Chinese bureau finds Apple copying smartphone patents with iPhone 6 design

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    APPLE copying a Chinese phone design? Strains credulity.
    cornchip
  • Reply 42 of 53
    PicklesPickles Posts: 2member
    Haha wait...

So a Chinese company steals just enough visual cues to make it look like an iPhone and remain legal, patents those minute differences, then sues the company it stole from initially for looking too much like its own product?

Classic.
    cornchip
  • Reply 43 of 53
    PicklesPickles Posts: 2member
    igorsky said:
    Hi, we're China...we make up rules as we go along!

What a joke.  Agree with the poster who said Apple should move their manufacturing out of China.  
    When you manufacture anything over there (or India for that matter), you're basically providing most of the work needed to allow your IP to get ganked. 

It's just a cultural thing. When you have an ancient civilization with over a billion people that all display visual homogeny, live in a collective and have relatively little individualism, it's no wonder creative IP and the work of others outside of such an environment carries any value.
    edited June 2016 cornchip
  • Reply 44 of 53
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    I' m fucking tired of this level crap coming China.

If they want respect, they should respect other people's IP.

I've got a 6s right now in my hand and they're so god damn different its not even funny; this basically bullshit.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 45 of 53
    civaciva Posts: 78member
    It's time for Apple to leave China. This is a game the Chinese know very well. You can't even verify the dates of the Chinese product patents, because it's closely government controlled, and apple is an outside American company. 

They'll work to try to control apple's products. 

They need to get out, before it's too late. 
  • Reply 46 of 53
    What a ridiculous situation. Obviously Apple needs to find a new legal team to deploy in China. Someone dropped the ball. There are many visual differences between that Chinese product and Apples. Nobody would mistake the two.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    GymkhanaGymkhana Posts: 45member
    Screw China.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Not to mention these guys could have gotten ahold of early iP6 schematics, cranked out a plastic copy and "beat" them to market. Not that hard.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    hexclock said:
    metrix said:
    This may make me buy the PowerMac just because it is assembled in the US. I think Apple needs to transition out of China as much as possible. The PowerMac is a good start. It won't happen overnight and for gosh sakes don't manufacture in CA, too many restrictions. 
    PowerMac? You can buy my old PowerMac G5 made in 2003. I think you mean Mac Pro. 
    Really showing my age there, Yes Mac Pro
  • Reply 50 of 53
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    cornchip said:
    Not to mention these guys could have gotten ahold of early iP6 schematics, cranked out a plastic copy and "beat" them to market. Not that hard.
    They "copied" the schematics and somehow it doesn't really look the same... Man, they're that bad...
  • Reply 51 of 53
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    foggyhill said:
    cornchip said:
    They "copied" the schematics and somehow it doesn't really look the same... Man, they're that bad...
    True, It doesn't have antenna bands, they moved the flash, put speaker out back and the side buttons are slightly different. Overall form though... c'mon man. 
  • Reply 52 of 53
    leighr said:
    Since when did China have copyright laws?
    I have read that China often asserts its "copy right".
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 53 of 53
    cincytee said:
    igorsky said:
    You know exactly what he's trying to say, so what's the difference how he says it?
    Well, the difference in how one says what one means is kind of the essence of language, isn't it? I'm always amazed that people who perfectly understand the need for precision in code pay no attention to it in real world communications, where it pays similar dividends.

Exactly.  "It's just semantics" should be a red flag to look out for, at best, ignorance or, worse, attempts at deliberate deception.