T-Mobile tweaks unlimited One plan in response to complaints, adds One Plus tier

Posted:
in iPhone
Responding to early criticism of its One unlimited plan, T-Mobile on Monday announced some significant changes, including the creation of a "One Plus" tier costing an additional $25 per month.

The standard $70 One plan -- launching earlier, on Sept. 1 -- will now offer unlimited 3G tethering in the U.S., the carrier said. Previously that tethering would've defaulted to 2G speeds, forcing people to pay an extra $15 for 5 gigabytes of fast data.

The One Plus tier will upgrade subscribers to unlimited 4G tethering, unlimited HD video, and 3G international data roaming. T-Mobile had originally planned to make HD alone a $25 add-on, but faced significant blowback.

People on the regular One plan will still be limited to 480p video, but have the option of paying $3 for 24-hour installments of HD.

One subscribers will be able to add a second line for $50 per month, and $20 for each line after that in a family plan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    If Apple were a carrier, there would be 1 plan..Unlimited Everything, for $99/mon per device. 
    JanNLjuanguapoDarth Siduxbadmonk
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Jeez daily nickel and diming is the solution?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    TurboPGT said:
    If Apple were a carrier, there would be 1 plan..Unlimited Everything, for $99/mon per device. 
     :) Not exactly cheap, but very clear.
    TurboPGT
  • Reply 4 of 7
    TurboPGT said:
    T-Mobile is offering unlimited everything for $95 a month...
    Darth Sidux
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    Cuts my bill in half. I cancelled my $95/momth 22 GB mobile hotspot.  Will have unlimited 4G LTE tethering for $95 on my iPhone.

Where I live there is no cable or fiber.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member
    dougd said:
    Cuts my bill in half. I cancelled my $95/momth 22 GB mobile hotspot.  Will have unlimited 4G LTE tethering for $95 on my iPhone.

Where I live there is no cable or fiber.
    You live somewhere without cable or fiber but T-Mobile has good enough signal? I'm with them right now, but their coverage (just outside a mid-major city) is not solid enough. I love their no-share data, and wish I could get just a bit better coverage - I can handle lagging behind the big 2, but it lags behind just a bit too much in my area. And we will have Gigabit fiber available in the next month or so, so we aren't way out there.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    These tweaks from T-Mobile make this offering significantly better and the reason I will finally ditch my grandfathered AT&T plan from 2008. Thanks T-Mobile! There is a reason why I was your customer for years when I lived in Florida before I ever owned an iPhone. ( AT&T never responded to customer complaints by improving their plans. The government had to finally get on their case to simply stop them from throttling us. That is the difference between carriers.)