Video: See how Apple Music in iOS 10 has been redesigned from the ground up

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2016
Music selection and discovery will get easier for 15 million paying Apple Music subscribers with this fall's launch of iOS 10. Here's a closer look at the big changes coming soon to iPhone and iPad.

For more, see iOS 10's new Messages app and Apple Maps in action. And subscribe to the official AppleInsider channel on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Video demo of Apple Music on the iPad?  Really?
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I still don't understand why Apple Music doesn't send out new release notifications for artists I'm following the way Spotify does. 
    braderunner
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Any crossfade comming to Apple Music? I want to have a party without pauses. 
  • Reply 4 of 9
    marrtyymarrtyy Posts: 8member
    The Chinese can't compete so they sue. I never thought about a country being pathetic but China is right up there with Russia. Apple come home.  Build in America!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    It's quite irritating to see such a bold font on an Apple device.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 6 of 9
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    nyctravis said:
    I still don't understand why Apple Music doesn't send out new release notifications for artists I'm following the way Spotify does. 
    It doesn't?  The regular iTunes Store does that with the Alert system (emails rather than notifications, but effectively the same deal). Seems like a significant omission.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    There are EXACTLY 15 Million Apple Music subscribers? That's pretty amazing! Who's going to be 15,000,001?!?!?   :|
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I only have one wish for an improved Music.app and that is instant access to my family shared library. As is, connecting to the library is a total hit or miss. Loading the library can (a) be impossible without signing out of Home Sharing on the iPad, restarting iOS, and signing in to sharing again. (b) waiting 30 - 40 minutes for the library "loading" to complete, (c) turning Home Sharing off and on again on the iTunes server Mac.

All other iOS apps which can access my iTunes library do so in the blink of an eye... Why Music.app is so flakey in this dept is a constant mystery.

Matters have improved slightly with the latest iOS release ( 13G21 public beta programme). Hopes are it will be properly sorted by iOS10
  • Reply 9 of 9

marrtyy said:
    The Chinese can't compete so they sue. I never thought about a country being pathetic but China is right up there with Russia. Apple come home.  Build in America!
    Litigation is very much an American thing... One brought about by too many people engaged in an occupation which produces nothing of worth. America has sadly infested the world with this parasitical species.

Let us not forget America couldn't compete, so it stole from Germany, Britain, Japan and a host of other countries. Echelon was abused by America for decades to surveil world citizens and steal commercial ideas.

The NSA continues to uphold that capitalist tradition.

Edison got a lead on everyone by having ear-agents employed to eavesdrop on the commercial subscribers' telecommunications of his telephone system. The number of diverse patents covering dozens of areas of scientific and industrial disciplines that supposedly popped out of that one man's head was and remains unconscionable, in every sense of the word.