Siri joking with users in response to some Pokemon Go queries

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2016
Apple has updated the Siri response database with some light-hearted remarks for users asking about the wildly popular Pok?mon Go mobile game.

Most Pok?mon Go-related queries will result in Siri launching the game. However, users asking Siri "Do you like Pok?mon Go?" will be met with one of ten responses.

Responses given by Siri include:

• "Chance! Go!"
  • "Confining virtual beings inside powerful devices makes me feel funny for some reason."
  • "I like playing peekaboo with Pikachu."
  • "I like pocket monsters. Pocket assistants, too."
  • "I've been looking in the muck for Muk."
  • "Just make sure to look both ways. And up and down, too."
  • "Oh, is that why everyone keeps asking what color a Geodude is?"
  • "Of course. That's what it's all about. Oh, wait, that's the hok? Pok?mon."
  • "Pok?Stop!"
  • "Snorlax. Zzzz. Sorry, what was the question?"

Niantic's Pok?mon Go has accumulated over 100 million downloads across the App Store and Google Play. The free app is generating over $10 million in revenue per day from in-app purchases from users.

Outage tracking data aggregator Downdetector.com reports improvement in server availability worldwide. Outages remain focused in the cores of major metropolitan areas with suburbs and smaller towns less profoundly affected.

The title was recently updated to version 1.3.1, with fixes including nickname changes, correct experience awards, proper medal icons, as well as addition of a "nearby Pokemon" feature after a similar feature was excised in the previous revision.

Pok?mon Go is available from the iOS App Store, requires iOS 8 or above, and occupies 193MB of storage space.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Tried asking it in the UK and it just launched the game. 

Don't tell me Apple will be as slow with the international rollout of funny Pokemon Go related Siri queries as Niantic was with the international game rollout 
    cali
  • Reply 2 of 8
    These are hilarious!  Well played, Apple.  Well played.  The best keeps getting better!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Wow this game got huge!

when is Apple gonna buy Nintendo?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member
    These are hilarious!  Well played, Apple.  Well played.  The best keeps getting better!

Different worlds, I guess. I don't really find any of these funny. They don't make me smile or giggle either.
    mobius[Deleted User]roger wade
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I tried this and got: "I'm all out of Pokeballs Balls."
  • Reply 6 of 8
    More accurate headline: "Siri Is A Joke".
  • Reply 7 of 8
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Not sure how much longer this craze will last. The people I know who jump on it with in the first week or so are not longer playing it. The town I live in has a number of Pok?mon Go stops and when out to dinner in town we would see people walking around paying the game going to the stops. I have not seen as many people playing lately. I suspect people we burn out or get board fairly quickly.
  • Reply 8 of 8

Different worlds, I guess. I don't really find any of these funny. They don't make me smile or giggle either.
    More accurate headline: "Siri Is A Joke".
    That's fine.  Apple and their long time users are accustomed to people not 'getting it'.
    stourque