Actually, there is something new about Apple's upcoming iPhone 7

Comments

• Reply 81 of 143
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    appleempl said:
    Plain and Simple the iPhone just lasts longer. In the time I've owned my 6 Plus my son has retired two new android phones, and my wife has just retired hers. These android phones just died or got screen problems that made it useless. I'll stick with Apple. My Macbook is another story, it's only a 2011 and it's obsoleted from using the latest OS's. The mac line used to last forever and the OS's didn't slow 3 or 4 year old models to a crawl. My iMac also crashes all the time but it is a 2010 model, but that's still a lot less duration of new OS compatibility. Old Macs like when they were beige and even after the iMac would last a lot longer and would be upgradeable each year for at least 6 or 7 years or more.
    I'll have to mention that to my 2007 iMac that's running El Capitan just fine.
    No more updates though.  Nine years and it's over to my shop for web browsing, music, email and spreadsheets.
    Hoping the new 5K will last that long. 
    williamlondonnolamacguy
  • Reply 82 of 143
    rptrpt Posts: 175member
    kent909 said:

rpt said:
    There are really two things I miss much more in my 5s and 6s than more speed or a better camera.

The battery time is an outrage, and I detest the "thinnest phone ever" competition based on one of Steve's two most stupid statements regarding the iPhone: "look how thin it is" and the one about the original iPone having the only useful size.

Please dont once again hammer me with opinions about battery time (and I do have auxiliary power!). I have/have had 7 iPhones, and my employer have a few thousand users; the common number one grievance is the lack of battery time. After we got used to decent battery time with our last versions of dumb-phones before the iPhone, this has been a constant loss, fortunately not challenged by iPhone's competitors, in what case I probably would have been forced to use Android of some kind.

Regarding size, I much prefer the size of my 6s to my 5s, and my wife is extremely happy with the size of her 6+. So am I because it saved me upgrading her iPad, and to her size is less important carrying a purse. The current size range is in my opinion perfect, and should have been in place long ago, but waiting obviously was a great business decision. 

The other one is the lack of water proofing, once unlucky, this becomes important.
    Maybe if you have auxiliary power and you don't have enough battery life to get through the day, have you considered that the problem is not battery life but how much time you spend with your phone? Do you spend more time looking at your phone than your family? While that may not be a problem if they are also mesmerized by their little screens at the same time. But you remain outraged while spending all you non phone time detesting thinness. Just an observation. To each his own. Hey if your phone is dead, just pick up that iPad your wife no longer uses. Between the two maybe you can be assured of another day without having to sleep.
    Of yes, I really love spending a long day using the phone on a business trip, of course playing games so I dont have to bother about following the ongoing boring negotiations, just being in the red part of the  battery indicator needing the downloaded  boarding pass.

You may not believe it, but there are people using the phone as a professional tool!

The iPhone is the best for that purpose I belive. BUT BATTERY TIME BEATS THE IMPORTANCE OF A FEW FRACTIONS OF AN INCHE IN THICKNESS.

And its a joke that you need to haul around auxiliary power, which usually somehow tends to end up out of reach when really needed.
    glynh6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 83 of 143
    cintoscintos Posts: 113member
    tomasulu said:
    So many words and still iphone 7 will be to iPhone 6s what iPhone 6s was to iPhone 6. Everything's improved but nothing will be really new and desirable. And we all knew how iPhone 6s turned out. I have been using iPhone 6 Plus for two years and I should be upgrading but I'm not. I bet there will be many iPhone 6 users like me. 
    tomasula is so certain that the 7 will be so boring that he will waste our time telling us he will not be upgrading.
    baconstangmagman1979lolliverwilliamlondonnolamacguypatchythepiratebrucemc
  • Reply 84 of 143
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    pkissel said:
    I've been an Android user all of my life. But I'm tired of the Android phone manufactures' lack of OS support for the phone they make. If I'm lucky I might get one Android full update. If I'm lucky I might get bug and vulnerability updates every 3 months or so. If I want the latest OS I should just buy a new phone. Don't blame us...its your phone company preventing you OS updates. You may say I'd be overpaying for an iPhone but at least Apple supports it. Apple has consistently supported the iPhone for 3+ years. I usually buy higher end flagship Android phones so its not that much more expensive for me to buy an iPhone. This Fall I will be buying a new phone. It seems like the only real challenger to the iPhone is Google's Nexus line. I'll be considering it but at this point Google will have to win my business and give me a reason to not jump ship.
    All your life? Then you must be like 8 years old, and if you were a Andriod worth your salt you would've gotten a Nexus
    tallest skil
  • Reply 85 of 143
    xmhillxxmhillx Posts: 112member
    rpt said:
    kent909 said:

Maybe if you have auxiliary power and you don't have enough battery life to get through the day, have you considered that the problem is not battery life but how much time you spend with your phone? Do you spend more time looking at your phone than your family? While that may not be a problem if they are also mesmerized by their little screens at the same time. But you remain outraged while spending all you non phone time detesting thinness. Just an observation. To each his own. Hey if your phone is dead, just pick up that iPad your wife no longer uses. Between the two maybe you can be assured of another day without having to sleep.
    Of yes, I really love spending a long day using the phone on a business trip, of course playing games so I dont have to bother about following the ongoing boring negotiations, just being in the red part of the  battery indicator needing the downloaded  boarding pass.

You may not believe it, but there are people using the phone as a professional tool!

The iPhone is the best for that purpose I belive. BUT BATTERY TIME BEATS THE IMPORTANCE OF A FEW FRACTIONS OF AN INCHE IN THICKNESS.

And its a joke that you need to haul around auxiliary power, which usually somehow tends to end up out of reach when really needed.
    That's understandable, man. Legitimate concern there. Have you considered those battery cases? They add bulk and I personally think they're ugly, and cases in general are ugly so I use my iPhone bare, but they'll extend battery life a hell of a lot. Maybe you already use them if battery is a high priority for you, but you wish you didn't have to use one. 

The battery built into a case would be more convenient and portable than hauling around an auxiliary power brick and having to connect it with a cable. 
    edited July 2016 ai46
  • Reply 86 of 143
    lolliverlolliver Posts: 494member
    TurboPGT said:
    Standing ovation for a brilliant dose of reality. Maybe you can sway the other authors on this site to stop touting the bullshit narrative?
    Yeah I agree. Seems like a few of the other authors would end up being called out in DED's articles if he was writing for another site. Especially with the direction some of them have been heading.
    intrepidfosterai46
  • Reply 87 of 143
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    IPad volumes were inflated a surge of cheap minis. iPad Pro is clearly outselling iPad Air 2.
    I hardly know any where near the amount of facts and statistics on iPad sales that you know.   Please refer to where Apple has published these number broken down by model.   I was hoping/expecting to get an Air 3 back in Sept 2015.  When the 12.7 iPad Pro came out I debated getting it, the 9.7 iPad Pro whenever that came out, or the iPad Air II which they continued to sell.    Eventually I got the Air II and think it's great, but I don't really miss anything announced in either Pro.   
    Ok? Lots of advice for the leading tech company. Offer some brilliant thoughts on Google, Microsoft or Samsung and let's see everyone prosper!
    Hopefully the lightning ear buds will satisfy everyone upgrading to the iphone7.    

Nothing will save Microsoft phones(Maybe they could pay Bieber and Kim Kardashian $100 Million to use Continuum to create spreadsheets and Power Points so that a new generation of teens will be turned on to just how cool that is).

Google needs to make Android more secure like Apple and also make upgrades better/easier/faster.    Core iOS is has always been and continues to be better than Android, but Google does better services.   I like the design of lots of Android phones better than the iPhone 6/6s , but iOS is just better.   I've tried a couple Android phones in the past but happily carry two 5S's
    Did you notice what Apple said at WWDC about Siri? Were you under a large rock?
    I saw the keynote and read the reviews on AI and just throught the SIRI improvements where basically piecemeal.   Just like Apples improvements to Apple Maps.
    Wow you literally know everything. 
    Nope.   Its just my opinion.  Expected to be wowed after reading your earlier piece.   Maybe you just got my expectations too high for what Apple delivered.
    So so many people walking down the street talking to their smartphones everyday. Oh wait. No, that's not really happening at all. But you have managed to fall for moron talking points
    I see a better SIRI as important to all of apple's products especially iPhone, Carplay, Apple watch, and Apple TV.    Adding to macOs is the least important.
    There's no doubt a populist uprising will also bring CD drives to MacBooks too. And then floppy drives. And a then 1990s serial ports, because legacy and innovation are two sides of the same coin!
    I sure hope that Apple adds USB 3.1 Type C to all their Computers this year.   Adding it to iPad would also be nice.   Micro USB, MiniUSB, Type 1, and type 2 should all be outlawed.

anantksundaram
  • Reply 88 of 143
    staticx57staticx57 Posts: 405member
    lolliver said:
    TurboPGT said:
    Standing ovation for a brilliant dose of reality. Maybe you can sway the other authors on this site to stop touting the bullshit narrative?
    Yeah I agree. Seems like a few of the other authors would end up being called out in DED's articles if he was writing for another site. Especially with the direction some of them have been heading.
    I am sure the other authors will really lose sleep over being called out by an author who is very one-sided and doesn't backup any of his claims other than referencing his previous articles. 
    jonlsingularitydasanman69
  • Reply 89 of 143
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    rpt said:
    kent909 said:

Regardless of what you are using a phone for, if your day is so long and intensive that your battery dies, again maybe things are out of balance. Remember, there was a time that people lived both their family lives and their work lives without cell phones, especially smart ones. I am just trying to point out that the problem you have may not be the problem that you really have.
    dasanman69nolamacguyai46
  • Reply 90 of 143
    "Telling a story succinctly is not my core competency"

You don't say... :)

A lot of this article is good, but I feel that if you're going to accuse others of spin, it's important you not do so yourself. 4.5 stars is not "nearly twice" 3, it's only 1.5 times. And while many manufacturers have modifies the 3.5mm jack in various ways, Apple included, the point is that both standard stereo headphones, as well as high-end headphones, were compatible with all. That's why it seems crazy to change it. I suspect it may also, re. your final point, be in part why the SE is selling so well. It was certainly a major factor in my decision to get one.
    dasanman69baconstang
  • Reply 91 of 143
    SEngineerSEngineer Posts: 16member
    Game is Over, infact it was an imposible competition. If Samsung  hadAndroid there may  have been  a chance. ecosystem will prohibit samsung to win now 
  • Reply 92 of 143
    I get the feeling you're missing the point of the criticism aimed at Apple. Even if the next iPhone is the best phone on the planet, it'll still just be a phone. There are only incremental improvements each year. Comparing Apple to Samsung now is like saying in 2006 that HP is doing well compared to Dell, sure they were still making good products but there's minimal innovation. Each time Apple tries to innovate, it's ho hum. Siri is limited, the Watch was ordinary at best, Music and Maps are me-too services that rely on owning the platform. It's the smaller companies that are changing the world now that Apple is a corporate behemoth. They're the new Microsoft.
    singularitydasanman696Sgoldfish
  • Reply 93 of 143
    I get the feeling you're missing the point of the criticism aimed at Apple. Even if the next iPhone is the best phone on the planet, it'll still just be a phone. There are only incremental improvements each year. Comparing Apple to Samsung now is like saying in 2006 that HP is doing well compared to Dell, sure they were still making good products but there's minimal innovation. Each time Apple tries to innovate, it's ho hum. Siri is limited, the Watch was ordinary at best, Music and Maps are me-too services that rely on owning the platform. It's the smaller companies that are changing the world now that Apple is a corporate behemoth. They're the new Microsoft.
    The thing that they miss the point phone is not only the lonely thing. Watch, payment,  tv, car, home, health continuity, game console,  etc. every thing is being connected on Apple, this is the revolution and innovation
    edited July 2016 xmhillxnolamacguyDanielEranpatchythepiratefastasleep
  • Reply 94 of 143
    I love your articles, but I wish you would stop talking about Brexit. You know nothing about it.
    Exactly!
  • Reply 95 of 143
    melgross said:
    Well, another interesting, but flawed, article by one of our most interesting, but one sided, authors.

While much in the article is right, there is much that is wrong as well. Often, I feel that he doesn't understand some of what he's writing about, because the spin he puts on things is often out of sync with reality.

For example, he talks about iPhone sales this year as though everything is fine. It's not. Last quarters' iPhones sales fell by 16%. No matter how it's spun, that's just not ok. Sales were expected to be flat, not significantly down. He talks as thought they were, in fact, flat. Whether we like it or not, the new features of the 6S and 6S+ weren't considered to be all that interesting by the general buying public, and that includes many iPhone owners.

The SE will probably save them these two quarters.    While one year of YOY declines or flat growth may be acceptable a second year isn't so the iPhone7 is incredibly important.    Maybe apple will surprise us with the AMOLED screen this year (one year ahead of what everyone expects) in a totally new, sharper, design.   That's what I hope.

plans several years in advance, and often, a first generation feature really doesn't do that much. But then, Siri hasn't done much more years after it was first released. Maybe this year, with the opening to third parties, it will change. But frankly, it's been a disappointment.
    I am of the opinion that the Apple Car (project Titan) is getting the money that should have been put into put into SIRI years ago.(And Apple Maps and Software and Services). Development is going to whatever Ive wants to work on.   First Watch Now car.   Ive never sounded much like computer guy so know we see longer upgrade cycles for Macs.

The camera, which Apple touts so strongly, has no real advantage anymore. Samsung, and others, have caught up, and are even a bit better in some areas. Though, the iPhone still takes pictures, that on average, are more accurate in exposure and color. Where are RAW files? That makes a big difference in quality, and a number of Android phones have had that for years now. It's just software, so there's no real good reason for not having it. I was surely hoping to see it this year.
    If Apple really has pulled off this dual camera set up then they should find a way to have it on both the iPhone 7 and 7+. If they do then sales will probably soar again - at least for the next year.

The SoC is definitely ahead of everyone else. But no, Apple doesn't double performance every year. Some years, yes, but most years it about 50% for the CPU and 75% for the GPU. That's not putting it down, but just for some real world accuracy.

As far as styling goes, there is no doubt that Apple is no longer the leader there. While I like my 6+, and we will be upgrading this year, according to our two year phone cycle plans, I have to say, that while it's nice, and feels good, it's nothing to look at and admire, as I did with my 4+, and even my 5 (we switched carriers that year, so we got new phones after only one year). When we got our original 3Gs', while they weren't incredible designs, they were far ahead of the usual smartphone, and so stood out. But now that every manufacturer has the same concept of a keyboard less phone, the differences are smaller. Frankly, the new Samsung S models are more interesting looking. We'll have to see if any of the rumors about 2017 are correct.

Tablets. Well, what's to say here? The tablet revolution has waned, it seems, and Apple's tablet sales along with everybodiy else's. I was expecting more from Apple here too. I've bought every model except for the iPad 4. Nice evolution. But the truth is that we need more than expected evolution at this point. We need Apple to come up with something markedly superior. Yes, the Pencil is great. Having color management is significant, and hopefully, this year, we will see those new screens the 27" iMac and the 9.7" iPad Pro feature.
    People bought the iPhone 6 because of the larger screen.   I find the look boring.

If the iPad Pros were such a hit they would have made up for the short fall in iPhone sales since its the first year of this product. - But in actuality its not a first year of a new product, but just an expensive evolutionary upgrade of a few features that should have been out earlier.  I still believe that most iPad sales are probably going to the more affordable Air II.    Stylus support is a niche feature already done by MS and Google.   iPads are over priced by $50-$150.   They need to lower the price to sell more units of the iPad Pros so that more developers add Pencil specific features.   Unfortunately the Pencil isn't must have if you aren't an artist. 

But that's not enough to stop the fall in sales, much less to reverse it. While I hate to admit it. The only place where we're seeing growth in the computer industry now is the 2:1 market. Somehow, Apple is going to have to acknowledge that, and product a product in that area. I hope they do so sooner than later.
    I'd take Continuity over Continuum any day, but the Surface Pro is certainly a nice, light laptop.    I have a Surface 3.   Its underpowered but the kick stand is a nice feature.

Then, last but not least, there is the question of macOS vs iOS.  Where are these going? While Apple has consistently stated that the two will never merge, the continued merger of features, both user facing, and at the lower OS levels, makes me think that just maybe Apple isn't as steadfast in this as they say they are. Never say never, as the saying goes. The bringing over of the full color management software is certainly a major step there. What they need to do there is open it with APIs as they have in macOS.

But  why stop there? Considering the Origen of Apple's various OSs, there is no reason to think that they can't be merged. With APFS coming soon, for all the versions, Apple is showing that they don't want any of them, from WatchOS to macOS, to diverge. If they are so concerned that they don't diverge, and with feature parity coming closer as time goes on, can they eventually do anything other than merge?

I certainly don't expect to see a full macOS on the watch, but there is no reason it couldn't be a subset. As the watch gains in performance over the years, it will be more of a possibility.

In fact, if Apple can double performance of their "A" series chips in the next two years, with some changes that I've mentioned several times in the last, there is no reason why they couldn't power a notebook. The biggest problem is the one of x86 vs ARM instruction sets. It's fantasy to believe that every developer would run to move their software from x86 to ARM if apple announced a macOS notebook. And despite what a few think, and ARM SoC could, in no way support x86 software at anywhere neare required performance levels.

Apple has, no doubt, been running MacOS on ARM for at least a couple of years, and possibly some of their software as well. So I would expect that if they did do this, they would have much, but not all, of their stuff ready. But that's not enough. So I would express my idea again. There are no patents or copyrights on individual instructions from CPUs. Big Endian, Little Endian, as well as other expressions of algorithms to process chip information is open to everyone. It turns out that the 80% slowdown experiences when making an emulator from one chip family to another is caused by just a relatively few instructions that are done differently. There is no reasons why these instructions couldn't be included in an ARM SoC, and referred to when an x86 app needs them. That would close the performance difference significantly.

If Apple chose to do this, then x86 software could be run directly on an ARM SoC with relatively little slowdown. If the SoC is fast enough on its own, they it could work. Apple could save a bundle, as even slow x86 chips, and chipsets, cost much more than does an Apple SoC. Just a thought!

i think that running iOS and macOS apps would work well. I have no doubt that Apple software people could figure out how to manage that well.
    The one good thing I saw in WWDC was the changes in watchOS 3.0.    When the apple watch was announced I thought there was something just plain wrong in the Apple sense that you needed a 15 training session to use it.  The watch band connector seemed to be the only innovative thing about it.   At least they seem to be willing the change some things that don't work.    I'm expecting the 2nd generation watch to be quite nice and the down the road the 3rd and 4th will probably be killer.   Until you have LTE and voice on the Apple watch it will remain an accessory that only small percentage will get - hopefully that will come with watch 3 or 4.

If Cook is smart he will get rid of Cue.   If sales don't rebound he may be forced to offer up a sacrifice to investors.    Cue's certainly failed failed to perform.  
  • Reply 96 of 143
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    k2kw said:
    melgross said:
    Well, another interesting, but flawed, article by one of our most interesting, but one sided, authors.

While much in the article is right, there is much that is wrong as well. Often, I feel that he doesn't understand some of what he's writing about, because the spin he puts on things is often out of sync with reality.

For example, he talks about iPhone sales this year as though everything is fine. It's not. Last quarters' iPhones sales fell by 16%. No matter how it's spun, that's just not ok. Sales were expected to be flat, not significantly down. He talks as thought they were, in fact, flat. Whether we like it or not, the new features of the 6S and 6S+ weren't considered to be all that interesting by the general buying public, and that includes many iPhone owners.

The SE will probably save them these two quarters.    While one year of YOY declines or flat growth may be acceptable a second year isn't so the iPhone7 is incredibly important.    Maybe apple will surprise us with the AMOLED screen this year (one year ahead of what everyone expects) in a totally new, sharper, design.   That's what I hope.

I am of the opinion that the Apple Car (project Titan) is getting the money that should have been put into put into SIRI years ago.(And Apple Maps and Software and Services). Development is going to whatever Ive wants to work on.   First Watch Now car.   Ive never sounded much like computer guy so know we see longer upgrade cycles for Macs.

If Apple really has pulled off this dual camera set up then they should find a way to have it on both the iPhone 7 and 7+. If they do then sales will probably soar again - at least for the next year.

People bought the iPhone 6 because of the larger screen.   I find the look boring.

If the iPad Pros were such a hit they would have made up for the short fall in iPhone sales since its the first year of this product. - But in actuality its not a first year of a new product, but just an expensive evolutionary upgrade of a few features that should have been out earlier.  I still believe that most iPad sales are probably going to the more affordable Air II.    Stylus support is a niche feature already done by MS and Google.   iPads are over priced by $50-$150.   They need to lower the price to sell more units of the iPad Pros so that more developers add Pencil specific features.   Unfortunately the Pencil isn't must have if you aren't an artist. 

I'd take Continuity over Continuum any day, but the Surface Pro is certainly a nice, light laptop.    I have a Surface 3.   Its underpowered but the kick stand is a nice feature.

The one good thing I saw in WWDC was the changes in watchOS 3.0.    When the apple watch was announced I thought there was something just plain wrong in the Apple sense that you needed a 15 training session to use it.  The watch band connector seemed to be the only innovative thing about it.   At least they seem to be willing the change some things that don't work.    I'm expecting the 2nd generation watch to be quite nice and the down the road the 3rd and 4th will probably be killer.   Until you have LTE and voice on the Apple watch it will remain an accessory that only small percentage will get - hopefully that will come with watch 3 or 4.

If Cook is smart he will get rid of Cue.   If sales don't rebound he may be forced to offer up a sacrifice to investors.    Cue's certainly failed failed to perform.  
    "If Cook is smart he will get rid of Cue.   If sales don't rebound he may be forced to offer up a sacrifice to investors.    Cue's certainly failed failed to perform.  "

Agree with that
  • Reply 97 of 143
    melgross said:

The mistake that you're making here, and in some other points, is drawing the conclusion that a sales drop is primarily due to the features/innovation. You don't actually know that. Nobody knows that. In fact, if you look at the flagship smartphone market as a whole, it's unlikely that's the case. Samsung has basically resorted to 2 for 1 deals to increase S7 sales volume. That doesn't exactly show confidence from Samsung in regards to any new hardware/software features they might include vs. the iPhone. 
    You really can't go by Samsung these days. The last time they had a sales increase in their "S" series line was with the S4. It's been downhill every since.

Smartphones sales have been flat this year. But Apple's was down 16% last quarter YoY.  That's more than just from a flat market. So it's not that difficult to see that with Apple coming off a major change with the original 6 series that the 6S series failed to excite. While the feature set for the S series is nice, certainly, it's just not exciting, as going to bigger screens, and a new case, was.

This year, with a minor case change, will the rest of the feature set change that ho hum thinking? I don't particularly care, because as I said, we're on a two year upgrade plan. So we'll buy anyway. That's a whole three phones, but not enough to to move the needle.

If it's true that Apple will be making major changes next year, that will be exciting, assuming that what we are reading is mostly true. Major new case, OLED screen. Those alone can up sales more than a bit. And we'll see other upgrades as well, of course. Will we buy? Probably not, as we'll wait until the next year.
    Maybe the real change / surprise for the iPhone 7 / 7+ will be a 1080 p screen on the iphone 7 and a 4K screen on the iphone 7+.  Really haven't heard any rumors about the screen definition (other than they expect a change in 2017 to OLED).  And hopefully more, better speakers. Then the following year the switch to OLED screens.
  • Reply 98 of 143
    staticx57 said:
    lolliver said:
    I am sure the other authors will really lose sleep over being called out by an author who is very one-sided and doesn't backup any of his claims other than referencing his previous articles. 
    I wouldn't say he's one-sided.  He stands as a voice of reason against a wall of insane commentary from lunatic journalists. 
    nolamacguybaconstangDanielEranai46brucemc
  • Reply 99 of 143
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    kent909 said:
    melgross said:
    You really can't go by Samsung these days. The last time they had a sales increase in their "S" series line was with the S4. It's been downhill every since.

Smartphones sales have been flat this year. But Apple's was down 16% last quarter YoY.  That's more than just from a flat market. So it's not that difficult to see that with Apple coming off a major change with the original 6 series that the 6S series failed to excite. While the feature set for the S series is nice, certainly, it's just not exciting, as going to bigger screens, and a new case, was.

This year, with a minor case change, will the rest of the feature set change that ho hum thinking? I don't particularly care, because as I said, we're on a two year upgrade plan. So we'll buy anyway. That's a whole three phones, but not enough to to move the needle.

If it's true that Apple will be making major changes next year, that will be exciting, assuming that what we are reading is mostly true. Major new case, OLED screen. Those alone can up sales more than a bit. And we'll see other upgrades as well, of course. Will we buy? Probably not, as we'll wait until the next year.
    You are saying we can't come to any conclusions based on the decrease in Samsung sales, but we can based on iPhone sales. How does the saying go and I paraphrase Future returns cannot be based on past results. I am going to be bold here and predict that iPhone sales will break all previous records while at the same time saying they will not. While that is a contradictory statement it is a true statement. One or the other will happen. I don't know which and nobody else does either. I may be remembering things wrong, but it seemed to me that in the past an Apple keynote always revealed the "one more thing" that nobody saw coming. Now everything announced at the keynotes have all been hashed and rehashed ad infinitum in the rumors blogs. How can anybody get excited about the new features when the irrational emotional response has worn off before one can actually buy the new whatever? Yawn!
    You have to look at the different cultures around Samsung and Apple, and that Apple is the only maker of iOS goods, while Samsung is just one of many in the Android world. In addition, Android buyers are much more resistant to higher pricing, while most Apple buyers are not. So there are different conclusions to be reached looking at the two.

When buying an iOS device, you need to come to Apple, but when buying an Android device, you can change manufacturers each time. That puts a different perspective on it.

So with Android, if one manufacturer fails to excite, you can look at another. If Apple fails to excite, there's nowhere else to go.
    dasanman69
  • Reply 100 of 143
    way to go Daniel!  Love these no holds barred editorials! 
    baconstangDanielEranpatchythepirateai46