Leaked video highlights alleged differences between 'iPhone 7' and iPhone 6s

Posted:
in iPhone
A new video from China allegedly shows a semi-functional functional "iPhone 7" with the same features and design as previous photo and video leaks, offering another glimpse of what Apple's next iPhone is expected to look like.

The new video from Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo doesn't show anything previously unrevealed about the forthcoming "iPhone 7," but it does offer a hands-on look at some of the anticipated changes, including moved antenna bands and a larger camera lens. In the video, a Chinese narrator compares the alleged "iPhone 7" to Apple's iPhone 6s.

Near the end of the video, the host peels an irregular clear plastic film off the screen, which is not the screen protector found in the retail phone box. The host does hit the home button once after the film removal, but as the phone appears to be already on the home screen, the phone does not react. At no point is the screen touched by the user.

Another video published last week, also allegedly of the "iPhone 7," showed speaker holes not in alignment with each other, suggesting a case manufacturer's "blank," mockup, or fake.

The alignment of the speaker holes in the newest video, however, is much more precise. The headphone jack in the most recent video is absent, the same as prior leaks.

The resolution of the video is the maximum allowed for Chinese social media at 320 by 240 pixels. As an effect of the low resolution, when the phone's orientation is altered the iOS wallpaper parallax effect is not noticeable, if it exists at all.

Apple is expected to ship a pair of "iPhone 7" models this fall, most likely after a September reveal. This weekend's video, like last week's, does not show the anticipated 5.5.-inch "iPhone 7 Plus."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    So still the fragile mechanical homebutton? And no all-glass front.
    Or did they for the sake of this video put the 6s internals and front in the new case?

Anyhow the iPhone 7 looks like a correction ( and not an upgrade) to the 6s.
    6Sgoldfishjackansi
  • Reply 2 of 13
    stanthemanstantheman Posts: 332member
    The guy in the video is wearing an Apple Watch, and also owns an iPhone. Does that add to the credibility of the video? Maybe.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    for those of you don't comprehend Chinese, here are a few tidbits from the narrator in the video that were not emphasized in the article: 

"This is a handset model of the new iphone 7... the model is handmade... it has high resemblance to the real iPhone outer shell."  In other words, what he is showing is not the real thing, but a mockup that was handmade by presumably, some case manufacturers, for the advance production of  iPhone protective cases. 

Also he narrator mentioned that he has heard that " case manufacturers have paid more than 100,000 Yuan ( $1500 in US dollar, to the foxconn workers I suppose) for two original iPhone 7 shells". 
    williamlondonnolamacguychazbcnTurboPGTddawson100Deelrondoozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 13
    forgot to mention that the narrator also said  that all leaks were originated from Shenzhen, where the foxconn factories are located in China. No surprise there. 
    williamlondonnolamacguyddawson100doozydozen
  • Reply 5 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The armchair-designers take the cake. They literally have no clue what they are talking about. The new design is an obvious progression externally and will be improved internally. Looking forward to how better the camera is. Sticking with four inch phone however. Prefer smaller.
    edited July 2016 doozydozenigorsky
  • Reply 6 of 13
    ppietrappietra Posts: 288member
    99,9% sure it is fake!
    The screen at first seems so bright and yet there isn’t any light reflected by the hand when it partially covers the screen. Also shadows seem to dim the screen, something not expected.
    It is also very dubious that someone would already have an iPhone 7 with iOS, since iOS 10 isn’t finished yet and factory devices use the SwitchBoard version of iOS which doesn’t look like that
  • Reply 7 of 13
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Will be a good year to skip. My 6S camera is good enough for what I use it for and I'll still have a headphone jack. 

I'm seeing rumors now that there will be a 7, 7 Plus and 7 Pro. How confusing (and no the 4.7" iPhone isn't equivalent to the iPad mini). What's the point of a Pro device other than the SE is bringing down ASP/margins and Schiller wants to see how many people he can upsell another $100.
    edited July 2016 6Sgoldfishjackansi
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ppietra said:
    99,9% sure it is fake!
    The screen at first seems so bright and yet there isn’t any light reflected by the hand when it partially covers the screen. Also shadows seem to dim the screen, something not expected.
    It is also very dubious that someone would already have an iPhone 7 with iOS, since iOS 10 isn’t finished yet and factory devices use the SwitchBoard version of iOS which doesn’t look like that
    In the video, the narrator also said that it is a iphone 7 shell assembled with the rest of parts from iphone 6S.... 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Will be a good year to skip. My 6S camera is good enough for what I use it for and I'll still have a headphone jack. 

I'm seeing rumors now that there will be a 7, 7 Plus and 7 Pro. How confusing (and no the 4.7" iPhone isn't equivalent to the iPad mini). What's the point of a Pro device other than the SE is bringing down ASP/margins and Schiller wants to see how many people he can upsell another $100.
    You said its a rumour, and then babble on like it's set in stone. Calm down. 
    nolamacguydoozydozenigorskypatchythepirate
  • Reply 10 of 13
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
    Note that the physical "silence / ringer" switch is still present.  A previous rumor said that this switch was being removed.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 11 of 13
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member

there he goes with his Schiller-obsession. look man - added features that cost added money is not an evil "up sell". it's just paying more to get more. we do this everywhere in life, not sure where you got it into your head that Schiller personally invented this concept, or is even responsible for the things you say. you have no idea. 
    doozydozenigorskypatchythepirate
  • Reply 12 of 13
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    Great evolutionary design. Love when Apple keeps simplifying and refining the industrial design of a product over multiple iterations. This kind of principled thinking is hands-down the best design philosophy. Automotive greats like Porsche, with their iconic 911, have displayed great discipline over decades fine tuning a design, elevating the product to the level of masterpiece. You all don't think Apple should have adopted a similar philosophy with its products? Looks like they have with their MacBook Pro line. Other companies like Braun have employed principled philosophy for design to great affect. Study up on Dieter Rams' highly celebrated 10 Principles of Good Design. Clearly, tech in consumer electronics evolves quickly, thus the design of the iPhone does too. Tho consistency over a few generations is certainly not a lack of artful industrial design.

If your opinions are revolutionary, please feel free to include some illustrations of what a metal rectangle with a glass screen ought to look like with all relevant tech considered. It would make for positive and spirited debate. This alleged next gen iPhone is an objectively good piece of industrial design. Compromises are inherent in ALL good design.
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 13 of 13
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I'm going to do something different: I'm going to wait until Apple's September iPhone announcement and see what actually will (and won't) be in the iPhone 7 models. Only then will I decide to either upgrade or keep my 6s.