Kanye West wants Apple to buy Tidal, calls for executive meeting

Comments

• Reply 41 of 83
    I can't wait for this scum bag to disappear.
    mac fan
  • Reply 42 of 83
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,884member
    tundraboy said:
    He doesn't realize that if the CEOs of the music streaming companies hold a meeting to end the "dick swinging contest", that would be collusion which would get them all in very serious trouble with the DoJ.
    They could hold a meeting to discuss a merger/buyout offer.  
    Discuss a merger in a meeting of all the streaming company CEOs?  That would go down real well with the DoJ.
    mac fan
  • Reply 43 of 83
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,666member
    Lol. Tidal and the "owners" purposely tried to hurt Apple left and right. 

But they sucked at it. 

Now they hey are failing and want Apple to pay them!??

hahaha!!!!

mac fanlatifbpchia
  • Reply 44 of 83
    YvLyYvLy Posts: 89member
    Kanye f......g who?
    zeus423
  • Reply 45 of 83
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,312member
    e1618978 said:
    Apple bought the Beats headphone business for $3 billion and got the music streaming for free.   I wouldn't be surprised if they have earned half of the $3 billion back already just in headphone earnings.

Tidal would be worth significantly less, maybe zero.
    Billions?  Hell No !

JZ bought Tidal for $56 Million, so it's pocket change for Apple.
    Since Tidal now have a bunch of top artists and more users behind it, Apple could buy them out for a small premium.
    You would think that $56 million is reasonable money for many millionaires too but its also true that Tidal isn't making money, and sooner or later Tidal will fail and the artists will be back looking at exclusives on Apple Music or any of the rest of the streaming services. A business model based on "we're cool artists and musicians, give us your money" hasn't been successful.

More to the point, Kanye's tweets are red flags to the DOJ; he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, on the off chance that Apple really is interested in negotiations.
    mac fanchia
  • Reply 46 of 83
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,666member
    It's like they started tidal just to get Apple to buy it. 

"Hey it worked for Dre!"

all this his after they talk smack about Apple. And Apple just doesn't even acknowledge their existence. 

Now Kanye says Cook needs to meet to pay them? Lol. And squash the beef. What beef? 

All that needs to happen is for Kanye and tidal peeps just can publicly apologize. Then go away. No meeting. It was one sided. So that side can apologize for polluting the air and go away. Penniless...
    stompytmay
  • Reply 47 of 83
    Kanye is a moron
    …however, he's got Prince …
    which is a treasure too large to be locked up.
    mac fan
  • Reply 48 of 83
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    "Kanye, you're an idiot.

Love,
    Tim"
    mac fanzeus423
  • Reply 49 of 83
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    My favorite Kanye moment (caution, NSFW language):

edited July 2016 zeus423
  • Reply 50 of 83
    bwinskibwinski Posts: 164member
    Please.... Kanye's plea is to get him out of debt, get 'NEW' funding for the Kardasian crap show, and drag Apple into something they have no business poking their noses into.
  • Reply 51 of 83
    I think it's very funny to contrast Kanye West with Taylor Swift. When she thought that Apple shoukd do something (pay artists during trial periods) she made a cogent, rational argument to which Apple responded right away. Kanye West on the other hand is just flaming.

Time for Kanye to take a lesson from Taylor.
    xmhillxchia
  • Reply 52 of 83
    tmay said:
    Billions?  Hell No !

JZ bought Tidal for $56 Million, so it's pocket change for Apple.
    Since Tidal now have a bunch of top artists and more users behind it, Apple could buy them out for a small premium.
    You would think that $56 million is reasonable money for many millionaires too but its also true that Tidal isn't making money, and sooner or later Tidal will fail and the artists will be back looking at exclusives on Apple Music or any of the rest of the streaming services. A business model based on "we're cool artists and musicians, give us your money" hasn't been successful.

More to the point, Kanye's tweets are red flags to the DOJ; he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, on the off chance that Apple really is interested in negotiations.
    Well, I think discussions have already taken place but they disagree on the price. Tidal may not make much money but Apple loses when the BIG albums don't debut on iTunes/Apple Music. If Tidal were to merge with Google or Spotify, they could become a pain in Apple's butt for a long time.   Moreover, Tidal's owners are not exactly in the poor house.  Jay Z alone is worth over $600 Million. 

I bet Apple is being reasonable while Jay Z and friends are trying to make a killing on their investment. 
    I hope they work it out for the music industry's sake. 
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 53 of 83
    RezRez Posts: 19member
    Moron
  • Reply 54 of 83
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Dear Kan... whatever your name is,

Fuck You.

Tim Cook
    mac fanzeus423
  • Reply 55 of 83
    roockaroocka Posts: 25member
    Fact is Apple should buy Tidal.  They should pay $300,000,000 ($100/ user) but put a clause in the contract expressly forbidding Kanye West from ANY and ALL future posting to social media and a full and complete ban on ANY and ALL participation of any kind on future recordings or any media for the purposes of sending and receiving information. 

Breach of contract will allow Apple to reclaim the $300,000,000 + treble damages.  Also, Kanye must attempt to survive jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge without a parachute or safety harness.  If he survives, Apple will pay him a lump sum of $50,000,000 cash to be received as an annuity commencing on the 50th anniversary of his passing.
    edited August 2016 latifbp
  • Reply 56 of 83
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    cnocbui said:
    Give it up Kanye, you noisome specimen of humanity.  He's hoping he can BS Apple into doing a Beats kind of deal because he knows Apple have the deepest pockets on the planet and probably thinks that means they will be both generous and nonchalant about enriching him, which is why he didn't mention Spotify or Deezer.  I am anticipating significant schadenfreude at watching them reject him and the subsequent withering of Tidal and his investment.
    What does Kanye get out of it? Is he a major investor in Tidal?
  • Reply 57 of 83
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    gatorguy said:
    cnocbui said:
    Give it up Kanye, you noisome specimen of humanity.  He's hoping he can BS Apple into doing a Beats kind of deal because he knows Apple have the deepest pockets on the planet and probably thinks that means they will be both generous and nonchalant about enriching him, which is why he didn't mention Spotify or Deezer.  I am anticipating significant schadenfreude at watching them reject him and the subsequent withering of Tidal and his investment.
    Possibly, but I think his position is more pure of heart (at least in terms of those with narcissistic personality disorder), if not shortsighted. I think he wants not to have to choose where music gets disturbed.
    pscooter63
  • Reply 58 of 83
    gatorguy said:
    cnocbui said:
    He stands to make a lot of money. 
    Jay Z paid $56 Million for Tidal and Tidal is now worth $250 Million. 
    http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-z-music-streaming-site-tidal-valued-at-250-million-2015-4?r=UK&IR=T

• Reply 59 of 83
    mac fanmac fan Posts: 87member
    Buying Tidal could be a very good move for Apple, but I don't know that it's something they need to do. I'd say Tidal needs help for somebody, Apple included, but it's not the other way around.

Some of the money Kanye doesn't have is probably wrapped up in Tidal. I don't know if he's an investor. He may somehow be contractually obligated to releasing music (exclusives?) only through Tidal and that isn't going well. If that's the case I can see why he wants Apple to buy it.

There was/is a rumor that Apple was interesting in buying Tidal. The rumor to that rumor is that talks aren't going well. So that's Kanye's "yo, you ain't Steve" rap. 

Kanye's a spoiled, self-entitled, wannabe thug, and is trying to increase his celebrity by "brokering" the (rumored) deal between Apple and Tidal, just like he made Taylor Swift famous, and just like she made Apple "back down".

His lack of business acumen is obvious, as is his lack of diplomacy.

I need Tim Cook Jay Z Dez Jimmy Larry me and Drake Scooter on the phone or in a room this week!!!

If the "me" is Kanye... Ok, it just too laughable to even consider him being constructive. If there is a deal and if it does go through, I'm sure he'll take credit for getting it done.

The guy is a nut job, out of control. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan on any level, but I'd really like to see her pursue criminal and civil charges against Kim and Kanye.

And yeah, I'd like to see a photographer put him on the ground the second Kanye laid hands on him.
  • Reply 60 of 83
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    gatorguy said:
    He stands to make a lot of money. 
    Jay Z paid $56 Million for Tidal and Tidal is now worth $250 Million. 
    http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-z-music-streaming-site-tidal-valued-at-250-million-2015-4?r=UK&IR=T

I'm lost. What does this have to do with Kanye?