Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride

Comments

• Reply 21 of 182
    The original Apple logo was rainbow colored.

edited June 2016 why-ronnlondorxixoericthehalfbeemejsricbaconstangjakebdsdnasserae
  • Reply 22 of 182
    The original Apple logo was rainbow colored.

No, it wasn't. It's both missing colors and it's in a different order. It was never meant as a statement of "yay gay". 

And actually, that wasn't Apple's original logo. It was the second one. 
    edited June 2016 andrewmacmasterrogifan_newtallest skilzeus423lord amhranSpamSandwichwonkothesane
  • Reply 23 of 182
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 503member
    And these will be popping up on eBay in 3, 2, 1...
    xixozeus423
  • Reply 24 of 182
    Imagine working at Apple and having to put up with gay sht all day long, even if you are gay. Heterosexual discrimination in promotions and so on. 
    macseekertallest skil
  • Reply 25 of 182
    xixoxixo Posts: 450member
    supadav03 said:
    And these will be popping up on eBay in 3, 2, 1...
    I was going to make that verbatim quote, you beat me to it, but then I see all the homophobic posts here and, wtf?

One thing for sure, when people truly don't like something (like, er, gay people) they tend not to discuss it.

Otherwise they place themselves in a position whereby other people wonder exactly why they're so obsessed with the subject in the first place.

Repressed, have you heard of it?

londorbaconstangdsdpropodbeltsbeariosenthusiastjroyfastasleep
  • Reply 26 of 182
    EsquireCatsEsquireCats Posts: 1,268member
    wizard69 said:
    What a waste of money, time and effort!   
    Being homophobic is one thing, but trying to hide your obvious homophobia behind a set of weak reasons is gutless. People like you are why there are pride parades.
    why-Rayz2016londorbaconstangdsdSolithepixeldocbeltsbearAniiosenthusiast
  • Reply 27 of 182
    wizard69 said:
    What a waste of money, time and effort!   
    I disagree.  Apple has always been involved in the humanities, this is one example.  This gesture is also in support of LGBT community and employees everywhere, not just Apple.  It's comments and attitudes like yours is why Pride exists....Try walking in our shoes. Lose the hate.
    why-londormejsricbaconstangdsdbeltsbearAniiosenthusiastjroyration al
  • Reply 28 of 182
    apple ][ said:
    Yo Apple, where is my special made, limited edition, straight-white-male-awesome-hetero watch band?

Stainless Steel Links Band, dude. It screams "straight, white, and male".
    why-londorAnijroyration alai46
  • Reply 29 of 182
    Who needs new Macs when you can get rainbow colored watch bands. 
    Give me wit and sarcasm, said no one ever...
    Rayz2016londorai46
  • Reply 30 of 182
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I wonder why any gay people would down vote post #20?

Do they not support that Gay Pride event and do they not support all Gays? Are they homophobes or something? Or do they only support gays of a particular political persuasion?  That would be pretty ironic. :#
    trollkillertallest skiljroy
  • Reply 31 of 182
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Who needs new Macs when you can get rainbow colored watch bands. 
    Give me wit and sarcasm, said no one ever...
    I'm sorry I think it's silly. Apple employees that choose to participate in Pride events get a special t-shirt. Does there really need to be more than that?
    tallest skil
  • Reply 32 of 182
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    All the bigots are up in arms because they just realized there are people of all walks of life in the world. 

londorwhy-baconstangbeltsbearAniiosenthusiastwilliamlondonjroyai46
  • Reply 33 of 182
    I see dateless eunuchs are quick with their angry, one-inch denunciations.
    londorbaconstangiosenthusiastwilliamlondonjroy
  • Reply 34 of 182
    You know, I'm all for equal treatment, in theory and in practice. My only problem is the appropriation of the rainbow, which now is practically synonymous with the LGBT community - it's not an accurate representation of their credo. Too bad LGBT rights activists only regard a few shades of the full color spectrum. 

Maybe Apple should just bring back the old logo now... 

Yes, yes, pile the "dislikes" on. It only proves the point. 
  • Reply 35 of 182
    why- said:
    apple ][ said:
    Yo Apple, where is my special made, limited edition, straight-white-male-awesome-hetero watch band?

Maybe they can give some out at the next hetero parade that's taking place, if such a thing even exists.

I can just see it, 5 years from now, Tim Cook will be standing on stage, and he'll be announcing the latest iPhone.

"We at Apple are pleased to introduce our latest iPhone, and we regret to inform you that it will no longer be available in Space Grey! It will only come in Rainbow Gay! No gold, or pink gold or silver either. They're all history as of this moment. "

When it comes to politics and Apple, less is better. And that goes for all corporations. 

when you get physically attacked/raped/abused/sent to "correctional therapy"/threatened/abandoned for being straight let me know. I don't know why you have such a problem with people celebrating something they fought hard to be able to express
    You forgot to add BANNED, FLOGGED, LASHED, TORTURED, STONED, SHOT, THROWN FROM ROOFS, HANGED.

And the word ISLAM.

Bankrolling Milo Yiannopoulos for President: that's what I'd like to see Apple do.
    beltsbear
  • Reply 36 of 182
    mbsmdmbsmd Posts: 34member
    I'm straight and I'd totally wear one of these.
    trollkillermejsricbaconstangthepixeldocAnijroyration allondorai46
  • Reply 37 of 182
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,103member
    apple ][ said:

Maybe they can give some out at the next hetero parade that's taking place, if such a thing even exists.

I can just see it, 5 years from now, Tim Cook will be standing on stage, and he'll be announcing the latest iPhone.

"We at Apple are pleased to introduce our latest iPhone, and we regret to inform you that it will no longer be available in Space Grey! It will only come in Rainbow Gay! No gold, or pink gold or silver either. They're all history as of this moment. "

When it comes to politics and Apple, less is better. And that goes for all corporations.  :#

I think they open every NASCAR event with the parade you long for.
    why-dsdthepixeldocbeltsbeariosenthusiastwilliamlondonjroyration allondorstourque
  • Reply 38 of 182
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,103member

why- said:
    apple ][ said:

When it comes to politics and Apple, less is better. And that goes for all corporations. 

when you get physically attacked/raped/abused/sent to "correctional therapy"/threatened/abandoned for being straight let me know. I don't know why you have such a problem with people celebrating something they fought hard to be able to express
    It's hard to be heard from deep in the closet, therefore they must protest loudly and often.
    edited June 2016 dsdiosenthusiastjroylondor
  • Reply 39 of 182
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    why- said:
    You forgot to add BANNED, FLOGGED, LASHED, TORTURED, STONED, SHOT, THROWN FROM ROOFS, HANGED.

And the word ISLAM.

Bankrolling Milo Yiannopoulos for President: that's what I'd like to see Apple do.

well I was talking specifically about western countries, of which I am a part. I can't speak for middle eastern countries

why- said:

It's hard to be heard deep in the closet, therefore they must protest loudly and often.

Poe's law, but yes
    edited June 2016 iosenthusiastlondor
  • Reply 40 of 182
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    I knew you guys would find a way to be disgruntled about this. Never change, AppleInsider commenters!
    iosenthusiastjroylondorai46fastasleep