to the DOJ/DNC, so they're retaliating. 
    First of all, that's an ignorant comment. Secondly, the DOJ was actually supporting Apple's position if you took the time to understand the article.
    Most here didn't read past the first line and certainly didn't read the source article.
    singularity
  • Reply 24 of 26
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,664member
    Wait...what???

the DOJ... The freaking DOJ is taking sides? And they're siding with Sameung?

The sane Sameung that obviously and shamelessly ripped off Apple designs and UX

the DOJ needs to be investigated. they've got some strange vendetta here. 

It it has nothing to do with justice. 

Sameung is expected to fight its own battles and thry lost because they stole. 

So... When is the DOJ going to step up and fight for Apple too?

since this is what they do now...
  • Reply 25 of 26
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,664member
    Going to the heart of the matter, samsungs assertion that only component cost should be considered is ludicrous. Because in the end, Samsung didn't sell individual components to Poole vthrn sold entire devices, using these components to draw people to the device. 

Even a 2 year old can see there is no merit. 
    palomine
  • Reply 26 of 26
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    I think the DOJ motive might have nothing whatsoever to do with the particular litigants but is more a case that they fear the outcome and are trying to prevent the SC from making the ruling they don't want, which is proportionality.