Apple prepares imminent reopenings of stores in Kansas City & Glasgow

Posted:
in General Discussion
On top of an outlet in Annapolis, Md., two more Apple stores are scheduled to reopen by the end of the month -- namely ones in Kansas City, Mo. and Glasgow, Scotland.

Shoppers lined up for the iPhone 6s at Buchanan Street, pre-renovations.

The Country Club Plaza location in Kansas City will be moving to a different space within the same mall on Saturday, Aug. 20. Hours will run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, stretching to 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Saturdays. Sundays will see hours limited from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The Buchanan Street store in Glasgow has been closed for major interior and exterior renovations since January, and will finally resume sales at 9 a.m. local time on Aug. 27. Apple has been overhauling a number of stores with a new aesthetic similar to a fashion boutique, as well touches like trees, more natural lighting, and oversized screens for video marketing.

Whenever possible, Apple likes to launch or reopen stores before Black Friday shopping in late November. Occasionally it will even time store introductions with new products -- the combination of factors could mean accelerated retail announcements in the next few months.

Like County Club Plaza, Apple Annapolis will reopen this Saturday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    On top of an outlet in Annapolis, Md., two more Apple stores are scheduled to reopen by the end of the month -- namely ones in Kansas City, Mo. and Glasgow, Scotland.

The Country Club Plaza location in Kansas City will be moving to a different space within the same mall on Saturday, Aug. 20. Hours will run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, stretching to 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Saturdays. Sundays will see hours limited from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The Buchanan Street store in Glasgow has been closed for major interior and exterior renovations since January, and will finally resume sales at 9 a.m. local time on Aug. 27. Apple has been overhauling a number of stores with a new aesthetic similar to a fashion boutique, as well touches like trees, more natural lighting, and oversized screens for video marketing.

Whenever possible, Apple likes to launch or reopen stores before Black Friday shopping in late November. Occasionally it will even time store introductions with new products -- the combination of factors could mean accelerated retail announcements in the next few months.

Country Club Plaza is NOT a mall . . . indeed if you had done your homework you would know that CCP is the nation's first "shopping center," and every strip mall, retail plaza and "shopping center" in America owes its existence to this historic retail landmark.
    bobcat62
  • Reply 2 of 9
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    a.brewer said:

Shoppers lined up for the iPhone 6s at Buchanan Street pre-renovations

Country Club Plaza is NOT a mall . . . indeed if you had done your homework you would know that CCP is the nation's first "shopping center," and every strip mall, retail plaza and "shopping center" in America owes its existence to this historic retail landmark.
    1) Why does every "first!" also mean others wouldn't have existed if it hadn't "first!" existed? How is CCP the first "shopping center" in the nation? Are you parroting something you've been told or removed the qualifiers that would make your claim sound reasonable?

2) I did some digging—I call it googling. Turns out it doesn't have any verifiable national titles, but instead holds a couple world titles. Wikipedia lists CCP "as the first shopping center in the world designed to accommodate shoppers arriving by automobile" and "has had the longest life of any planned shopping center in the history of the world. " Those are both notable and impressive stats.

3) Now that we have some facts, do you think that without CCP that there never would have been retailers that group together to allow for convenient shopping that would accommodate the rise of the automobile? I think it's an absolutely certainty that this concept had formed regardless of CCP's existence. So what exactly is CCP owed? 1% of their sales aka Sog35 Tax?

PS: Calling it a shopping mall is perfectly acceptable. Just because the establishment predates the coinage of the term in the 1960s, it doesn't mean the definition of "a large building containing a variety of retail stores" does not apply.

edited August 2016 Deelronbobcat62
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Are we sure we should be calling these Apple locations "stores?"   I thought Apple wasn't identifying their retail locations as "stores" anymore.  Need to respect that.  
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 4 of 9
    a.brewer wrote... (snip)... indeed if you had done your homework... (snip) For a first post you seem to be rather aggressive about a moot point... have a bad day at the office? Oh yes, and when you 'quote' a point you want to make... you don't have to 'quote' the entire article.
    edited August 2016 SoliJanNLchiastantheman
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Are we sure we should be calling these Apple locations "stores?"   I thought Apple wasn't identifying their retail locations as "stores" anymore.  Need to respect that.  
    I'm fine with Apple losing Store in the title, but I liked the comma separating the location title for the store.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I have been watching the black hoardings around the Glasgow store for what seems like the whole of 2016. Every day, crossing the city for work: back and forth. What can they possibly have done that took so long? If there isn't a wormhole to another space and time in the basement I shall be most disappointed.
    limeymick
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Soli said:
    a.brewer said:
    1) Why does every "first!" also mean others wouldn't have existed if it hadn't "first!" existed? How is CCP the first "shopping center" in the nation? Are you parroting something you've been told or removed the qualifiers that would make your claim sound reasonable?

2) I did some digging—I call it googling. Turns out it doesn't have any verifiable national titles, but instead holds a couple world titles. Wikipedia lists CCP "as the first shopping center in the world designed to accommodate shoppers arriving by automobile" and "has had the longest life of any planned shopping center in the history of the world. " Those are both notable and impressive stats.

3) Now that we have some facts, do you think that without CCP that there never would have been retailers that group together to allow for convenient shopping that would accommodate the rise of the automobile? I think it's an absolutely certainty that this concept had formed regardless of CCP's existence. So what exactly is CCP owed? 1% of their sales aka Sog35 Tax?

PS: Calling it a shopping mall is perfectly acceptable. Just because the establishment predates the coinage of the term in the 1960s, it doesn't mean the definition of "a large building containing a variety of retail stores" does not apply.

Yada yada yada

A lot of walking around the point to avoid admitting the original mistake: it's not a MALL

Point made, better things to do than correct internet bullies this weekend

TTFN

• Reply 8 of 9
    a.brewer said:
    Soli said:

Yada yada yada

A lot of walking around the point to avoid admitting the original mistake: it's not a MALL

Point made, better things to do than correct internet bullies this weekend

TTFN

You made false claims, only one of them being the use of mall.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    not sure if youre joking or daft, but Apple said they're dropping "xxx Store" from their names. the structures themselves are obviously still stores and will be referred to as such. Target is a store, but it is not Target Store.