Apple CEO Tim Cook, VP Lisa Jackson to host Clinton fundraising event

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Well, it's not as bad as it would have been to support a philandering man and his plagiarizing wife.
    So… Bill and Hillary, then.
    Yep, you're right, being a woman in American politics the last 25 years is easy... DA!
    Having nothing to do with what he said.
    Why does Apple not consider the only true freedom focused team of Gary Johnson President & Bill Weld VP?! 
    Gary “gun buyback” Johnson doesn’t really exemplify American ideals. Never mind the concept of libertarianism itself.

• Reply 42 of 57
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ said:
    Look at all of these filthy rich liberals supporting that corrupt to the bone, establishment candidate, whose main accomplishment seems to be that she is a woman. Sad.

Don't let all your filthy rich liberal neighbors of yours hear you. 
  • Reply 43 of 57
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    mobird said:
    I don't think Steve would be a happy camper with Cook's behavior. Steve probably has rolled over a couple of times...
    Steve? Who's this Steve I keep hearing about, and to whom people keep attributing thoughts and feelings? 

Is is it even sane to assign attitudes to an imaginary version of a dead person five years after his death? 

Nope. 
    It probably is not sane, but given the examples of Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad, you are fighting a lost cause.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    apple ][ said:
    I have a simple question for any liberal who gave post #18 a thumbs down.

Have you seen the pictures of her tongue and that circle or hole that's there? Interesting stuff. And those non stop, chronic coughing fits? Interesting indeed.
    One day, if you work very hard at it, you may achieve the level of grace, charm and wit  Kanye West displays.
    singularityAni
  • Reply 45 of 57
    rfrmacrfrmac Posts: 90member
    macxpress said:

mobird said:
    I don't think Steve would be a happy camper with Cook's behavior. Steve probably has rolled over a couple of times...

Please don't start this Steve Jobs would have done this shit...nobody knows what Steve would have done or how he'd feel. Besides...who really gives a $hit what Steve would be thinking. He's gone...get over it! 
    Yes, but we certainly have a good idea what he did in the past.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 46 of 57

Tim Cook is the "Face" of Apple

Having a "fundraiser" for Hillary Clinton gives your APPROVAL and Apples APPROVAL of Hillary Clintons "Lies and Obstruction of Justice"

instead --How about having a "fundraiser" for the slain policeman !

Remember:  You don't have business without safety

Tim Cook you would be better served by staying out of politics

Your Stockholders should/will  remind you of this!

• Reply 47 of 57
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    AWFSATX48 said:

Tim Cook is the "Face" of Apple

Having a "fundraiser" for Hillary Clinton gives your APPROVAL and Apples APPROVAL of Hillary Clintons "Lies and Obstruction of Justice"

instead --How about having a "fundraiser" for the slain policeman !

Remember:  You don't have business without safety

Tim Cook you would be better served by staying out of politics

Your Stockholders should/will  remind you of this!

The paranoid right has created for itself a toxic anti-Clinton propaganda smog.

Meanwhile, Warren Buffet has now joined her campaign. I don't think you all realize that this is a national emergency —economic, humanitarian, geopolitical. Trump is comically a broken, narcissistic personality.

Tim Cook has no choice but to support Clinton. All responsible business people with an international focus will do the same. The more influential such people are, the more complicit they'd be in a disastrous Trump election if they were silent keading up to it.
    edited August 2016 cnocbui
  • Reply 48 of 57
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Well, it's not as bad as it would have been to support a philandering man and his plagiarizing wife.
    Gary “gun buyback” Johnson doesn’t really exemplify American ideals. Never mind the concept of libertarianism itself.

Gary really isn't the best example of what is Libertarianism, but then again what do these party affiliations even mean anymore in this election? Johnson knows little of the roots and philosophy of Libertarians, Hillary is more militant than George Bush, Obama is blithely willing to openly violate the Constitution to advance his political aims... What does any of it mean other than the pursuit of power and self-interest?
    tallest skil
  • Reply 49 of 57

Gary really isn't the best example of what is Libertarianism, but then again what do these party affiliations even mean anymore in this election? Johnson knows little of the roots and philosophy of Libertarians, Hillary is more militant than George Bush, Obama is blithely willing to openly violate the Constitution to advance his political aims... What does any of it mean other than the pursuit of power and self-interest?
    Agree, Michael Badnarik was probably one of the most true-to-libertarianism Presidential nominees, but I see nobody better than Johnson this cycle.  Trump does have _some_ good aspects, but he is far too unrefined in his beliefs to be a good choice.  When did anyone ever hear Trump talk about freedom, it's all about security, just like Klinton.  

http://www.constitutionpreservation.org
    tallest skil
  • Reply 50 of 57

If you want to know about Clinton corruption, watch this documentary, "Clinton Cash":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Tim Cook is just contributing to the selling out of We The People's hard earned tax money by supporting crooked Hillary and by default Bill.  

edited August 2016 tallest skil
  • Reply 51 of 57

If you want to know about Clinton corruption, watch this documentary, "Clinton Cash":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Tim Cook is just contributing to the selling out of We The People's hard earned tax money by supporting crooked Hillary and by default Bill.  

Here's one of many debunkings of that Cash trash:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/04/30/twenty-plus-errors-fabrications-and-distortions/203480
  • Reply 52 of 57

How can you let yourself be so led around by the nose like a trained pig by such obvious right-wing lying hysteria? And you claim to be a libertarian? Can you not think for yourself? That Cash trash has been so debunked:

Actually, now I think about it, I can see how you white guys have paralyzed your sense of common empathy by sucking in all that fear from Fox News, Breitbart and the like. You've become like ideological zombies.

• Reply 53 of 57
    flaneur said:
    mediamatters
    The self-admitted Hillary shills, you mean?
    Not to mention our role in specifically defending Hillary Clinton from the Republicans' unfair attacks on the subject
    Oh, and I won’t dare claim that this link is factual information right off the cuff, but that means I’d love to see it disproven if it’s actually false.

Something tells me it isn’t.
    flaneur said:
    …obvious right-wing lying hysteria? And you claim to be a libertarian? Can you not think for yourself? That Cash trash has been so debunked:
    If it’s false, that should be easily proven.
    Actually, now I think about it, I can see how you white guys…
    Fuck off, racist.
    …your sense of common empathy…
    Ooh, subtle. Though I’d actually bet you don’t mean what I think you mean.
    You've become like ideological zombies.
    Said the leftist.  :D
  • Reply 54 of 57
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    hudsonb said:
    Apple should stay out of politics... Supporting a crooked woman and her philandering husband is nauseating.
    It is wise to read the article first before commenting, no? Apple itself has no in-house political action committee, and generally remains neutral in politics.
  • Reply 55 of 57
    tallest skil said

<...>

Fuck off, racist.
    Methinks you should lay off the meth for awhile, go somewhere nice, learn to like people again.
  • Reply 56 of 57
    flaneur said:
    Methinks you should lay off the meth for awhile, go somewhere nice, learn to like people again.
    If non-whites get to scream it any time they’re brought up, so do we. Get used to your vaunted equality.
  • Reply 57 of 57
    flaneur said:
    If non-whites get to scream it any time they’re brought up, so do we. Get used to your vaunted equality.
    Sometimes I preface these scoldings with something like:

"As a white guy myself, I have to say that you white blockheads . . . " and so on. Perhaps I always should so preface them.

I wouldn't presume to make a general, blanket ethnic criticism outside my own family of conspecifics. Inside the family, it's just an argument. Outside the family, it can indeed be seen as racist. Two different situations.