Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 7' to ditch Space Gray for 'Deep Blue' color option

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    It's "highly likely" that I won't buy an iPhone 7 if they don't offer space gray (or black).

Deep Blue? If I wanted an iPhone 5C, I would've bought one a few years ago...

Even the original iMacs (eventually) came in "Graphite"...  Sheesh!
    edited June 2016 TurboPGT
  • Reply 22 of 43
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

And here I was hoping for a Space Black option, to match the Apple Watch I can't afford. (And, yes, I realise that would most likely involve a steel case, which is unlikely in the phone at this point.)

Overall, I prefer the darker colours, but I don't really want a blue phone. Nor do I want one with a white bezel. But I will reserve judgment until we actually see the options in September. I don't think they would have released a new MacBook in Space Grey if they were going to kill it as a colour for their phones.

TurboPGT1983
  • Reply 23 of 43
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Right now there are two front colours, black or white. I think it's time to introduce new colours to the front. For instance for the iPhone C I always thought it looked sort of inconsistent with the colourful backs not reflecting on the front in any way (other than the screen backdrop). I'm mostly going for the white fronts simply because I find the black a little too harsh. Perhaps deep blue could be reflected on the front colouring as well? Especially darker shades would be nice on the front, in my opinion. I'd like a space grey'ish front.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    They will name it galaxy Blue?
  • Reply 25 of 43
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    larrya said:
    When did we get this term, "colorway"?  It seems made up by someone who is a non-native English speaker.  Is this an actual industry term?
    Yes it's a standard term in fashion/textiles
  • Reply 26 of 43
    If that is the blue color, I like it but I think that slightly altering the gray to a bluish gunmetal tone sounds more realistic.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    If true than adding extra color is fine but taking away gray is not wise move.
    TurboPGT1983
  • Reply 28 of 43
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Seems like a pretty sketchy rumour, but if there was a blue option I would definitely be tempted to switch away from White/Silver.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    jungmark said:
    I like deep blue. But the space grey isn't going anywhere. 
    Agreed. Space Gray was the ONLY color I would consider in the past because of the black bezel. Funny, I use the midnight blue leather case on mine. I would also consider a deep blue phone if it had the black bezel. If I am not mistaken, space gray is the most popular finish as it always seems to be the first to go on backorder when a new product is introduced. If this blue appealed to the same people who would typically lean towards space gray, it may alleviate some of the backorders soon after launch.
  • Reply 30 of 43
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    cpsro said:
    If this rumor is true, it pretty much cinches the deal on the iPhone 7 looking a whole lot like the 6s. People lapped up pink iPhones because it showed from afar that one owned the latest model. A blue iPhone will do the same for the iPhone 7. And if space gray is phased out, everyone who currently owns that color will be advertising they own an old model and will be coerced to buy the 7. I'm kinda tired of this obvious sales tactic and all of the money-centric fashion-ness. So much for the iPhone being "the smartphone for the rest of us."
    So because you don't care for the rose gold color it was only bought by people wanting to make others aware they have the newest iPhone ?  Hahahaha I needed a laugh this morning, thank you. 

I think it's quite humorous the lengths some folks on here will go to make some left field idea seem thought out and legit. 

So if people bought the rose gold color iPhone 6 and then bought the rose gold iPhone 6s how would folks know from afar that they had the latest model ? Are they forced to go sans case so people can see the minute S on the back of their phones.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    techlovertechlover Posts: 879member
    ALL of my iDevices are space gray. I like the black bezel on the front. To me, the white bezel is too distracting. It was a while before I bought a white iPod (60GB iPod Photo). I never liked the white because it was TOO flashy and visible for my taste. My next iPod was a space gray 160GB (original version) iPod Classic. I lined its "invisibility". My first two digital camers were silver (Casio EZ3 & Panasonic FZ1). Since, I have only bought black anodized cameras. Even my parrot is space gray with a black beak. :-) Now, if Apple was to come out with a dark metalic purple (or mulberry or burgundy or maroon ) model with a black bezel…well…that I may bite.
    I agree with the white bezels, not my favorite.

That being said I do like the white bezels around your parrots cameras - err eyes.

:)
  • Reply 32 of 43
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Blue? Euw!
  • Reply 33 of 43
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mike1 said:
    jungmark said:
    I like deep blue. But the space grey isn't going anywhere. 
    Agreed. Space Gray was the ONLY color I would consider in the past because of the black bezel. Funny, I use the midnight blue leather case on mine. I would also consider a deep blue phone if it had the black bezel. If I am not mistaken, space gray is the most popular finish as it always seems to be the first to go on backorder when a new product is introduced. If this blue appealed to the same people who would typically lean towards space gray, it may alleviate some of the backorders soon after launch.
    My space grey iPhone is in a blue case as well. 
  • Reply 34 of 43
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    No. Despite what Apple would have you think, the "black" model has always been at least 50% of sales. It's not going anywhere.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Sounds like a good color for an iPhone. 

Additional color suggestions:

Maximum Red
    Burnt Umber
    Mango Tango or Macaroni and Cheese
    Canary
    Granny Smith Apple 
    Turquoise Blue or Midnight Blue
    Royal Purple
    Pink Flamingo or Cotton Candy
    Burnt Sienna
    Charcoal Gray
    Copper

okay okay these are colors of Crayola Crayons I remember from when I was a kid... But it'd be cool.

edited June 2016
  • Reply 36 of 43
    mariomario Posts: 348member
    Space gray was always a forced compromise. All I ever wanted was silver back and black bezel. Why is this combination not offered?
    jbishop1039TurboPGT
  • Reply 37 of 43
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    I am still a diehard of the plastic iPhones (5C).  The metal ones are too slippery, and require a case.  Love the design and colors of the 5C.  Wish the SE came in plastic.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Or... perhaps (if this rumor has any veracity at all) it might be a specific color for Apple's biggest enterprise VAR... IBM, Having a specific "deep blue" version iPhone (and possibly iPad(s)) actually makes sense. (whereas dropping space grey for blue does not)
  • Reply 39 of 43
    mario said:
    Space gray was always a forced compromise. All I ever wanted was silver back and black bezel. Why is this combination not offered?

Yes, me too! Would retain the looks of the MacBook Pro. I've always wanted that color combination.
  • Reply 40 of 43
    rcfarcfa Posts: 1,124member
    I like space gray, I'd also love gold, silver, or blue.
    What I absolutely and utterly HATE is the white face plate.
    Not only does it show every sensor hole and creates an unaesthetic pattern, the white is also obnoxious in disturbing the contrast when viewing video or photos: there's a reason why letter boxing is done with black and not with white bars.
    So more than additional color options what we need is to choose the face plate color independent of the color of the back.
    No color without a black face will ever be an option for me, which currently means space gray only, even though otherwise I like gold and silver.
    cornchip