Apple rumored to open first Austrian store in Vienna

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple may be preparing to launch its first Austrian store on Vienna's K?rntnerstrasse, home to a high-traffic shopping district, a report claimed on Wednesday.

If it goes through, the shop should occupy a three-floor space previously home to clothing retailer Esprit, Der Standard said on Wednesday, quoting sources in real estate broker circles. Contracts are allegedly being finalized, but the newspaper didn't say when the Apple Store might open its doors.

In fact Der Standard speculated that an Apple reseller might take the space, but few such companies can afford a three-floor outlet, much less in an area like K?rntnerstrasse.

The cost of real estate on the street is said to be very high, responsible for Esprit's departure and creating a tough barrier to many other companies.

Despite the ever-growing reach of Apple's retail chain -- which has hundreds of locations worldwide -- a number of European countries still lack Apple Stores. Some other examples include Norway, Poland, Portugal, and the Czech Republic.
apollak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    And Denmark  :(
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Great! I have a Viennese screenwriting partner and spend a lot of time in Vienna. They have third party shops, best for me has been MacShark on Mariahilfer St, but having a full store with genius support will be good for Mac users, definitely less expensive than the third party shops,even though some are good. I think the reason they waIted so long is they couldn't find enough Viennese techies who were willing to run up and down the Kärntner Straße yelling, clapping, hive five-ing people in line. 
    cnocbui
  • Reply 3 of 12
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Think of all the "G'day mate!"  and "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!" talk that'll be going on.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Has there been any word in Denmark about Apple's proposed data center there?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Think of all the "G'day mate!"  and "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!" talk that'll be going on.
    Think you might be off by half a planet or so.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    cnocbui said:
    LOL....I keep hearing from Viennese friends about some souls who still confuse Austria with Australia. I sent one package to Vienna and it wound up in Australia, then sent back to me in Los Angeles, so the ever vigilant post office houses some of those souls.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    cnocbui said:
    Or there was a "Dumb & Dumber" flashback.
    pacificfilm
  • Reply 8 of 12
    cnocbui said:
    The city council have approved Apples plans and the work is beginning, but it won't be completed until

http://ejendomswatch.dk/Ejendomsnyt/article8878882.ece
    cnocbui
  • Reply 9 of 12
  • Reply 10 of 12
    cnocbui said:
    The city council have approved Apples plans and the work is beginning, but it won't be completed until

http://ejendomswatch.dk/Ejendomsnyt/article8878882.ece
    Thank you.  I thought it a bit odd there have been several articles about the proposed Irish data center but not a peep about the one in Denmark.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    This would be awesome! We have authorized Resellers like McShark but those aren't that great. Everything except Apples Hardware is overpriced and they can do nothing when it comes to be accommodating towards the customer in cases of out of warranty replacements.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I would appreciate it a lot  :D