Alleged 'iPhone 7' leak offers crystal clear look at larger single-lens camera, tweaked antenna lin

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2016
With just a few months to go before Apple is expected to unveil its next-generation iPhone lineup, a new high-quality image falls in line with previous leaks, showcasing the expected look of the 4.7-inch model.

Via Nowhereelse.fr.

The alleged "iPhone 7" photo was posted on Monday by Nowhereelse.fr, giving a crystal clear look at the back case of the handset. In particular, the image is in line with earlier leaks, showing that Apple's 4.7-inch model is expected to have a single-lens camera with a larger opening than the iPhone 6s.

Notably, the camera lens is once again shown to protrude, staying consistent with earlier leaks, and seemingly dismissing earlier rumors claiming the camera will lay flush with the rest of the back.

In another change from the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 series, the purported "iPhone 7" is shown with antenna lines only around the top and bottom edges of the handset. It's expected that the next iPhone will ditch the lines that went across the back of the device, offering a cleaner aesthetic.

Monday's leak is believed to be the 4.7-inch model due to the inclusion of a single-lens camera. It's rumored that the larger 5.5-inch "Plus" variant will exclusively feature a new dual-lens camera design, which would allow for even higher quality images and potentially even optical zoom.

The "iPhone 7" case is shown in gold, and though it features an Apple logo on the back, it lacks any other engravings, such as the iPhone name. The absence is somewhat common in leaked, unfinished parts that sometimes find their way out of factories as Apple ramps up production.

Apple is expected to unveil its next-generation iPhone lineup in September, and likely launch the products that same month.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 79
    Looks good.
    levimdriftmeyerdoozydozenTurboPGTpatchythepirate
  • Reply 2 of 79
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    Lines still look ugly as hell... in-fact, this looks worse IMO.
    edited July 2016 bdkennedy1002cnocbui
  • Reply 3 of 79
    It doesn't matter where they (Apple) put those white lines, that's still ugly. Couldn't Apple just make the lines the same colour as the case or even a shade lighter than the case? 
  • Reply 4 of 79
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    What antenna lines?  I'm serious.  I saw antenna lines on my 6 for exactly the 12 seconds it took to put the leather case on it.  Haven't seen or thought about them since.
    tmaypscooter63jay-tphone-ui-guynolamacguytomkarlbanchoslprescottbb-15mdriftmeyer
  • Reply 5 of 79
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    What antenna lines?  I'm serious.  I saw antenna lines on my 6 for exactly the 12 seconds it took to put the leather case on it.  Haven't seen or thought about them since.
    If everything gets shoved in a case what's the point of using "premium" materials? Might as well just make a plastic phone then.
    jackansibdkennedy1002calicnocbui
  • Reply 6 of 79

It doesn't matter where they (Apple) put those white lines, that's still ugly. Couldn't Apple just make the lines the same colour as the case or even a shade lighter than the case? 
    Either they couldn't get them to match close enough ( and if it looked like something they tried to match but couldn't that would look even worse) or they intentionally wanted them white to tie into the front of the phone.
    jackansijay-tcalidoozydozen1983
  • Reply 7 of 79

adrayven said:
    Lines still look ugly as hell... in-fact, this looks worse IMO.
    How can they possibly look worse than what we have now?
    netmagejackansibdkennedy1002calidoozydozen1983
  • Reply 8 of 79
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,328member
    It's not an issue unless a person happens to be obsessive/compulsive. I had to look again at my iPhone 6 Plus even to remember what the antenna lines were; meh, not an issue.

I would note, however, that the lens cover appears to be quite a bit larger in diameter in comparison to flash than in the case of my 6 Plus. It might be wishful thinking, but Apple might have gone to an f/1.8 lens at the same focal length, a wider angle lens (i doubt that), or even a larger imager.
    netmagejackansipscooter63chiabb-15doozydozenTurboPGT
  • Reply 9 of 79
    SylvainLSylvainL Posts: 28member
    Do you guys remember if all the rumours before iPhone 6 were all true?
    calidoozydozen
  • Reply 10 of 79
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I'm surprised they are still going with the camera bump. I suppose they feel everyone uses a case. I wonder what the statistics on case usage?

Ultimate reason I haven't purchased an iPad Pro 9.7 :neutral: 
    jackansi
  • Reply 11 of 79
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Still say it won't be called iPhone 7.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 12 of 79
    You would think this genius would take pictures of all aspects of the case, since he seemed to have access to a pre-production part seemingly outside.  What's the bottom look like?
    radarthekatcalidoozydozen
  • Reply 13 of 79
    It looks like the camera may actually be sunk into the case--not protruding--such that the lens would actually be flush with the back of the phone, despite the component having significant height. Or maybe that's just a shadow.
  • Reply 14 of 79
    ApplemosApplemos Posts: 15member
    My god, this is even uglier than the already ugly iPhone 6. I wish they could go back to the flat camera design, like they had in the iPhone 5 and SE.
  • Reply 15 of 79
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ireland said:
    How could you possibly take your mind off the important issues here, the antenna lines and the camera bump?
    pscooter63doozydozenroundaboutnow
  • Reply 16 of 79
    chazbcnchazbcn Posts: 26member
    It looks good to me. Much more sleek than the 6/6s without the bands across the back. It's not a radical redesign, it rather looks like an evolution of the previous models, but at the same time it's different enough to stand as the new model. My guess is Apple will also tweak the color line to make it look even more different.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 17 of 79
    flaneur said:
    ireland said:
    How could you possibly take your mind off the important issues here, the antenna lines and the camera bump?
    If this was a leak from Samsung or some other Android OEM no doubt people here would be calling it fugly. But since it's coming from Apple these things are no longer important?
    anantksundaramsingularitylord amhran
  • Reply 18 of 79
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    I'd rather see the lines than have them try to match the plastic with the metal. It could get close, but it would never look exact. It would be one of those things that looked good in product photos and kind of cheap in real life.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 19 of 79
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    flaneur said:
    If this was a leak from Samsung or some other Android OEM no doubt people here would be calling it fugly. But since it's coming from Apple these things are no longer important?
    What you all are missing here is the 3D and tactile experience, assuming that this is a real leak, which seems doubtful to me because of the aspect ratio of the part.

But still the first reaction is to complain, right? It's obilgatory, apparently. Some call it whining. I call it a perception error.

You guys fool yourselves every time by getting worked up over a lousy 2D photograph with no tactile cues. Then when the real phone comes out, the complaints mysteriously disappear as the real object with its crypto-erotic power overwhelms your left-brain nitpicking.
    edited July 2016 nolamacguypscooter63calidoozydozenmessagepad2100fastasleeproundaboutnow
  • Reply 20 of 79
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 754member
    flaneur said:
    This guy again.  The internet is a big place...go troll somewhere else.
    nolamacguybb-15doozydozenmessagepad2100fastasleeproundaboutnow