Apple's limited edition Olympic Apple Watch straps feature national flag motifs, only available in

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    What must life be like for those who see the world in only in the negative? To get up in the morning and think, "It’s all crap, there’s nothing good. I think I’ll login to AppleInsider and spew my negative attitude for all to read.”

pacificfilmbrucemcai46nolamacguyration almac fan
  • Reply 22 of 30
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    No Russia strap....
    Didn't Russia decide not to go because of the health risk?
    You’re kidding, right?
    ai46
  • Reply 23 of 30
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    macxpress said:
    Yes, all of the hardware engineers are sitting there designing Apple Watch Bands. Jesus christ you'll get your god damn MacBook Pro update soon.
    Why so angry? Mac Pro and Mac Mini are way out of date and rMBP isn't exactly current either. Not surprising people are wondering where the updates are. 
    The thread isn't about Macs, people get annoyed when other people try to change the conversation from what the thread is about to something else.

Apple can't release new Macs until they have the GPUs (the following is close to double the current model with 4GB video memory):

http://videocardz.com/amd/radeon-m400/radeon-rx-480m
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-480M.164291.0.html

NVidia mobile GPUs aren't out yet either:
    http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Report-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070M-and-1060M-Specs-Leaked

The release date says Q3 so any time between July-September. If Apple plans on an iPad update then Macs could be held back until October or maybe they can show off new iPhones/iPads/Macs in September.

Updates are getting further apart and there's only been minor updates to the 12" Macbook, iPhone and iPad in the last year but those are Apple's most popular products and the Mac's component release schedules aren't controlled by Apple to the extent they are in iOS products.

The Apple Watch components use a 28nm process whereas the iPhone uses 14-16nm. The next Watch update can get a much more improved CPU for better battery efficiency and that can let them slim the watch down. The design will allow them to slim down the watch while maintaining the same strap connector. People can buy new straps between watch updates and just sell the body when a new one comes out. A new watch model could come out at the end of the year or maybe early next year.

brucemcnolamacguyration al
  • Reply 24 of 30
    mjhnlmjhnl Posts: 27member
    lkrupp said:
    What must life be like for those who see the world in only in the negative? To get up in the morning and think, "It’s all crap, there’s nothing good. I think I’ll login to AppleInsider and spew my negative attitude for all to read.”

You're right. I'm about to hang myself on one of those newly introduced wristbands  :p
  • Reply 25 of 30
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Great. More watchbands. #smh 
    this isn't MacRumors. no one cares 
    patchythepiratemac fan
  • Reply 26 of 30
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member

macxpress said:
    Yes, all of the hardware engineers are sitting there designing Apple Watch Bands. Jesus christ you'll get your god damn MacBook Pro update soon.
    Why so angry? Mac Pro and Mac Mini are way out of date and rMBP isn't exactly current either. Not surprising people are wondering where the updates are. 
    which has jack to do with watch bands. 

we get it - you're entitled to new hardware and must whine about it on every thread despite it having nothing to do with that topic. 
    ration alpatchythepiratemac fan
  • Reply 27 of 30
    If anyone wants to buy me a Canadian one I'd pay double. Not quite worth a trip to rio though. 
  • Reply 28 of 30
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    If anyone wants to buy me a Canadian one I'd pay double. Not quite worth a trip to rio though. 
    I'm sure some enterprising people will descend on the store and buy every strap they possibly can and they will then go on sale on ebay for triple their original price an hour later.  Perhaps Apple will only sell these on presentation of a foreign passport and event ticket.  If they don't, there wont be any left for foreign visitors to buy.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Hey, can anyone with an Apple Watch tell me if you can send the animated watch faces as “emoji” in the Watch’s messaging system? Apple’s website doesn’t seem to say anything about it, but I have all of those files on my Mac for some reason…
  • Reply 30 of 30
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Not all of them actually represent the national flag though... Instead of Red-White-Blue, The Netherlands is represented with a plain orange band, which happens to be our nation's favourite color, but not our flag.... Which makes it even more cool to get my hands on one actually

The same for Australia and New Zealand. Those flags are also, like so many, a combination of red, white, and blue. They also include the Union Flag, so there would be confusion with the UK ones. So instead they have the sporting colours of the nations (Green and Gold for Australia, and Black and White for NZ), which makes more sense for the Olympics anyway.

Still, if only NZ had gone for the new flag design with the kiwi with laser-eyes, that would have been interesting to put on a watch band.