Lunch with Apple's Bozoma Saint John up for charity auction

Posted:
in General Discussion
A "power lunch" with the chief of global consumer marketing for Apple Music and iTunes Bozoma Saint John is up for auction, with the proceeds benefitting the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation.

The auction posted on CharityBuzz has a starting bid of $1500, and an estimated value of $10,000.

Bozoma "Boz" Saint John joined Apple as part of the Beats Music acquisition. Her Apple debut was at this year's WWDC keynote speech, showing off the new features of Apple music coming in iOS 10 and MacOS Sierra. Previously, Saint John served as vice president of marketing for fashion brand Ashley Stewart, as well as at Spike Lee's advertising agency SpikeDDB.

The Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation, founded by Def Jam Records founder Russell Summons, Run-DMC member Joseph Simmons, and Danny Simmons aims to provide inner city youth across New York City exposure to the arts, as well as providing exhibition opportunities to new artists.

Apple executives Tim Cook and Eddy Cue have also offered auctions for charity on the CharityBuzz service. Cook's latest offering on CharityBuzz gathered $515,000 for the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights.

No bids have been made on the luncheon as of yet. The auction runs through July 21.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    She's a firecracker alright, but $10,000 for lunch is a bit outside my price range.
    cali
  • Reply 2 of 15
    mtbnutmtbnut Posts: 199member
    I'll take it. Tim Cook would put me to sleep.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Ummmm WHY?
    mike1
  • Reply 4 of 15
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    She was annoying during the presentation. Can't imagine wanting to sit through a whole meal.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    cali said:
    Ummmm WHY?
    I had the exact same question.  I don't understand why they picked her.  Why not Angela Ahrendts?  I would think she would draw higher bidders for a charity auction.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    cali said:
    Ummmm WHY?

probably because she's the chief of consumer marketing
  • Reply 7 of 15
    pdbreskepdbreske Posts: 45member
    This is nuts. I remember there was a palpable uneasiness in the audience as Saint John urged them to get into the music she was playing on stage. This was a crowd of developers—people not really known for their edgy love of music or fashion. As I write this, there is still only one bid ($1500) on the auction.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    Is Bozoma a name? Or some self branding BS?
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 9 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    cali said:
    Ummmm WHY?
    I had the exact same question.  I don't understand why they picked her.  Why not Angela Ahrendts?  I would think she would draw higher bidders for a charity auction.
    Maybe someone wants a date with her?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    cali said:
    Ummmm WHY?
    Is this coming from Apple? Or is she doing this on her own?  Only one bid so far so doesn't seem like too many people are interested.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Nothing against the rest of the presenters of WWDC but she stole with show with her happy hip attitude, I'm not sure if the audience knew how to take her.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,707member
    She's a cutie pie. But dang. That's SOME first date. 

• Reply 13 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Is this coming from Apple? Or is she doing this on her own?  Only one bid so far so doesn't seem like too many people are interested.
    Looks like she's doing it off her own back. She's got $1750 so far. Doesnt seem that much to me, but it's early days. 
  • Reply 14 of 15
    isilverisilver Posts: 15member
    Weird photo, what happened to her legs???
  • Reply 15 of 15
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    thrang said:
    Is Bozoma a name? Or some self branding BS?
    more likely a real name than "Thrang"?