Leaked 'iPhone 7' dummy units show device in same colors as Apple's iPhone 6s

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2016
A newly-published image of alleged dummy "iPhone 7" models for accessory manufacturers suggests that Apple will ship the device in the same colors as the iPhone 6s, despite recent reports of new or altered color options.

The dummies generally match previous leaks for the device, according to Italian site Macitynet. This includes antenna bands located near the top and the bottom, and a large, bulging opening for the camera.

In fact a slight difference from some other leaks is that the camera bulge appears to come from an extrusion of the case material, rather than a separate metal ring, as on the iPhone 6 and 6s. This creates a more seamless design.

One recent rumor claimed that Apple might introduce a "Deep Blue" color option, supposedly replacing the "Space Gray" available since the iPhone 5s. This was later corrected to suggest that Space Gray would stick around, but in a much darker shade, closer to something like the iPhone 5.

A questionable aspect of the Macitynet leak is that the source of the image claims Apple could indeed release three versions of the iPhone 7, including Plus and "Pro" models. While some other reports have mentioned the possibility of a Pro, it's commonly expected that Apple will only release two models -- a standard and a Plus -- when the iPhone 7 arrives this fall, most likely in September.
ai46

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    So the score card reads: deep blue and no space grey or space black replacing space grey or no changes. Got it. 
  • Reply 2 of 14
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    Does Apple actually ship dummy units to manufacturers with this kind of completion/color accuracy? First I'm hearing it. I was under the impression that they got a less than that.

Also, there is no separate "Pro" iPhone. The Plus iPhone = the Pro. It is already $100 more expensive. They are continuing the already pre-existing trend of legitimizing the extra cost with unique features. And that's fine. That may even include the rumored 5th color option, being unique to iPhone Plus.

A very slick move to increase average selling price this year, when it matters most for the balance sheet. I'm sure the usual people will complain about Apple "withholding" features from a device that is both small and cheaper.

I won't. I'll just buy it. And like it.
    jbishop1039nolamacguydoozydozenDeelron
  • Reply 3 of 14
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    Is it as sexy as a nver before seen all glass design? No. But does look to be a nice refinement of a proven design. Super fast processor, true tone screen, enhanced camera, storage and battery life - sign me up, and it when the ext one comes out.
    TurboPGTdoozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 14
    i think this is fake..worst design ever.iphone 6 design is better than this crap.removing plastic bands is not a design change.look at the deferens between iphone 4,5&6 ..big change,innovative and fresh.i wish apple will continue that cycle.i think they will exite us with fresh design and other improvements. If not apple will be beaten by others.iphone sale are falling like never before.so they must introduce some attractive selling points including fresh design. 2 months to go,lets wait and see how they exite us in September
  • Reply 5 of 14
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    Pro....that's a plus.    I love play on words lol 
  • Reply 6 of 14
    aderutteraderutter Posts: 604member
    I don't expect iPhone sales to increase this year if the phone looks no different and they ditch the headphone jack. My 6+ still rocks and the battery never runs out (same as my Watch : I charge both every night). I guess I might be waiting another year for a new iPhone. But if they release a 12.9 inch iPad Pro with TrueTone and WCG then I might change stance and get new iPhones too.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 7 of 14
    I can't believe I'm still reading about "deep blue". It was the flash from the fu**ing camera that made it blue and it's news.
    ai46doozydozen
  • Reply 8 of 14
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Why is it that anyone who has juicy pre-release access cannot shoot a decent photo?
    1983doozydozen
  • Reply 9 of 14
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Nothing is certain until the actual release.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 10 of 14
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    jonny111 said:
    i think this is fake..worst design ever.iphone 6 design is better than this crap.removing plastic bands is not a design change.look at the deferens between iphone 4,5&6 ..big change,innovative and fresh.i wish apple will continue that cycle.i think they will exite us with fresh design and other improvements. If not apple will be beaten by others.iphone sale are falling like never before.so they must introduce some attractive selling points including fresh design. 2 months to go,lets wait and see how they exite us in September
    welcome to the kill-list...PLONK!
    edited July 2016 ai46doozydozen
  • Reply 11 of 14
    GymkhanaGymkhana Posts: 45member
    The iPhone 7 will be little different from the 6 series, apart from the base 32gb memory, perhaps a different processor.  So we'll all wait breathlessly for the big announcement from Apple, and we'll salivate over every random rumor that grasps for those desperate few baited clicks on their miserable self-serving web pages.  If you have a 6 series phone, just keep moving along, nothing to see this year in the 7 series.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    volcan said:
    Why is it that anyone who has juicy pre-release access cannot shoot a decent photo?

Because if they shot a decent video, you might notice the obvious indications that the whole thing is a fake. Why do you think photographs of Nessie or Bigfoot are taken from so far away? So it's harder to see whether it's a model or a man in a costume.

• Reply 13 of 14
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    levi said:
    Is it as sexy as a nver before seen all glass design? No. But does look to be a nice refinement of a proven design. Super fast processor, true tone screen, enhanced camera, storage and battery life - sign me up, and it when the ext one comes out.
    Precisely: innards and screen. Looking at the BACK of the phone? Then you truly ARE "holding it wrong"