Inside iOS 10: Control Center expands to three panes, offering quick access to Music & Home

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 503member
    ireland said:
    damonf said:

Only if you uninstall the native Calculator app.
    If he can't be bothering reading an article a few paragraphs long before complaining he probably doesn't deserve to know.
    Sorry...totally meant as sarcasm
    doozydozen
  • Reply 22 of 39
    jackansijackansi Posts: 116member
    creek0512 said:
    jackansi said:
    Or you know... let us have widgets like android instead of all this unnecessary swiping...
    There are widgets.
    "widgets like android"... like I actually said.

You know those useful things that display information on the home screen without me having to swipe, press, or open an app just to get at one simple thing?
    edited June 2016 doozydozensingularity
  • Reply 23 of 39
    TuuborTuubor Posts: 53member
    Yes this needs to be customizable. Strange choices from Apple. What we really need is the ability to 3D touch on wifi and blutooth. Also now accessing music is one more step away atleast when you first launch CC. Also why couldn't Music be on the right side and HomeKit on the left side? That way u only need a single swipe to access a different panel since there are only 3. And also agree that NightShift takes up too much. Don't get me wrong I love Apple but I hope they rethink the CC with the future beta releases. Atleast a little :neutral: 
  • Reply 24 of 39
    tommikeletommikele Posts: 599member
    supadav03 said:
    Can't believe they removed the calculator from the control center! Steve Jobs never would have done this! 
    How do you know what Jobs would or would not do? You have no freakin' idea what he would have done. I bet he would have told you to put your calculator where the sun doesn't shine. I wish they would have left it where it was, but that has nada to do with you invoking Jobs.
    edited June 2016 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 39
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    jackansi said:
    creek0512 said:
    There are widgets.
    "widgets like android"... like I actually said.

You know those useful things that display information on the home screen without me having to swipe, press, or open an app just to get at one simple thing?
    Please no, I prefer my home screen clean (otherwise I get Android already). I like Apple implementation much better, and actually this time they make it even less clutter than the current view. The main Control Center looks cleaner now. Good idea to move the music control to the second page. Believe me, it's a second nature to swipe up and left or right. Alternatively, they still can combine everything in one screen without make it looks too busy with a bunch of controls by using 3D touch the music app or the homekit to access their respective control centers. But Apple has to consider those phones before 6S I guess.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 39

I love the fact that the Timer has a dedicated button on the Control Center. I use it very often.

I'm also happy that artwork is being given importance again for music. I'm one of those guys that buys books on album art, so it's a joy to see it being highlighted again.

• Reply 27 of 39
    tommikele said:
    supadav03 said:
    Can't believe they removed the calculator from the control center! Steve Jobs never would have done this! 
    How do you know what Jobs would or would not do? You have no freakin' idea what he would have done. I bet he would have told you to put your calculator where the sun doesn't shine. I wish they would have left it where it was, but that has nada to do with you invoking Jobs.
    It is still where it always was. if you read the article it clearly states that if you remove the calculator app, the control-centre calculator icon disappears and you're left with 3 - which is why that screenshot looks how it does.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 28 of 39
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    tommikele said:
    supadav03 said:
    Gotta love someone who didn't read the article fully getting irate at someone who did read the article and is making a touch in cheek joke about people not reading the article.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    And still no way to hard-press the Bluetooth and Wifi icon to select the device or wifi network without leaving the control panel.

Anyway, as pointed out this really needs to be configurable. Why night shift is getting to much space is beyond me.
    baconstang
  • Reply 30 of 39

This screen shot basically defines Phillips Hue. NO RESPONSE.

They need to seriously up the quality of their product. On any given day at any given time it is a crap shoot when I check the lights, if they will be controllable or not. There is no reason for it. No amount of resetting/reconfiguring/repairing of the system makes any difference. It is just poor. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Hard press the Settings app for shortcuts to wifi/Bluetooth/battery and network settings. :-)
  • Reply 32 of 39
    this article is outdated, some labels have changed since this. if airing reruns for hits, how, about updating the content too?
  • Reply 33 of 39
    I only get two panels.  Presumably you have to add something to the Home app before the Home tab appears?  I'll probably never see it then.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    Worst designed 'feature' of iOS 10 by far. In their attempt to make it more clean and lightweight, they added complexity and affected usability.
    • The Control should be one panel really, or at least configurable being one. It's about super fast access to commonly used elements. Often now the wrong panel is opened when swiping up. Changing the volume or brightness real quickly isn't possible anymore because swiping up might display the 'wrong' panel first. 
    • Horizontal dragging to switch panes sucks. Too often not registered or springs back.
    • Slider dragging (brightness, volume) sucks. Fails to register more often: instead of dragging the slider, the pane gets dragged.
    • Night Shift has a huge button: why? No one really has to change it that much. If I could configure my Control Center, this would be removed because I'm okay navigating to Settings in the rare cases this needs a manual override. 
    • No battery saving mode toggle, something that is definitely used more often by me.
    • Why press-and-hold (or 3D touch) the Wifi and Bluetooth icons to show a network list or device list? Missed opportunity.
    • The toggle buttons have different colors (rotation lock is red...why? Is it a warning? Flight mode is orange...why? And why is do-not-disturb purple). Apple colored these items according to how they look in the Settings app, but that doesn't make any sense. In the Settings screen color is used to make it easier for users to locate these items. However, in Control Center they don't serve that purpose. Here it's actually nonsense. A toggle button should have an on or off state in the same color for consistency and to make its purpose clear. 
    Meh.

edited September 2016
  • Reply 35 of 39

jasonfj said:
    Hard press the Settings app for shortcuts to wifi/Bluetooth/battery and network settings. :-)
    Which is nice, but very arbitrary. Control Center would make more sense.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    crowley said:
    supadav03 said:
    Almost posted the same thing when I saw the first image. Thankfully I kept reading :wink: 
    the calculator is there. I'm not sure why the screenshots are not showing it.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    dacloo said:
    crowley said:
    supadav03 said:
    Almost posted the same thing when I saw the first image. Thankfully I kept reading :wink: 
    the calculator is there. I'm not sure why the screenshots are not showing it.
    Are you for real?  Keep reading.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    dacloo said:
    Worst designed 'feature' of iOS 10 by far. In their attempt to make it more clean and lightweight, they added complexity and affected usability.
    • The Control should be one panel really, or at least configurable being one. It's about super fast access to commonly used elements. Often now the wrong panel is opened when swiping up. Changing the volume or brightness real quickly isn't possible anymore because swiping up might display the 'wrong' panel first. 
    • Horizontal dragging to switch panes sucks. Too often not registered or springs back.
    • Slider dragging (brightness, volume) sucks. Fails to register more often: instead of dragging the slider, the pane gets dragged.
    • Night Shift has a huge button: why? No one really has to change it that much. If I could configure my Control Center, this would be removed because I'm okay navigating to Settings in the rare cases this needs a manual override. 
    • No battery saving mode toggle, something that is definitely used more often by me.
    • Why press-and-hold (or 3D touch) the Wifi and Bluetooth icons to show a network list or device list? Missed opportunity.
    • The toggle buttons have different colors (rotation lock is red...why? Is it a warning? Flight mode is orange...why? And why is do-not-disturb purple). Apple colored these items according to how they look in the Settings app, but that doesn't make any sense. In the Settings screen color is used to make it easier for users to locate these items. However, in Control Center they don't serve that purpose. Here it's actually nonsense. A toggle button should have an on or off state in the same color for consistency and to make its purpose clear. 
    Meh.
    i do find it too easy to accidently drag the entire pane rather than the volume/brightness slider. hopefully that can be improved.

press-and-hold on Wifi would be nice.

to your biggest concern -- the colors of Airplane mode and DND makes sense to me -- it is indeed a warning, quickly showing me that the "normal" operational baseline is not in effect due to those special settings being toggled. this is important because i may miss notifications if i fail to notice theyre set. thus its not offensive in the slightest.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    To people who dislike the iOS 10 Control Center, it is just a matter of time. You will get used to it eventually and it will become a second nature. By that time, all of these complaints will sound silly.