Second public betas of iOS 10, macOS Sierra now available

Posted:
in iPhone
Members of Apple's Beta Software Program can now download and try the second public beta releases of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, which were seeded on Wednesday.

The new betas carry the same build numbers as Monday's developer betas, with iOS 10 listed as 14A5309d, and Sierra sporting build 16A254g.

Scheduled for a fall release, iOS 10 includes major notification improvements, third-party app support in Siri, and many updates to native apps. A list of fixes and changes in the new beta was not immediately available.

The new Sierra build includes changes to Apple Pay, Back to My Mac, CoreImage libraries, Installer routines, Mail, Safari, and Siri.

Device-wise, iOS 10 requires at least an iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, or sixth-generation iPod touch. macOS Sierra is compatible with a wide range of Macs, some dating back to 2009.

Apple's tvOS and watchOS are not included in the public beta program.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    In the last and this public beta I noticed if you have calculator open the want to hide it clicking the yellow circle at the top it doesn't come back also I noticed in Safari and Foxfire if you have 2 separate windows open the click to hide both then when you click back on the app only 1 window comes back. Does this happen with anyone else.
    Thanks for any help
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Posts: 966member
    I have the last beta running on an iPad Mini Retina and it is an absolute dog. I suspect that it's just due to some kind of debug mode or logging deliberately left running, but anyway obviously yes, you really really do not want to run this on any device you rely on.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Phew...
    That first release has been a very bumpy ride.... Mail.app has been a dog
  • Reply 4 of 9
    mylesgmylesg Posts: 5member
    Hopefully there is a lot under the hood to make this a full new release. Frankly if someone would have upgraded my MPB from the latest El Capitan to Sierra PB2, I am not sure I would have noticed (other than the Siri icon).
    6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 5 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    mwhite said:
    In the last and this public beta I noticed if you have calculator open the want to hide it clicking the yellow circle at the top it doesn't come back also I noticed in Safari and Foxfire if you have 2 separate windows open the click to hide both then when you click back on the app only 1 window comes back. Does this happen with anyone else.
    Thanks for any help
    Did you REPORT IT TO APPLE like beta testers are supposed to do?
    fastasleep
  • Reply 6 of 9
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    lkrupp said:
    mwhite said:
    Thanks for any help

Yes on Beta 1 and this morning on Beta 2.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    xixoxixo Posts: 450member
    lkrupp said:
    mwhite said:
    Thanks for any help
    looks like CAPS LOCK is sticking in that beta as well.
    SpamSandwichfastasleepJanNL
  • Reply 8 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    xixo said:
    lkrupp said:
    looks like CAPS LOCK is sticking in that beta as well.
    lol
  • Reply 9 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    It's a sign of the times how many discuss iOS rather than macOS these days in such threads.  

BTW OS X 10.12 seems very solid indeed  (I am saying this for the three of us still using Macs).  I am on the Developer beta 3 and have yet to find an issue.  Although I'd love to know if RAID is fully multi threaded.  No one on the developer forums has answered me yet.  Anyone here read that anywhere?  It was SoftRAID's claim to fame while Apple's was single threaded.  I saw a speed gain with my 12 cores in RAID 0 when 10.11 dropped RAID and I was forced to SoftRAID which I can only assume was due to multi-threading.  I'd go back to Apple if it is I think.
    edited July 2016