Latest Apple diversity report claims US pay equity, modest changes in gender & race

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    Rayz2016 said:

A diversity policy does not say hire people because they're black and/or female.
    A diversity policy says make sure that you do not overlook the best people because they are black or female. 

You probably can't see it, but there's a big difference.
    In theory, you're correct.

In practice, that's not always what happens.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    stevehsteveh Posts: 480member
    apple ][ said:
    Somebody should make a movie where all white people on the planet gets wiped out by a mysterious disease hundreds of years ago, and white people just go extinct, they disappear. We would get to see what the planet would look like today without all of the contributions made to mankind by white people, including technology, medicine, political, human rights, and so on, and so on.

It wouldn't be a pretty picture, I can guarantee you that! And you sure as hell wouldn't be sitting here typing on your computer right now, if you lived in such a world. :#
    It'd be a world free of misery. Of non oppressed people. We wouldn't need medicine to cure us of the ills created by white people. No engineered food. 

No killing of indigenous people with smallpox, nor plying them with alcohol or opium to incapacitate them. 

Need I go on? That would be a great movie. 
    You missed closing your comment with the /sarc tag.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    steveh said:
    It'd be a world free of misery. Of non oppressed people. We wouldn't need medicine to cure us of the ills created by white people. No engineered food. 

No killing of indigenous people with smallpox, nor plying them with alcohol or opium to incapacitate them. 

You missed closing your comment with the /sarc tag.
    No I didn't 
    singularityronniosenthusiastcnocbuiroundaboutnow
  • Reply 24 of 64
    apple ][ said:
    Somebody should make a movie where all white people on the planet gets wiped out by a mysterious disease hundreds of years ago, and white people just go extinct, they disappear. We would get to see what the planet would look like today without all of the contributions made to mankind by white people, including technology, medicine, political, human rights, and so on, and so on.

It wouldn't be a pretty picture, I can guarantee you that! And you sure as hell wouldn't be sitting here typing on your computer right now, if you lived in such a world. :#

Yes, a world where people lived in mudhuts, scalping each other, engaging in tribal warfare, and generally not doing anything. This isn't because whites are superior, but because Western Civilization was created predominantly by whites.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 25 of 64

Yes, a world where people lived in mudhuts, scalping each other, engaging in tribal warfare, and generally not doing anything. This isn't because whites are superior, but because Western Civilization was created predominantly by whites.
    And what's wrong with living in mud huts? And whites definitely put an end to the scalpings, and tribal warfare by just eliminating those that practiced it. 
    singularityronncnocbui
  • Reply 26 of 64
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    uh oh. everyone hide before the almighty tallest shows up
    stourquesingularityiosenthusiastcnocbui
  • Reply 27 of 64
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    It's a real shame that we can't have a meritocratic society. That we have to punish people for their race, and apple has to publish a report about it. 

I've interviewed hundreds of people, mostly white men.  A woman or minority would have an advantage simply because they are different (and we value genuine diversity, not fake leftist "diversity" which requires strict conformance to their ideology).  

Unfortunately, my teams are mostly white male because those are who apply for the jobs.

The reasons they are the ones who apply for the jobs are because they are the ones who studied STEM in college.

Too many liberals getting degrees in feminist basket weaving and not enough women and minorities getting degrees in STEM areas.

I am in one of those groups that leftists want to protect. They claim that if I don't hire every person in that group that walks thru the door (so that I have "Enough" representation of them) that I am a bigot.

So I'm a bigot against myself? 

Chip on your shoulder much?  I am not sure you are a bigot but you sure make bigot sounds. And your anger seems misplaced and confused. Those damned leftist must be messing with your mind. 
    ronniosenthusiaststourqueroundaboutnow
  • Reply 28 of 64
    apple ][ said:

Awesome idea. You should write it and pitch it. Really deep grown up philosophical dystopian kinda shit. Wow!
    [faceplant]
    singularityiosenthusiaststourqueroundaboutnow
  • Reply 29 of 64
    Rayz2016 said:

It's a real shame that we can't have a meritocratic society. That we have to punish people for their race, and apple has to publish a report about it. 

I've interviewed hundreds of people, mostly white men.  A woman or minority would have an advantage simply because they are different (and we value genuine diversity, not fake leftist "diversity" which requires strict conformance to their ideology).  

Unfortunately, my teams are mostly white male because those are who apply for the jobs.

The reasons they are the ones who apply for the jobs are because they are the ones who studied STEM in college.

Too many liberals getting degrees in feminist basket weaving and not enough women and minorities getting degrees in STEM areas.

I am in one of those groups that leftists want to protect. They claim that if I don't hire every person in that group that walks thru the door (so that I have "Enough" representation of them) that I am a bigot.

So I'm a bigot against myself? 

That's not what they're claiming; that's how you've chosen to see it.

A diversity policy does not say hire people because they're black and/or female.
    A diversity policy says make sure that you do not overlook the best people because they are black or female. 

I wonder why so many people fail to understand this. It's pretty fucking basic. 
    singularityiosenthusiastdasanman69roundaboutnowanome
  • Reply 30 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    why- said:
    uh oh. everyone hide before the almighty tallest shows up
    Unless you have a specific point related to the thread you’d like to discuss, how about not invoking me when you need a strawman? You don’t give a fuck about truth.
  • Reply 31 of 64
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I just want Apple to continue to hire the best and the brightest. Period.
    tallest skilZRyser
  • Reply 32 of 64
    ZRyserZRyser Posts: 40member
    apple ][ said:

You need not. You've already proven beyond any doubt, that you are a racist. 

Trivia time
    Q: Does it still count for racism, if the object of hatred are whites?
    A: Yes, it does. 

Free of misery? Non oppressed people? Let me laugh real hard. Answer the following:

How are whites responsible for muslim Arabs in Egypt, Syria etc. systematically oppressing their coptic Christian countrymen?
    How are the whites responsible for ISIS in Syria murdering the Jazidi people ant turning their women to sex slaves?
    How are whites responsible for the Chinese government oppressing the Falun Gong, Tibetans and the nomads in the north (stealing their land and forcing them to move to cities)?
    How are the whites responsible for the fact n-th generation of Korean immigrants are still being treated poorly in civilised Japan?
    And I guess the whites are also responsible for the fact, that Khmer Rouge in Cambodia decimated one quarter of their own nation, right?
    The whites are also surely responsible for the atrocious horrors committed by the Japanese on Chinese and Koreans during WW2, right? 
    And I guess the whites are to blame for the Cultural Revolution in China and the milions of deaths it costed. 

The whites have caused an awful lot of oppression and suffering. But by far not all of it. Claiming the world would be oppression free without the whites is an utter lunacy. And racism. 
    tallest skil
  • Reply 33 of 64
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    A couple of years ago, my regular doctor wasn't available, so I went to a different clinic, and I ended up walking out with 2 different medicines, which I found out should not be taken together
    In modern healthcare, before you see your doctor you sit down with her assistant, LVN, RN who logs into your medical record, takes your blood pressure and temperature, asks you about your alcohol use, excercise and what medications you are taking. Later if your physician prescribes another medication it is immediately flagged if there is a conflicting interaction. Likewise at the pharmacy they have the same software so typically there are redundant layers of drug interaction protections. However if you are using the doctor at the medical marijuana dispensary for your general healthcare needs or a pharmacy without software then you should probably reconsider both of those practices.
    singularityiosenthusiaststourque
  • Reply 34 of 64
    ZRyserZRyser Posts: 40member
    bluefire1 said:
    I just want Apple to continue to hire the best and the brightest. Period.
    Exactly. And if 95% of them are e.g. Asian women (substitute any other gender-ethnicity combination), why should it matter?
    iosenthusiasttallest skil
  • Reply 35 of 64
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    paxman said:
    Rayz2016 said:

That's not what they're claiming; that's how you've chosen to see it.

Because its fucking nonsense. Wonder no more. It is not some happy go lucky hippy clusterfuck. It is literally tokenization, and giving jobs to unfit people. It amazes me how completely blind to reality some people can be.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    rfrmacrfrmac Posts: 89member
    Hire the best.  Don't care what race.  That is what equality truly is.  Anything else is discriminatory.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    ZRyser said:

You need not. You've already proven beyond any doubt, that you are a racist. 

Trivia time
    Q: Does it still count for racism, if the object of hatred are whites?
    A: Yes, it does. 

Free of misery? Non oppressed people? Let me laugh real hard. Answer the following:

How are whites responsible for muslim Arabs in Egypt, Syria etc. systematically oppressing their coptic Christian countrymen?
    How are the whites responsible for ISIS in Syria murdering the Jazidi people ant turning their women to sex slaves?
    How are whites responsible for the Chinese government oppressing the Falun Gong, Tibetans and the nomads in the north (stealing their land and forcing them to move to cities)?
    How are the whites responsible for the fact n-th generation of Korean immigrants are still being treated poorly in civilised Japan?
    And I guess the whites are also responsible for the fact, that Khmer Rouge in Cambodia decimated one quarter of their own nation, right?
    The whites are also surely responsible for the atrocious horrors committed by the Japanese on Chinese and Koreans during WW2, right? 
    And I guess the whites are to blame for the Cultural Revolution in China and the milions of deaths it costed. 

The whites have caused an awful lot of oppression and suffering. But by far not all of it. Claiming the world would be oppression free without the whites is an utter lunacy. And racism. 
    Racist and realist are 2 different things. Yes localized oppression would still exist, but nothing on the level whites committed and still do to this day. 

You bring up WW2, but that wouldn't have happened without white people. England is being crushed by immigrants, because they spent centuries conquering other countries, and now the roosters have come home. 
  • Reply 38 of 64
    TurboPGT said:
    paxman said:
    Because its fucking nonsense. Wonder no more. It is not some happy go lucky hippy clusterfuck. It is literally tokenization, and giving jobs to unfit people. It amazes me how completely blind to reality some people can be.
    What makes them unfit? Are people of color incapable of being just as qualified as a white person? 
    singularity
  • Reply 39 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    rfrmac said:
    Hire the best.  Don't care what race.  That is what equality truly is.  Anything else is discriminatory.
    Well, no. That’s what meritocracy truly is and what our country is supposed to be. But that hurts feelings, so we can’t have that!

dasanman69 said:
    Yes localized oppression would still exist, but nothing on the level whites committed and still do to this day. 
    Your job as “devil’s advocate” is really really stupid. I don’t think I’ve mentioned that before, but the subject has come up. Knock it the fuck off, because you’re just associating yourself with lies.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    rfrmac said:
    Well, no. That’s what meritocracy truly is and what our country is supposed to be. But that hurts feelings, so we can’t have that!

dasanman69 said: Your job as “devil’s advocate” is really really stupid. I don’t think I’ve mentioned that before, but the subject has come up. Knock it the fuck off, because you’re just associating yourself with lies.
    Can you not write a response without swearing? Is your vocabulary so limited that you believe swearing increases the importance of what you believe?
    SpamSandwich