Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 7' to ditch Space Gray for 'Deep Blue' color option

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    They might add blue, but they're not getting rid of Space Gray. I mean really. It's the most popular color. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 42 of 43
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    cpsro said:
    If this rumor is true, it pretty much cinches the deal on the iPhone 7 looking a whole lot like the 6s. People lapped up pink iPhones because it showed from afar that one owned the latest model. A blue iPhone will do the same for the iPhone 7. And if space gray is phased out, everyone who currently owns that color will be advertising they own an old model and will be coerced to buy the 7. I'm kinda tired of this obvious sales tactic and all of the money-centric fashion-ness. So much for the iPhone being "the smartphone for the rest of us."
    iPhone has never been a budget brand. it's called an "affordable luxury" item. 
  • Reply 43 of 43
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    "...if space gray is phased out, everyone who currently owns that color will be advertising they own an old model and will be coerced to buy the 7..."

this sounds like something my little sister would think...or even think about. my gf is quite the fashionista in clothing, but never in a million years be "coerced" by a new color to buy one to show she had the newest phone. but, everybody has their quirks.
    You don't think a LOT of people (old enough to have MONEY) use the choice of new color as an excuse for buying the next version, so they can show it off? When gold was introduced, it was the most difficult color to obtain. When pink--excuse me, rose gold--was introduced, it was the most difficult to obtain. And rose gold Apple Watches, introduced along side the other colors, were easy to get.