MacNN assuming room temperature.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider
Just received a notification from MacNN.com announcing they will be shutting down at the end of June. No real explanation given except that the powers that be have decided to close. With any luck Macworld will be next. That website is an empty shell now since all the experienced Apple writers were laid off. MacInTouch and Tidbits have become whining, bitching sites. It seems like going negative on Apple is the way to survive these days. Let the trolls take over to get the clicks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Isn’t MacNN a wing of... here? Or the other way around? 

Hmm... I can’t seem to reset my account’s password there. What possible e-mail could I have used? Guess it doesn’t matter, though.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ortort Posts: 39member
    So is this the end? MacNN forums are now directing me here.

Anyone else here? What is happening?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    ort said:
    So is this the end? MacNN forums are now directing me here.

Anyone else here? What is happening?
    I think it was probably a glitch. MacNN and AI are separate entities, though we do have ties to each other. MacNN is done as a publication, but they live on because we host them on the same servers as us. We also brought in Mike as a editor when they ceased operations.

AFAIK they have no intentions to pull the archived site or forums, but I can certainly ask.
    spheric
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    Ah - Hosting on the same server would explain it. Somebody was complaining over on the 'NN forums, as well. 

Haven't seen it myself, yet.