Chinese protesters smashing Apple iPhones over UN tribunal South China Sea decision

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    newtonrjnewtonrj Posts: 25member
    Hey, did anyone look at that still picture.  That's not an iPhone 4 he's holding.  That 30-pin is way too long.  Those speaker ports look a lot like mini-USB ports.  It's a grey market copy of an iPhone. 

-RJ
    netmagedsd
  • Reply 42 of 66
    pbrstreetgpbrstreetg Posts: 184member
    I hope, and imagine they are, slowly moving to set up assembly outside of totalitarian PRC.
    Wasn't there some rumor about opening a Foxcon facility in India?
    I hope so, ideally I'd like to see production brought back the the US, but I din't see that happening and Apple having fat margins on iPhones.
  • Reply 43 of 66
    Does this mean that the Chinese would stop using cell phones completely? If we consider that all Android phones are associated with Google and the rest are very small Microsoft phones. Either way the Chinese have just spit in their face, because USA is all around them :-)
  • Reply 44 of 66
    So they make em they break em, big deal. Maybe Apple will get smart and pull their factories out of China. A little economic boycott'll help em decide what they really want.
  • Reply 45 of 66
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    If only they knew that some americans feel the same aboit the un... If they were actually 'patriotic', they'd have bought xiaomi, not an iphone, right? This is more a demonstration of affluence and is a veiled threat than an anti-us/un statement.
  • Reply 46 of 66
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    igorsky said:
    I'm going to throw hundreds of dollars down the drain to support my communist government's nonsensical claim over all of the South China Sea!
    They're probably trashing traded in Apple iPhone4&4s.
  • Reply 47 of 66
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    I hope, and imagine they are, slowly moving to set up assembly outside of totalitarian PRC.
    Wasn't there some rumor about opening a Foxcon facility in India?
    I thought it was an automated Foxcon assembly factory in the USA.
  • Reply 48 of 66
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    If China allows large scale attacks on US businesses operating in China, they'll soon find themselves without those highly desirable American dollars helping to employ their massive, restive population. Let's see what Trump does. I can imagine things could go either way: the PRC declaring war on American businesses, or their police and military stepping in to quell those endangering their economy with ultra-nationalism.
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 49 of 66
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    I couldn't care any less about what hissy fits China is having.  That country steals everyone's IP, doesn't give a rat's ass about their environment, and are brazenly violate the WTO.  

I find it hard to believe that the average Chinese citizen thinks what their government is doing with the islands in the south China sea is legal.  This is just showboating.

Boot China out of the WTO NOW!
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 50 of 66
    I assume that any "protest" that's not censored by the Chinese government is in fact sponsored by them.
    Am I wrong?
    edited July 2016 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 51 of 66
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    It's stupid on so many levels. They bought them so Apple has the money. They broke them so they lost working phones which cost a lot. They complain about a decision that was taken in Europe. Even if it had been taken in the US, it's an international entity. China is obviously wrong on the issue (a simple look on a map shows it). China has gained a lot of money making those devices.
  • Reply 52 of 66
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    igorsky said:
    I'm going to throw hundreds of dollars down the drain to support my communist government's nonsensical claim over all of the South China Sea!
    China isn't communist.
  • Reply 53 of 66
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    I remember when they trashed Japanese restaurants in yet another protest against the Japanese. Funny thing was nearly all of these restaurants were owned by locals. There was footage of one Camry driver (again, local Chinese) who was dragged out of their car and the car totalled by the mob as well, iirc. 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 54 of 66
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Do those retards know that they have basically waisted [sic] money?
    Xiamo feels their money has been well spent in this effort. Those are cheap knock-offs anyway.
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 55 of 66
    Are they destroying iPhone 4/4s units?  (Top picture.)

Regardless, my bet is that these people are being orchestrated by their political leaders. 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 56 of 66
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    And the Republican National Convention delegates used the word China over twenty times.  Every time they criticized China. 
  • Reply 57 of 66
    All that fake iPhone anyway... "Made in China" LOL
  • Reply 58 of 66
    boriscletoboriscleto Posts: 159member
    We must retaliate! Burn down every Panda Express and PF Chang's...
  • Reply 59 of 66
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    We must retaliate! Burn down every Panda Express and PF Chang's...
    Don't forget to toss those Lenovo laptops on the bonfire!  /s
  • Reply 60 of 66
    BittySonBittySon Posts: 73member
    That's pretty smart.