Alleged 'iPhone 7' leak offers crystal clear look at larger single-lens camera, tweaked antenna lin

Comments

• Reply 21 of 79
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 752member
    You would think this genius would take pictures of all aspects of the case, since he seemed to have access to a pre-production part seemingly outside.  What's the bottom look like?
    Or maybe, just maybe, this is a fake and all other aspects would reveal that it's a fake?
  • Reply 22 of 79
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 752member
    emig647 said:
    I'm surprised they are still going with the camera bump. I suppose they feel everyone uses a case. I wonder what the statistics on case usage?

Ultimate reason I haven't purchased an iPad Pro 9.7 :neutral: 

Or the reality is that most of the hundreds of millions of iPhone users don't give two shits about camera bumps or antenna lines.  And that the opinions of blog geeks about such things is really a minority opinion that doesn't move the needle, in the grand scheme of things.  Just saying.
    brucemciqatedonolamacguypscooter63bb-15doozydozenRayz2016patchythepirate
  • Reply 23 of 79
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    I just miss the days that I got to extend my telescoping antenna. Other than that there is a new iPhone coming out. Yawn.
  • Reply 24 of 79
    jurassicjurassic Posts: 94member
    Looks good.
    Another fake. Adjusting the levels, the image is overly pixellated around details like the camera and Apple logo, indicating that there was cut & paste. The other clue is that there is no printing ("iPhone", "Designed by Apple...", model number, etc.) on the case, which should be there when the case is anodized.
  • Reply 25 of 79
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    chazbcn said:
    It looks good to me. Much more sleek than the 6/6s without the bands across the back. It's not a radical redesign, it rather looks like an evolution of the previous models, but at the same time it's different enough to stand as the new model. My guess is Apple will also tweak the color line to make it look even more different.
    I have a few iPhone 3's, or 3s' lying around in a drawer. Yesterday I took them out and just handled one for the hell of it and I have to say that the 3's shape is by far the best shape in the hand. It was great in the pocket and great in the hand. Easy to handle and to flip and turn without losing grip and I remember it sat nicely in the back pocket. I am not sure if it is possible to achieve a similarly handleable device that is thinner, larger and lighter.
    nolamacguydoozydozen
  • Reply 26 of 79
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member
    lem0nayde said:
    It looks like the camera may actually be sunk into the case--not protruding--such that the lens would actually be flush with the back of the phone, despite the component having significant height. Or maybe that's just a shadow.
    There does seem to be a persistent shadow everywhere, hinting at a recess around the window. I see no reason for it in a daylight shot if the frame is uniformly raised.
  • Reply 27 of 79
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Applemos said:
    My god, this is even uglier than the already ugly iPhone 6. I wish they could go back to the flat camera design, like they had in the iPhone 5 and SE.
    not me. I prefer the better camera -- my photos matter more to me than some silly ring on my phone's case. 
    banchobb-15doozydozenigorskyroundaboutnowpatchythepirate
  • Reply 28 of 79
    roakeroake Posts: 809member

adrayven said:
    Lines still look ugly as hell... in-fact, this looks worse IMO.
    How can they possibly look worse than what we have now?
    Isn't it amazing what first-world problems we have?
    nolamacguypscooter63doozydozenigorskyRayz2016
  • Reply 29 of 79
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    paxman said:
    chazbcn said:
    It looks good to me. Much more sleek than the 6/6s without the bands across the back. It's not a radical redesign, it rather looks like an evolution of the previous models, but at the same time it's different enough to stand as the new model. My guess is Apple will also tweak the color line to make it look even more different.
    I have a few iPhone 3's, or 3s' lying around in a drawer. Yesterday I took them out and just handled one for the hell of it and I have to say that the 3's shape is by far the best shape in the hand. It was great in the pocket and great in the hand. Easy to handle and to flip and turn without losing grip and I remember it sat nicely in the back pocket. I am not sure if it is possible to achieve a similarly handleable device that is thinner, larger and lighter.
    the 3G and 3GS were my favorite iPhone case designs. it was super comfortable in the hand and perfectly palmable. 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 30 of 79
    MintzMintz Posts: 18member
    I love my iPhone - but these white lines are really indeed ugly... they look like caulking
  • Reply 31 of 79
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Mintz said:
    I love my iPhone - but these white lines are really indeed ugly... they look like caulking
    I guess that means you're switching to Android? Didn't think so.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 32 of 79
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    igorsky said:
    If this was a leak from Samsung or some other Android OEM no doubt people here would be calling it fugly. But since it's coming from Apple these things are no longer important?
    This guy again.  The internet is a big place...go troll somewhere else.
    So if one doesn't love everything Apple does they're a troll? Do you love this design? Be honest. I loved the 5 design even though a lot hated it. To me the 6 was a step backwards. Almost like Apple had to add these thick fugly antenna lines so they wouldn't be accused of copying HTC.
    lord amhrandoozydozen
  • Reply 33 of 79
    MintzMintz Posts: 18member
    ireland said:
    Mintz said:
    Some people are truly incorrigible...
    Commenting on aesthetics or anything related to Apple device means one should switch to Android... WOW - really...

I'm big fan of iPhone and iOS and from time-to-time I do see where Apple should/could make improvements...
    Having said that - I agree with some other comments - that most of the time, the phone is in some case - and these things don't matter much....
    But in general, from what we come to expect of Apple - beautiful designs and perfection, this is one thing I just don't think will pass the universal test of beauty...

edited July 2016
  • Reply 34 of 79
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    ireland said:
    Mintz said:
    So that means we can't have an opinion on the design? I guarantee you if this (or the 6/6S) design came from an Android OEM people here would be calling those antenna lines and the protruding camera ugly. Apple doesn't get a pass just because it's Apple. And the expectation for next years phone are so sky high I don't think there's any way Apple can meet them.
  • Reply 35 of 79
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Mintz said:
    No they don't. They look like ivory inlay. 

That's how they will feel as well. You guys need to start seeing with your fingers. 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 36 of 79
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    flaneur said:
    How could you possibly take your mind off the important issues here, the antenna lines and the camera bump?
    If this was a leak from Samsung or some other Android OEM no doubt people here would be calling it fugly. But since it's coming from Apple these things are no longer important?
    What page are you reading? People are calling it ugly.
  • Reply 37 of 79
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

igorsky said:
    This guy again.  The internet is a big place...go troll somewhere else.

You'd be surprised. He's pretty much everywhere.
    igorskydoozydozennolamacguyfastasleepbrucemc
  • Reply 38 of 79
    cpenzonecpenzone Posts: 114member
    Am I the only one that thinks this looks fake?  Why would the ground beneath the image be reflected in the camera lens and off the apple logo?
  • Reply 39 of 79
    cpenzonecpenzone Posts: 114member
    igorsky said:
    You would think this genius would take pictures of all aspects of the case, since he seemed to have access to a pre-production part seemingly outside.  What's the bottom look like?
    Or maybe, just maybe, this is a fake and all other aspects would reveal that it's a fake?
    Just posted this but I think it looks fake. There is a reflection of what appears to be the ground below the iPhone in the camera lens and in the Apple logo... that doesn't make any sense.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 40 of 79
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    adrayven said:
    Lines still look ugly as hell... in-fact, this looks worse IMO.
    Who cares, it will go into a 99 cent case that will cost you $20
    doozydozen