Rumor: Second-gen Apple Watch to feature new, thinner 'One Glass Solution' touchscreen

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    homiehomie Posts: 44member
    TurboPGT said:
    homie said:
    Battery  is fine for a day right now but if I could get a couple of days that would be better.
    I've yet to hear a compelling argument for why a product like iPhone or Apple Watch need to last longer than 1 day on their battery. You sleep at night. You don't use these products when you're sleeping. Be responsible, and put them on the charger. Ready to go when you wake up.

It's not that more better battery isn't always better, its just not necessary. It doesn't warrant expending development and engineering resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
    "Be responsible" and reread my post.  Especially the first 8 words.  

I'm not an idiot.  I put my watch on a charger.  But I frequently have one night travel trips and not bringing a charger would be nice.  Not necessary, as I said, but nice.  I would prefer some of the other 90% of my post that you did not quote.  The parts that dealt with where to spend development and engineering resources.  
  • Reply 22 of 30
    mac fanmac fan Posts: 87member
    cali said:

Are you kidding? Any device half the size with the SAME battery life is a huge leap in modern technology.  Not even iPhone has advanced this fast each generation. It took iPhone almost a decade to cut size in half with slightly better battery life.
    No, I'm not kidding.  And I don't care about advancements in battery tech, as I plainly stated. I want progress that benefits ME, the user, not the fashion designer.

I said nothing about half the size. Why are you mischaracterizing what I did say. Apple improves battery tech-bully. But don't use it as an excuse to give us the same run time as we're currently getting. It's just barely satisfactory for some and woefully short for others.

So I'm saying keep the size if it means more battery life, regardless of how it's obtained. 
  • Reply 23 of 30
    TurboPGT said:
    I've yet to hear a compelling argument for why a product like iPhone or Apple Watch need to last longer than 1 day on their battery. You sleep at night. You don't use these products when you're sleeping. Be responsible, and put them on the charger. Ready to go when you wake up.

It's not that more better battery isn't always better, its just not necessary. It doesn't warrant expending development and engineering resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
    Nobody needs... It's not necessary... Be responsible...  What an incredible load of crap. Your incredibly myopic self-centered opinion says much about your powers of observation of the world around you, that doesn't fit into your tiny little definition of life.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    steveausteveau Posts: 299member
    By April 2025 the iPhone will be inside the aWatch! GPS and LTE are obvious next steps. Whether or not they are the best next steps remains to be seen. Those logicians who wish to reply argumentum ad lapidem please feel free to do so.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    talexytalexy Posts: 80member
    TurboPGT said:
    homie said:
    Battery  is fine for a day right now but if I could get a couple of days that would be better.

I´d say they will need to improve on battery quite a bit for the Apple watch2, at least from my experience with watch OS3. 40% charge left in the evening sunk to 7%, and I'm almost never doing workouts. Of course this might get optimized until launch, but with the new features the watch definiteley will be used more and therefore will need more power. And this is the most obvious reason for me, that there will be a new generation coming out this fall.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    TurboPGT said:
    homie said:

Not having to do a mundane thing every day is always a compelling argument. 
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 27 of 30
    talexy said:
    I´d say they will need to improve on battery quite a bit for the Apple watch2, at least from my experience with watch OS3. 40% charge left in the evening sunk to 7%, and I'm almost never doing workouts. Of course this might get optimized until launch, but with the new features the watch definiteley will be used more and therefore will need more power. And this is the most obvious reason for me, that there will be a new generation coming out this fall.
    I don't think a beta OS is a good measure of battery life. I'm almost willing to bet that battery life is deliberately messed with so as not to reveal actual time before the GM. Partly marketing strategy, but maybe that's way off base. More is always better sure, but I'm betting that battery life in the GM will be noticeably better than in the wOS b3. I wonder how it is in b4. 

crowley said:
    Not having to do a mundane thing every day is always a compelling argument. 
    True dat!

steveau said:
    By April 2025 the iPhone will be inside the aWatch! GPS and LTE are obvious next steps. Whether or not they are the best next steps remains to be seen. Those logicians who wish to reply argumentum ad lapidem please feel free to do so.
    Huh. I always that was argumentum ad lapidary. But I can see why that might not be the case. LOL!
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Develop a band (strap) for Apple watch with a dime-size replaceable battery in the buckle (secured by a magnet), then embed a wire in the band to get power to the Watch.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I'm really starting to think that life is too short to pay attention to rumors.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Guess I am the only one that wanted a round watch face. Now I give up and will have to look to the dark side.