iPhone sales volume drops, Apple's market share falls in growing India

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    This is UTTER BULLSHIT.

Go to the conference call transcripts to see these guys are LIARS.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3836826-apples-aapl-ceo-tim-cook-q1-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=4
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3968300-apple-aapl-timothy-donald-cook-q2-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=2
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3991811-apple-aapl-timothy-donald-cook-q3-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript

Tim Cook made these statements with the threat of JAIL TIME if they were false or misleading. 

Quarter ending Dec2015 (Q1) - Cook said iPhone sales in India were up 76% YoY
    Quarter ending Mar2016 (Q2) - Cook said iPhone sales in India were up 56% YoY
    For 3 Quarters ending June2016 (Q1-Q3) - Cook said iPhone sales in India were up 51% YoY

I find it IMPOSSIBLE that iPhone sales were down 35% looking at those numbers above.

This is just another example of how these companies like Stratgic Analytics spread total bullshit in order to please their customers (who are Apple competitors)

It just means more crap was sold in India verses Apple's uptick in numbers, so yes Apple's YoY number went up, however, all the other cheap crap went up faster so they could be down when they are in fact up. It is the Statistic Game and the fact everyone makes up numbers. My prediction is Apple numbers will never be close their numbers in US, EU or China. The large majority of Indians will never spend the money for an Iphone. It is just a cultural difference, if you talk to these folks and try to understand why they buy a low cost android phone they can not explain the purchase decision other than saying the value to price is best. The problem is they do not understand what Value is. Most equate Value to price, and lower price has higher value. They are still check list buys like US consumers were back in the 80's and 90's.
    It's nice to see that some people are reasonable here rather than hyperbolic complaining whenever something doesn't go Apple's way. 

Habi_tweet
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Cant wait what happens when Apple requests USPTO to remove the patent because it has copyrighted material! :D
  • Reply 23 of 27
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Oh great another article for some American's to tell the world how little they understand about other countries, cultures and how non-Americans live. The iPhone is aimed at a customer that has a good income and can justify buying the most advanced mobile phone on the market. Not everyone fits into this category including a vast amount of Americans. Commenters that think its fun to through insults at people they have never met or a nation that they have never visited should be ashamed of themselves.
    singularitycnocbui
  • Reply 24 of 27
    sreesree Posts: 152member
    After a failed bid to prove that it was selling state-of-the-art or cutting edge technologies

Wait, what? What kind of rathole third-world country is this? 
    Ah ... ah. My perfectly decent (by which I mean the language) response to your comment was deleted by appleinsider!! I guess that is SOMETHING!! Your disgusting statement is a new low for this site.
    singularity
  • Reply 25 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    sree said:

Ah ... ah. My perfectly decent (by which I mean the language) response to your comment was deleted by appleinsider!! I guess that is SOMETHING!! Your disgusting statement is a new low for this site.
    The slums in India are far, far worse than anything in America. One may take issue with the term "rat hole", but for large parts of India, it definitely applies.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 26 of 27
    sree said:

My guess is that there is some significant portion of the tech community, often very active in boards like these, whose jobs and livelihoods have been up-ended by Indian techies and by outsourcing. That, in turn, produces a level of angst and mean-spiritedness that I don't see directed against other cultures. Lots of examples here.

Let it go.
    edited August 2016