Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 89
    holyoneholyone Posts: 398member
    macapfel said:
    "See you" means iPhone looks at you(r Retina) and unlocks?
    That be cool, "raise to wake" would make more sense, a very apple like evolution, even though fandroids will cry copycat copycat blah blah blah. That graphic isn't Apple's best though, hopefully the event is much better
  • Reply 22 of 89
    thrang said:
    The image is pretty clearly a reference to bokeh, an aesthetic blur in photography usually achieved with high quality optics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh And its of the upper quarter of the Apple logo...
    Good eye.

anantksundaramronnicoco3calih2p
  • Reply 23 of 89
    Looks like a reference to depth focus, like the Lytro. I suspect all phone sizes will get dual lenses.
    ronn
  • Reply 24 of 89
    It resembles the dual camera setup. That is the selling feature of the announcement. There is no dark mode for iOS10, etc...
  • Reply 25 of 89
    mac_128 said:
    I'm more excited for a new watch than phone, I really hope they announce a new watch too on the 7th.  I'll probably keep my iPhone 6 if it's mostly a spec bump.
    All the rumors suggest the new watch will mostly be just a "spec bump". 
    Most of the rumors I've seen say it will get GPS.  I run most days and don't have a place for my phone, I tried my pocket and an armband but I didn't like it.  I bought a Garmin Forerunner watch that basically doesn't do anything more than tell time and track your runs.  I've been waiting for the Apple watch to get GPS and be fully waterproof, which is exactly what the rumors have been reporting.
    h2p
  • Reply 26 of 89
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Everybody relax. The genius Trump bootlickers at Breitbart have already proved that the iPhone 7 will be a dud:

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/08/23/apples-september-iphone-7-introduction-looks-like-dud/

For the most bizarrely misunderstood reasons. Macalope material.
    calianantksundaramnolamacguy
  • Reply 27 of 89
    This is so disappointing. Plenty of us drive non-bluetooth-enabled cars that we plug an aux cord into the headphone jack and car charger into the lightning port.

Apple Music absolutely drains your battery by the way, so on long road trips I won't be able to listen to music now and simultaneously charge my phone. 

Hate to say it, but this is the first time in 4 years that I won't be upgrading my iPhone. neutral 

EDIT - *Waits for the trolls to tell me to buy a new car*
    edited August 2016 cali
  • Reply 28 of 89
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    linkman said:
    I'm seeing the Fibonnaci sequence put through a Fourier transform then applied to a Heaviside partial fraction expansion...
    Do you recognize Steve's face anywhere in the result?
  • Reply 29 of 89
    thrang said:
    The image is pretty clearly a reference to bokeh, an aesthetic blur in photography usually achieved with high quality optics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh And its of the upper quarter of the Apple logo...
    Good eye.

• Reply 30 of 89
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    mac-daddy said:

What car do you drive? Does it have a double DIN radio? If so you can upgrade that and even get CarPlay. But, for someone who can afford a new iPhone every year you should be able to swing a car payment in there. Unless you are driving some older exotic sports car then I totally understand, but there are bound to be Lightning adapter cables that will allow you to charge and play music at the same time.
    edited August 2016 nolamacguymike1
  • Reply 31 of 89
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    volcan said:
    mac-daddy said:

What car do you drive? Does it have a DIN or double DIN radio? If so you can upgrade that and even get CarPlay. But, for someone who can afford a new iPhone every year you should be able to swing a car payment in there. 
    Buy a new car or rip out the old radio and install a new entertainment/display unit so you can use your new iPhone? Seems a bit extreme but if money is no object that can certainly work.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 32 of 89
    So Apple is saying "C U Next Tuesday?"  Pretty cheeky.
    edited August 2016 radarthekat
  • Reply 33 of 89
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    gatorguy said:

Buy a new car or rip out the old radio and install a new entertainment/display unit so you can use your new iPhone? Seems a bit extreme but if money is no object that can certainly work.
    I think it is a good idea to lease a new car every three years anyway. Upgraded safety features, better fuel/hybrid/electric options and three years is usually covered with free maintenance, After about three years is when you are going to start spending money on tires, brakes, battery and other miscellaneous parts.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 34 of 89
    volcan said:
    gatorguy said:

I think it is a good idea to lease a new car every three years anyway. Upgraded safety features, better fuel/hybrid/electric options and three years is usually covered with free maintenance, After about three years is when you are going to start spending money on tires, brakes, battery and other miscellaneous parts.
    That's what I do too but it's a little more than a year away before my current contract is up. 
  • Reply 35 of 89
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    mac_128 said:
    I'm more excited for a new watch than phone, I really hope they announce a new watch too on the 7th.  I'll probably keep my iPhone 6 if it's mostly a spec bump.
    Well, if they use the same foundry tech as a in the phone, more battery and GPS, that's one major spec bump...
    If they only slightly bump the speed, that alone would lead to the battery lasting 3-4 days without any GPS and would be the reason they'd be able to add the GPS in the first place. No other GPS watch would be that small (especially the 38mm).
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 36 of 89
    gatorguy said:
    A car that doesn't have bluetooth is not likely to have an "entertainment/display unit" but a conventional car radio.
  • Reply 37 of 89
    gatorguy said:
    A car that doesn't have bluetooth is not likely to have an "entertainment/display unit" but a conventional car radio.
    Correct, but the replacement unit is not simply a radio if it offers CarPlay as the OP suggested.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 38 of 89
    mac_128 said:
    Most of the rumors I've seen say it will get GPS.  I run most days and don't have a place for my phone, I tried my pocket and an armband but I didn't like it.  I bought a Garmin Forerunner watch that basically doesn't do anything more than tell time and track your runs.  I've been waiting for the Apple watch to get GPS and be fully waterproof, which is exactly what the rumors have been reporting.
    Good grief, it's waterproof enough for running now, people are swimming with them... In the Ocean.
    As for running, if your only tracking pace, the watch is as precise as the GPS (which have a 30 meter margins of error even if you have a good view of the sky and takes time to lock on if you don''t have a cell chip (which will be the case here). I never understood this fascination of using GPS for running.  The GPS is more interesting in this case for other possible functions in the watch than these.
    radarthekat
  • Reply 39 of 89
    Looks like a reference to depth focus, like the Lytro. I suspect all phone sizes will get dual lenses.
    Yes, producing small depth of field in an Iphone right now is basically impossible, so I'm pretty sure this is related to the camera which will be the major selling point of this release.
  • Reply 40 of 89
    holyone said:
    macapfel said:
    "See you" means iPhone looks at you(r Retina) and unlocks?
    That be cool, "raise to wake" would make more sense, a very apple like evolution, even though fandroids will cry copycat copycat blah blah blah. That graphic isn't Apple's best though, hopefully the event is much better
    The graphic is an obvious allusion to a photographic effect, so I think its pretty good myself.