Apple CEO Tim Cook calls for racial equality in light of US shooting deaths

24567

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 121
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,605member
    why- said:

    is it the law in America that the sentence for resisting arrest is death? because that's kind of messed up
    No, but a police officer is a human and is going to react. When you threaten someone with a gun, or try to grab theirs, naturally a human being fears for his safety. Especially when he knows you've got a violent rap sheet three city blocks long. 

    It's like crossing the street on foot. You might have the right of way but if you step in front of a moving car you're going to get hurt. People who didn't get into altercations with the police didn't get shot by police. 
    They have either people with the wrong temperament being officers or piss poor training.  And I'm sure the manual doesn't say 'hold down suspect and then fill full of lead'
    londorbaconstangAnimobiusdasanman69loquiturRayz2016ronnlatifbp
  • Reply 22 of 121
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,605member
    apple ][ said:
    I also have some common sense advice to anybody of any color or race, if they wish to avoid getting shot by the police.

    Don't be a moron. Don't resist arrest. Be respectful, don't be a douchebag and I probably shouldn't even have to write this last one, but don't go for their gun or attempt to get violent with the police.

    Most of the people who have gotten shot deserved what they got, due to their incredible stupidity. I don't care what color you are, don't resist arrest. If you do, then whatever happens to you will be your own making, and I couldn't care less what happens to you in that case.
    Nope Shoot first ask questions later is not an acceptable policy.   As this is now apparently the norm black people are undoubtedly afraid of the police and will likely act erratically as they will expect to be shot and murdered.  This is a cycle which will only escalate. 
    edited July 2016 londormobiusloquiturbaconstangronnlatifbp
  • Reply 23 of 121
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    irnchriz said:
    Nope, if the police were not so trigger happy or thought that killing blacks is ok then this wouldn't be on the news.  Shoot first ask questions later is not an acceptable policy. 
    It's on the news because liberal media decides to put it on the news and push issues that suit them. There's plenty of other equally newsworthy stories that are completely buried by the liberal media, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

    Blacks should be most worried about other blacks. Look at how many murders there are in wonderful, liberal places like Chicago, and other Democrat run havens.
    redraider11joseph_went_south
  • Reply 24 of 121
    AniAni Posts: 5member
    First of all, I condemn shooting and killing police officers. Chances are high it will be the "wrong" officers anyway.

    But as someone not living in the US, in a country with strict gun controls and a tiny portion of US gun deaths, I really wonder:

    Gun proponents often quote the Second Amendment and somehow it always ends with the right to defend against an evil government, hence the need for assault rifles and other military grade weapons.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Obviously, this is not about guns for rabbit hunts (neither was it about killing children and random innocent citizens though). It seems that someone (or multiple persons) are taking the Second Amendment into real actions, not just a theoretical right.

    I'm interested to learn how the NRA and their puppets are going to spin-doctor this.

    londorcnocbuibaconstangronn
  • Reply 25 of 121
    apple ][ said:
    Real smart Tim Cook! And real smart Obama! 

    Thanks to Obama and the entire liberal media, many police officers have been shot dead tonight, and many more wounded! The liberal media and the left has been on a Jihad against the police for a long time now. This is the result of their lies, their instigation and their rhetoric.

    I wonder if Obama will invite the shooters to the Whitehouse and give them a medal? The Whitehouse has hosted BLM before and Obama loves BLM.

    Once again, Apple is on the wrong side of history, taking sides with the bad guys.


    I'm almost 100% sure that the perpetrators of the cop killings are neither ignorant white working class troublemakers nor ignorant angry black working class agitators, but conniving, cunning malevolent establishment agent-provovateurs hell-bent on fomenting race war among the barely-literate underclasses as a means of deflecting the rapidly growing anger at the economic consequences of the growing debt mountain.
    <b>
     It failed to ignite last year in the wake of the Trayvon Martin / "I can't breathe..." / Sandra Bland / Walter Scott etc shootings, instead eliciting a dignified "Black Lives Matter" civic protest, and so the strategy switched to religion and Islamophobia with the "lone jihadists" shootings. Now the plot swings back full circle to racial war...
    <b>
    No doubt we'll be hearing from many angry and bitter sides of the out-of-control racial debate, and many of those voices will be agent provocateurs enlisted to foment more bitter engagements, and the gutter press will join in under instructions from their baleful masters.
    <b>
    Stay classy, America, stay aware, informed and educated ("ejumacated", LoL), however difficult that may be...

    edited July 2016 joseph_went_south
  • Reply 26 of 121
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    apple ][ said:
    I also have some common sense advice to anybody of any color or race, if they wish to avoid getting shot by the police.

    Don't be a moron. Don't resist arrest. Be respectful, don't be a douchebag and I probably shouldn't even have to write this last one, but don't go for their gun or attempt to get violent with the police.

    Most of the people who have gotten shot deserved what they got, due to their incredible stupidity. I don't care what color you are, don't resist arrest. If you do, then whatever happens to you will be your own making, and I couldn't care less what happens to you in that case.
    In other words, be a good slave and act like one, or else.

    I doubt you can even begin to imagine what people who live in civilised parts of the world think of the US and it's police forces.
    londorsphericmobiusdasanman69loquiturbaconstangronnlatifbppropod
  • Reply 27 of 121
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    apple ][ said:
    Did you actually look into what happened to Philando Castile? 
    No, I have not followed that case at all, and it may very well have happened as you describe it. If there was anything criminal committed by the cops in that case, then they should obviously be charged and prosecuted. 

    One of the cases that began the whole BLM movement was based on lies and was a fraud. The Michael Brown shooting. He got exactly what was coming to him. The douchebag attempted to take the officer out. The officer won, and good for him. And that whole "don't shoot" crap with the hands up garbage? It's all a lie. Never happened.



    I would love to see how your defective reasoning interprets this:



    Nah, keep it to yourself, I couldn't care less.

    londordasanman69baconstangronnlatifbp
  • Reply 28 of 121
    I wish Tim would call for some newly refreshed Mac products. 
    cnocbui
  • Reply 29 of 121
    apple ][ said:
    Don't be a moron. Don't resist arrest. Be respectful, don't be a douchebag and I probably shouldn't even have to write this last one, but don't go for their gun or attempt to get violent with the police.
    Don't be a moron. Don't resist. And most importantly don't be black, that apparently will get you killed
    sphericdasanman69baconstangronnlatifbp
  • Reply 30 of 121
    apple ][ said:
    Real smart Tim Cook! And real smart Obama! 

    Thanks to Obama and the entire liberal media, many police officers have been shot dead tonight, and many more wounded! The liberal media and the left has been on a Jihad against the police for a long time now. This is the result of their lies, their instigation and their rhetoric.

    I wonder if Obama will invite the shooters to the Whitehouse and give them a medal? The Whitehouse has hosted BLM before and Obama loves BLM.

    Once again, Apple is on the wrong side of history, taking sides with the bad guys.


    You need serious mental help. Why do you think we don't have that kind of BS here in Europe? Mostly liberal, left wing countries. You live in a scare mongering society, drenched in fear. Police officers are trigger happy, guns are easy to get and it's full of racists. Of course you'll end up with this kind of mess.
    londorsingularitydasanman69baconstangronnlatifbppropod
  • Reply 31 of 121
    portcityportcity Posts: 68member
    First of all if Cook really cared about racial equality he would be hiring more African American males and females. Secondly, we have great law enforcement in this country, but it is sad to see how some officers treat African Americans differently. Their have been countless times in this country when people of other races committed horrible crimes such mass murder, but yet were given the opportunity to put their weapon down and leave the scene alive. 
    edited July 2016 ronn
  • Reply 32 of 121
    xbitxbit Posts: 340member
    AI shouldn't allow comments on articles like this. It's only going to end in a flaming shitstorm.
    macxpress
  • Reply 33 of 121
    thedbathedba Posts: 676member
    flaneur said:
    apple ][ said:
    Real smart Tim Cook! And real smart Obama! 

    Thanks to Obama and the entire liberal media, many police officers have been shot dead tonight, and many more wounded! The liberal media and the left has been on a Jihad against the police for a long time now. This is the result of their lies, their instigation and their rhetoric.

    I wonder if Obama will invite the shooters to the Whitehouse and give them a medal? The Whitehouse has hosted BLM before and Obama loves BLM.

    Once again, Apple is on the wrong side of history, taking sides with the bad guys.


    If you're so desperate for someone or something to blame,  the cell phone videos and social media are about a thousand times more influential to those who are protesting police oppression than anything said by the president and your mythical liberal media.  

    Apple ][ is on my ignore list mostly due to childish postings like the one you quoted from him. It's refreshing to see opinions such as yours. 
    sphericlondorbaconstangronn
  • Reply 34 of 121
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    xbit said:
    AI shouldn't allow comments on articles like this. It's only going to end in a flaming shitstorm.
    You just summed up the Internet.
    baconstang
  • Reply 35 of 121
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,256member
    apple ][ said:
    Yep, this is Obama's making. Even the good sheriff David Clark agrees with me.


    And I've said it before, but I sure wish that Apple would STFU about politics!



    Apple didn't say anything political...Tim Cook did. Tim is a US Citizen just like I assume you and I and has every right to speak out. Just because AI decides to put it on their website doesn't mean Apple is saying anything. I for one are glad people are speaking out. If you just sit in your house and never say anything nothing will ever get done. If it takes someone who is a little more famous to get the ball rolling then so be it. Its not like this is distracting him from doing his normal everyday job. He's not going out all over the country doing political speeches instead of running Apple. 

    I don't want to sound like a dick and I'm sorry if anyone takes this that way, but police departments are doing it to themselves. When normal traffic stops turn into a shooting for no apparent reason, stuff like this is going to happen. I don't know where this I guess I'll call it police brutality is coming from. Some police officers get a gun or a stun gun and think they're god or something...like they're above the law. The main focus of a police department is to protect our citizens, not kill them because someone got lippy with them at a traffic stop (or whatever the innocent case may be) and then make up some bullshit story to cover their ass. What is that showing everyone else? How is that setting a positive example for others?
    edited July 2016 londorbaconstangronn
  • Reply 36 of 121
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Let the investigations play out. If the police were guilty of murder, throw them under the jail, then, capital punishment is a good method of stopping murderers. 

    Also, 4 police officers are dead tonight, anyone think we'll hear from Tim Cook on that? 
    We haven't so far. Shame that he couldn't let these investigations play out before condemning. 
    joseph_went_south
  • Reply 37 of 121
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,165member
    portcity said:
    First of all if Cook really cared about racial equality he would be hiring more African American males and females. Secondly, we have great law enforcement in this country, but it is sad to see how some officers treat African Americans differently. Their have been countless times in this country when people of other races committed horrible crimes such mass murder, but yet were given the opportunity to put their weapon down and leave the scene alive. 
    Apple is pretty much exactly spot-on in terms of racial representation in its operations within the United States.

    http://www.apple.com/diversity/
    (towards the bottom)
    edited July 2016 baconstang
  • Reply 38 of 121
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    apple ][ said:
    Real smart Tim Cook! And real smart Obama! 

    Thanks to Obama and the entire liberal media, many police officers have been shot dead tonight, and many more wounded! The liberal media and the left has been on a Jihad against the police for a long time now. This is the result of their lies, their instigation and their rhetoric.

    I wonder if Obama will invite the shooters to the Whitehouse and give them a medal? The Whitehouse has hosted BLM before and Obama loves BLM.

    Once again, Apple is on the wrong side of history, taking sides with the bad guys.


    Apparently many don't realize the problem here, the overwhelming vast majority of people shot by cops are in fact criminals often with very long histories. Obama, possibly the most ignorant president ever, has set this nation on the wrong course with respect to law and order and even more so justice. It isn't unreasonable to call him the primary instigator in the recent shootings.
    thewhitefalconjoseph_went_southapple ][
  • Reply 39 of 121
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    There's a rumor that Hillary Clinton is going to ask Tim Cook to serve in her administration once she's elected. Good I hope she does. He belongs in politics not running a major technology company.
    joseph_went_south
  • Reply 40 of 121
    Ani said:
    First of all, I condemn shooting and killing police officers. Chances are high it will be the "wrong" officers anyway.

    But as someone not living in the US, in a country with strict gun controls and a tiny portion of US gun deaths, I really wonder:

    Gun proponents often quote the Second Amendment and somehow it always ends with the right to defend against an evil government, hence the need for assault rifles and other military grade weapons.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Obviously, this is not about guns for rabbit hunts (neither was it about killing children and random innocent citizens though). It seems that someone (or multiple persons) are taking the Second Amendment into real actions, not just a theoretical right.

    I'm interested to learn how the NRA and their puppets are going to spin-doctor this.

    Not exactly sure what you're talking about. This was an act of terror, not someone defending themselves from a tyrannical government. You are really no better than the shooter in that you're condemning a whole group of people based on the action of a few, just like the shooter condemned the whole of police based on the actions of a few. 
    thewhitefalcon
Sign In or Register to comment.