Apple refuses to back GOP convention because of Trump politics

Comments

• Reply 181 of 278
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    jlandd said:
    Oh no, not the Constitutional Provisions claim. That’s only been stated on Trump sites...
    Defense of the nation is explicitly outlined in the Constitution.
    Funny thing about the Constitution is that it tells the government exactly what it can do. So when it says that the border must be defended, it means the border must be defended. No extra funding is even needed to do this.
    Not only is it completely within his power to build a wall, it’s well within the legislative power to cut off all remittances.
    Better get used to seeing that big, beautiful wall, then.

Funny thing about the Constitution is that you can't interpret it loosely and pose it as explicit, but I can tell you've got your fingers in your ears.    

When the Constitution says the border can be defended it's talking about war not lower and middle class illegally coming to the US because it's a better place to be.  The wall doesn't begin to address immigrants, legal and illegal, coming from elsewhere, and people crossing the border at Mexico is simply a distraction issue to the fact that illegal immigration is a  problem he has no clue how to deal with.  It's not, as you put it, defending the border.   Airports?  Ships?  Those need to be plugged up before Congress will pass it, and even though he's dying to make it his first executive order it would be shut down.

Trump has no idea how to make that work.  The wall is a joke.  It's a grand play of waving arms and shouting.

The wall is purely, 100%, Trump braying.   Do you have any idea of all of the many huge things he swore he would build over the decades, never did, and then back pedaled having said anything about them?
    muppetryr2d2boopthesnootwhy-baconstangsingularity
  • Reply 182 of 278
    r2d2r2d2 Posts: 95member

Breaking: idiots are allowed onto the Internet. 
    As evident by your post.

Stay tuned ...
    why-baconstangdsdsingularityjackansi
  • Reply 183 of 278
    weathers said:
    I'm not a Trump fan and I am an Apple product user, but I find it ironic that Apple (Tim Cook) doesn't seem to mind selling their products in countries who degrade women and persecute  gays and lesbians. The hypocrisy of either party is getting to ridiculous levels.

"Doesn't seem to mind selling their products in countries who degrade women and persecute  gays and lesbians."

You mean like the good old US of A, right?

Apple sells products that enrich and enable people's lives. Not selling to the countries where these things takes place punishes both the perpetrators and victims of said human rights violations. Is that what you think Apple should do? Apple stills sells its products in the US, despite its terrible record of human rights violations. Should they stop?

You haven't really thought this through, have you? Just what countries does Apple sell in that you think are worse examples than your blessed/soon-to-be-damned US of A? And please, don't vomit up China as a  knee-jerk response. For every Chinese example you cough up, you can find corollaries in US history.

Anyway, those of us who do not live in the USA, and I can't say I speak for everyone here, are sad and sickened by America's long slide into the dilemma you now face. I love Americans, as a people, but as a country, there is nothing left to admire or aspire to.

I hope we can be as accommodating to the coming influx of American refugees as we have been to the Afghani, Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian and other victims of US oppression, but were kind of full-up right now.

Good night and good luck.

dmz
    baconstangRayz2016
  • Reply 184 of 278
    libertyforalllibertyforall Posts: 1,418member
    So did Apple provide technology assistance at this year's Libertarian Party Convention?  
    https://www.lp.org/event/lp-2016-national-convention  

My guess is not, and they are showing they just support the same monopoly politics that has gotten this country in so much trouble, and limited real changes!  Does Apple have an issue with Libertarian Presidential nominee Gary Johnson too?  
    https://garyjohnson2016.com
    edited June 2016 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 185 of 278
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 808member
    Apple does not support Donald Trump because he is his own person!  Apple cannot control him like other Presidents by giving him contributions in order to do Apple's bidding!  The Donald is the modern day Teddy Roosevelt!
    apple ][
  • Reply 186 of 278
    foggyhill said:
    taosjake said:
    Writing from outside the country, in Asia.  Things from a distance look at mite different.  Having watched all the debates and candidates directly, I've come to the conclusion that Trump is far better than Clinton for president.  The U.S. mainstream media and political establishment are in full propaganda mode, actually worse than CCTV in China.   Maybe inside the U.S. it's not so apparent.  In my opinion Apple would do well to stay outside politics, particularly with HRC, who is a quite dangerous candidate, imo. 

Trump can't create one whole coherent sentence, has dozens of failed businesses, has less money than what he inherited decades ago and is demonstrably a racist, a xenophobe with no foreign experience and seemingly from his interviews no clue about economics either. Not only that, the GOP are the ones that created the world wide malaise of the last 10 years with Bush's polices that destroyed the world economy and sent the middle east into a tailspin. That the GOP has controlled congress for most of the last 8 years seems to have escaped you; maybe its time you concentrated on whatever dictatorship your currently living in...

Conclusion from you to all that, addled brain : "Trumpie is my hero".(sic)
    Thanks for your reply, filled though with unwarranted venom, gratuitous insults, and misinformation it may be.  I think that we both agree, as would Trump, on the dismal world fostered by the GOP in the Middle East.  As for the rest, I would politely suggest that you are allowing some very personal base of antipathy to cloud your judgement and foster a potentially risky selection bias that misleads you.  On the especially ludicrous charge that Trump is a "xenophobe" I will point to his countless fans at rallies who are foreign-born and to the legions of Chinese in China who support him from a distance. Good luck letting go your anger. It will shorten your life and bring many problems in its wake. 
    tallest skil
  • Reply 187 of 278
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Trump and his views are abhorrent. Well done, Apple.
    baconstangdsdsingularityai46
  • Reply 188 of 278
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    jlandd said:
    When the Constitution says the border can be defended it's talking about war not lower and middle class illegally coming to the US because it's a better place to be.
    No, it’s not. You have no right to enter the country whatsoever. The executive branch, Congress, and even individual state legislatures can block individuals or entire groups at any time for any reason.
    The wall doesn't begin to address immigrants
    It does; people can’t walk through concrete.
    illegal immigration is a problem he has no clue how to deal with.
    Do you know what a wall is? Have you ever touched one? This isn’t a joke; you’re actually acting this stupidly. It will be illegal to hire an illegal. It will be illegal to house an illegal. It will be illegal to aid an illegal. It will be illegal to abet an illegal. It will be illegal to transport an illegal.

IT IS ALREADY ILLEGAL TO DO THESE THINGS. NOTHING WILL HAVE TO BE PASSED, CHANGED, OR REMOVED. IT WILL JUST HAVE TO BE ENFORCED.
    Airports?  Ships?
    Almost as though you need identification to move through those things...
    Those need to be plugged up before Congress will pass it
    They have no power and nothing to pass. Everything that is needed is already within the power of the executive branch.
    Trump has no idea how to make that work.
    Okeedoke. Enjoy that fantasy.

deltamikezulu said:
    I hope we can be as accommodating to the coming influx of American refugees as we have been to the Afghani, Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian and other victims of US oppression, but were kind of full-up right now.
    And also being raped and attacked. And your services overrun and exploited. But hey, there will never be another collapse again! Decadence? What decadence!

libertyforall said:
    Does Apple have an issue with Libertarian Presidential nominee Gary Johnson too?  
    His first act as nominee was a gun buyback, so I’d think Apple would be officially supporting him!

harry wild said:
    The Donald is the modern day Teddy Roosevelt!
    I wouldn’t equate an American like Trump with a globalist like Roosevelt. The latter would be one of my top five favorite Americans had he just stayed the fuck out of politics. He acted in every way like an American should except when it came to destroying the government.
    apple ][trollkiller
  • Reply 189 of 278
    weathers said:
    I'm not a Trump fan and I am an Apple product user, but I find it ironic that Apple (Tim Cook) doesn't seem to mind selling their products in countries who degrade women and persecute  gays and lesbians. The hypocrisy of either party is getting to ridiculous levels.

perfectly said. 
  • Reply 190 of 278
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    r2d2 said:

Do you really believe that the military is not doing all they can to defeat ISIS?

Should the military commit war crimes and purposely kill innocent civilians?

Do you have children in the military? (you never answered)
    1. Absolutely. An advanced army like ours can totally wipe out ISIS if that was the objective. It's not the military's fault of course, our military people are great, but Obama is deliberately not wanting to get rid of ISIS. It's obviously not a big deal to him. And our military is forced to fight with their hands tied behind their backs, because of disgraceful and immoral PC rules that have been imposed on them.

2. It would depend by what you mean when you write "innocent civilians". I would guess that my definition is not the same that many on the left hold. For example, a terrorist's family does not qualify as innocent civilians, and they should not be afforded any such protections.  

3. No.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 191 of 278
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    taosjake said:
    foggyhill said:

Trump can't create one whole coherent sentence, has dozens of failed businesses, has less money than what he inherited decades ago and is demonstrably a racist, a xenophobe with no foreign experience and seemingly from his interviews no clue about economics either. Not only that, the GOP are the ones that created the world wide malaise of the last 10 years with Bush's polices that destroyed the world economy and sent the middle east into a tailspin. That the GOP has controlled congress for most of the last 8 years seems to have escaped you; maybe its time you concentrated on whatever dictatorship your currently living in...

Conclusion from you to all that, addled brain : "Trumpie is my hero".(sic)
    Thanks for your reply, filled though with unwarranted venom, gratuitous insults, and misinformation it may be.  I think that we both agree, as would Trump, on the dismal world fostered by the GOP in the Middle East.  As for the rest, I would politely suggest that you are allowing some very personal base of antipathy to cloud your judgement and foster a potentially risky selection bias that misleads you.  On the especially ludicrous charge that Trump is a "xenophobe" I will point to his countless fans at rallies who are foreign-born and to the legions of Chinese in China who support him from a distance. Good luck letting go your anger. It will shorten your life and bring many problems in its wake. 
    What Misinformation, You provide nothing in any way to prove your point, just like 70% lies (politifact) Trump.
    it's just lips flapping with that passive aggressiveness you call "politeness" (sic)

Someone, like me, who actually got beat up, and threatened by several anti-gay racist white fuckups
    when I dared dating a black women in the 1990s (I'm a Bi women, BTW) when I was living in the US
    has the right to outrage versus anyone who encourages such behavior : AKA Trump.

Currently live in Canada, got two kids (joint custody with former male partner (Latino) and adoption with current female partner (Lebanese))
    I've heard/seenread 4 decades of offensive words and sometimes even actions from Trump about woman, LGBTQ's and most races
    and you think I'm going to be unbiased and chill about that when he's gone even more vile recently?

That would be the most absurd, "cloudy" (sic) response there can be to the facts at hand.

A strong pushback on anyone that support Trump is the only logical and emotional response that makes sense.

That's like jews, gays and communists being all OK with Hitler. Hey, lets be chill and about that guy... He and his party don't mean what they says (sic).

I'm in my late 40s and still cycling 20 miles a day
    No one in my extended family has died before 90 in the last 40 years so I think I'm good.
    but thanks for caring so much about my health... (you just did concern trolling btw by doing that.)

K

edited June 2016 baconstangdsdjackansi
  • Reply 192 of 278
    argument
    ˈɑːɡjʊm(ə)nt/

noun

an exchange where two parties or more attempt to prove who believes more strongly in some information that they haven’t experienced firsthand or verified.
    jackansi
  • Reply 193 of 278
    Apple does not support Donald Trump because he is his own person!  Apple cannot control him like other Presidents by giving him contributions in order to do Apple's bidding!  The Donald is the modern day Teddy Roosevelt!
    Hahaha, the funniest thing I've ever heard, only if Teddy was a scam artist who defrauds his own government, like all the shell companies Trump ran into the ground while getting a paycheck. Who needs money from others when you can take it yourself and leave a rotting husk behind.
    edited June 2016 baconstangdsdjackansiai46
  • Reply 194 of 278
    It's not just Apple. It's also Microsoft, HP, Wells Fargo, UPS, Motorola, JPMorgan Chase, Ford and Walgreens among others. I don't know that all these companies can be depicted as run by bleeding heart liberals, but what do I know about business. It's not like I had four bankruptcies.
    baconstang
  • Reply 195 of 278
    I'd put the definition of non sequitur here, but I'm sure you got your own dictionary.
    argument
    ˈɑːɡjʊm(ə)nt/

noun

an exchange where two parties or more attempt to prove who believes more strongly in some information that they haven’t experienced firsthand or verified.

jackansiai46
  • Reply 196 of 278
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    apple ][ said:
    r2d2 said:
    Do you really believe that the military is not doing all they can to defeat ISIS?

Should the military commit war crimes and purposely kill innocent civilians?

Do you have children in the military? (you never answered)
    1. Absolutely. An advanced army like ours can totally wipe out ISIS if that was the objective. It's not the military's fault of course, our military people are great, but Obama is deliberately not wanting to get rid of ISIS. It's obviously not a big deal to him. And our military is forced to fight with their hands tied behind their backs, because of disgraceful and immoral PC rules that have been imposed on them.

2. It would depend by what you mean when you write "innocent civilians". I would guess that my definition is not the same that many on the left hold. For example, a terrorist's family does not qualify as innocent civilians, and they should not be afforded any such protections.  

3. No.
    You cannot defeat an idea by force. Your premise would lead to another veitnam.

You also want indiscriminate killing of civilians? Geneva convention anyone?

In other words what you want is to ensure failure and the death of innocents and a continuation of this cycle of death and you moan about morals. You seem to have a very perverted set of morals that put you on the same level of ISIS 
    jackansidsdbaconstangr2d2
  • Reply 197 of 278
  • Reply 198 of 278
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    r2d2 said:
    Obama did the best he could with the mess he was left with.
    Dear fuck, just stop. It was wrong in the first year; it’s still wrong in the eighth.

bulk001 said: So you’re illiterate, didn’t watch the links, and have no argument. Great going.
    Hey, I'm not the one here posting graphs to prove a point and gets caught out. That would be you. So who really is the illiterate one TS?
    singularityjackansibaconstangr2d2ai46
  • Reply 198 of 278
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    r2d2 said:
    Obama did the best he could with the mess he was left with.
    Dear EDITEd, just stop. It was wrong in the first year; it’s still wrong in the eighth.

bulk001 said: So you’re illiterate, didn’t watch the links, and have no argument. Great going.
    Think the F word is getting moderated so apologies if this appears twice. But, who is the one who posted a graph to prove a point that actually undermined his whole argument? Want me TS. So, who really is the illiterate one? 
    jackansibaconstangr2d2
  • Reply 200 of 278
    foggyhill said:
    taosjake said:
    What Misinformation, You provide nothing in any way to prove your point, just like 70% lies (politifact) Trump.
    it's just lips flapping with that passive aggressiveness you call "politeness" (sic)

Someone, like me, who actually got beat up, and threatened by several anti-gay racist white fuckups
    when I dared dating a black women in the 1990s (I'm a Bi women, BTW) when I was living in the US
    has the right to outrage versus anyone who encourages such behavior : AKA Trump.

Currently live in Canada, got two kids (joint custody with former male partner (Latino) and adoption with current female partner (Lebanese))
    I've heard/seenread 4 decades of offensive words and sometimes even actions from Trump about woman, LGBTQ's and most races
    and you think I'm going to be unbiased and chill about that when he's gone even more vile recently?

That would be the most absurd, "cloudy" (sic) response there can be to the facts at hand.

A strong pushback on anyone that support Trump is the only logical and emotional response that makes sense.

That's like jews, gays and communists being all OK with Hitler. Hey, lets be chill and about that guy... He and his party don't mean what they says (sic).

I'm in my late 40s and still cycling 20 miles a day
    No one in my extended family has died before 90 in the last 40 years so I think I'm good.
    but thanks for caring so much about my health... (you just did concern trolling btw by doing that.)

K

The Trump you think you know is not the kind-hearted hero that his supporters (including many women and non-Americans) understand him to be.  You have made your moral judgement and in its self-righteousness you seem to feel authorized to harbor contempt for those who believe differently. Frankly that scares me quite a bit. Violence hovers over your words. 
    singularity