Samsung Galaxy Note 7 glass screen more easily damaged than any iPhone

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    I must admit  I am enjoying this pissing contest between the various fan boyz
    staticx57
  • Reply 62 of 70
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Soli said:
    All the blah blah blah about the design and they use plastic. The fact in in itself is enough for me.
    Why can't design include plastics? I can't think of a single tech purchase that doesn't include plastic in some repsect. There are a shitload of major reasons why an Android user shouldn't upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7, but the fucking home button isn't one of them.
    $900 is expensive, plastic is not.

I have a cousin who work in Korea. Yes, you can't escape Samsung there, they are everywhere. Those who can, are mostly rich families, and they choose iPhone rather than Samsung. It's like a symbol for social status and iPhone is certainly among the top spots in South Korea.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    kevin kee said:
    Soli said:
    Why can't design include plastics? I can't think of a single tech purchase that doesn't include plastic in some repsect. There are a shitload of major reasons why an Android user shouldn't upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7, but the fucking home button isn't one of them.
    I don't know how to parse that comment. I can think of innumerable products that cost over $900 that contain plastic. Why so much hate for plastic?

Le me out this another way: Your Mac or iPhone doesn't exist without the existence of plastics.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 64 of 70
    hexclock said:

That's awesome. My gf dropped her iPod into the tub while taking a bath one time, and fried it. She took it in and they gave her a new one. The genius said, "It smelled like soap". She didn't have Apple Care and it was way out of warranty. 

I routinely take my attractive, tall, slim, blond, blue-eyed 22 year old daughter with me to the Apple Store when I have a problem, and let her deal with it.  I've never been dissatisfied with the result.

• Reply 65 of 70
    sog35 said:
    Samsung. Maker of crap products.

All SIZZLE and no STEAK.

IMO, only uneducated, poor, or ignorant people buy the flagship Samsung phones.
    LOL, yeah perhaps you should keep to the down low, lest you'll sound like those that you look down upon.

Hint: samsung doesn't make the glass.

Hint 2: iPhone 7 will probably be using the exact same glass.
  • Reply 66 of 70

netrox said:
    It has nothing to do with Samsung. It's the Corning that makes the glass which Apple also uses for its screens.
    Yeah, it's not Samsung's responsibility to review the structural integrity of the materials it uses in its products, and assemble said products in a way that makes for a satisfactory user experience!
    I guess we'll see with the iPhone 7 what Apple chose to use. Hopefully CG5 is an improvement.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    sog35 said:
    Samsung. Maker of crap products.

All SIZZLE and no STEAK.

IMO, only uneducated, poor, or ignorant people buy the flagship Samsung phones.
    LOL, yeah perhaps you should keep to the down low, lest you'll sound like those that you look down upon.

Hint: samsung doesn't make the glass.

Hint 2: iPhone 7 will probably be using the exact same glass.
    Your "hints" suggest that neither Samsung nor Apple have choice in the matter.

Hint: I'll be surprised if Apple uses a highly scratchable glass just to keep it from shattering more often from an accidental drop.

Hint 2: Millions of scratched screens is a quality issue covered under warranty or, worse, results in a class action suit, while a broken screen from a drop is the user's responsibility.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    If the display scratchability wasn't a big enough issue for the Note 7.

• Reply 69 of 70
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    kevin kee said:
    Soli said:

I have a cousin who work in Korea. Yes, you can't escape Samsung there, they are everywhere. Those who can, are mostly rich families, and they choose iPhone rather than Samsung. It's like a symbol for social status and iPhone is certainly among the top spots in South Korea.
    I bought my iPhone 6, new for $850- it is easier to avoid Samsung phones than you think. and Lg is an option at every single carrier. the rest of Samsung is far more difficult to avoid.
    edited August 2016