Apple issues sixth betas of iOS 10, watchOS 3 macOS Sierra & tvOS 10, new public iOS 10 beta

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2016
Apple on Monday released a sixth developer beta of iOS 10, plus a fifth public beta, both coming less than week after the last update as the company prepares for an official launch likely to happen next month. Also released were equivalent betas of watchOS 3, tvOS 10 and macOS Sierra.

People who have the earlier iOS 10 and Sierra betas can download the new code as a direct update. Otherwise, registered developers should go to the company's official Developer portal, and the public can enroll in the Beta Software Program.

While there are public versions of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, the new watchOS and tvOS betas are available only to developers.

Any changes are so far unknown, but the differences between Apple's recent beta releases have become increasingly minor. The last version of iOS 10, for instance, mostly made cosmetic upgrades.

All four operating systems are due to officially debut this fall. Because of how closely linked they are, some or all of them could arrive simultaneously in early September ahead of the anticipated "iPhone 7," though macOS is likely to launch later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Tons still left to squish from my Beta Feedback
  • Reply 2 of 14

Mmm ... 

It looks like we'll have one more developer beta or even a GM by Aug 29 (Happy birthday to me) -- and be ready for the anticipated Sep 7 iPhone announcement.

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December
    But the days grow short when you reach September
    When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
    One hasn't got time for the waiting game
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 3 of 14
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    Great, I can make phone calls to Favorites from 3D Touch context menu again...
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Hopefully this will fix the dismal battery life and inaccurate battery icon/percent that Beta 4 introduced.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Where are you located? The update isn't showing up in my part of Florida yet.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Remember: "coming this fall" means "before December 21."

This must be horribly confusing to people in the southern hemisphere.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Ocala, FL
    Had 'em on my 6S & iPad Pro 9.7" and fiancé's Mini 2 for a few hours- oddly; not showing on her 6S (same account, location, wifi connection, etc.).
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Ocala, FL
    Had 'em on my 6S & iPad Pro 9.7" and fiancé's Mini 2 for a few hours- oddly; not showing on her 6S (same account, location, wifi connection, etc.).
    Just showed up in Sarasota FL :smile: 
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Anyone who updated to Aug 3rd iTunes 12.5 (.63) STOP THERE!  

There was a new update on Aug 13th  iTunes 12.5 (.68) that killed off the episodes numbers in your tv show listings.

You can see them if you hold down Command + J and change from GRID -> LIST but what a major pain in the butt!  stay on the Aug 3 version (.63)

ATTENTION DJs:
    we bitched and screamed since iTunes 12 first came out but we finally got  engineering 3 to add back in something that Jony Ive took out.

For DJs (like us) that need to see BPM, Comments (which we use for the KEY of the song) and the BIT RATE... in each playlist you can now get that info that used the be in iTunes 10 by
    1. choosing your playlist
    2. Click LIBRARY
    3. Choose SONGS
    4  then click Command + J
    5. Choose show art work 
    6. Voila

Fixed!  The only problem is Brian was only able to get it to turn on. You still need to do that for each playlist. We have 437 playlists - one for each CD or vinyl release Razormaid released but hey... I'm just glad they got it for us. Now we just him to get us cover flow back and we'll be back in business. 

P.S. Those of you who remix using Wave Editor like we do, it broke in macOS 12 beta 1 and with the original company unable to fix it (they end of life'd it back in 2011) Apple's engineering 3 fixed it for me in beta 2. It's been running great and now in beta 6 still going strong. Thanks Brian!
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 10 of 14
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    macOs public beta is up. :)
  • Reply 11 of 14
    mwhite said:
    macOs public beta is up. :)
    Is that latest one at beta 5 now?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    I have found the Apple RAID drivers that worked in El Capitan even though it couldn't create them, were causing me Finder issues in 10.12 betas.  I'd have to reboot the finder as access  to data on my external RAID 0 started becoming very slow and freezing at times.   I tried using Soft RAID to change out  the drivers and now that issue seems to have ceased.  I tried the Apple 10.12 Disk Utilities RAID drivers now it's back, without the same success as I got with Soft RAID , so I'm suspecting Apple have yet to update them in the betas.  This all on a 2013 6 core Mac Pro over Thunderbolt.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Public beta 5 seems to have killed the wifi on my iPad Mini. Anyone else had the same problem?