Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    What are the chances of new Macs being 'one more thing' at this event?

Wishful thinking I know...
  • Reply 82 of 89
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    volcan said:
    My car even predicts an imminent impact and instantly rolls up the windows unlocks the doors, turns on the flashers and communicates my location to emergency services.
    Rolls up the windows? Seems the opposite of what I would want to occur.
  • Reply 83 of 89
    mtbnut said:
    mac-daddy said:
    This is so disappointing. Plenty of us drive non-bluetooth-enabled cars that we plug an aux cord into the headphone jack and car charger into the lightning port.

Apple Music absolutely drains your battery by the way, so on long road trips I won't be able to listen to music now and simultaneously charge my phone. 

Hate to say it, but this is the first time in 4 years that I won't be upgrading my iPhone. neutral 

EDIT - *Waits for the trolls to tell me to buy a new car*
    What about me? I'm Amish and still drive a horse-drawn buggy. What about my plight? Does Apple not care?
    Kiss my butt. 
  • Reply 84 of 89
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    linkman said:
    volcan said:
    My car even predicts an imminent impact and instantly rolls up the windows unlocks the doors, turns on the flashers and communicates my location to emergency services.
    Rolls up the windows? Seems the opposite of what I would want to occur.
    I am thinking that the engineers who study crash data have decided that the glass is strong and offers protection from flying debris and also to help prevent deflation of the side curtain air bags which you definitely want to continue functioning in the event of a roll over or secondary impact. I also forgot to mention that the inside of the car gets illuminated and the fuel line gets shut off automatically too.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 85 of 89
    Soli said:
    Lol, wut??! You are the ONLY one claiming that only the 7 Plus will be losing the headphone jack & not the 7.... literally every single source, rumor, and supposed leak has shown both models losing the headphone jack. 
    No, this has been thrown out there for awhile, and even while I don't think it's going to happen since I believe an entirely new lineup needs to be in-line with each model, there is also no reason that it technically couldn't. But that's beside the point—if you feel that a 3.5mm headphone jack is important than don't buy a new iPhone.

While you're at it look up iPhone 7 Pro and Smart Connector, both of which are rumors that will add variety to the lineup and and give an additional method by which an iPhone can be charged, respectively.
    Hmmmm.... well, I thought I had seen pretty much every purported prototype leak, dummy phone based on specs sent to case manufacturers, etc. on this site, MR, Patently Apple, & so on.
    I don't recall seeing iPhone 7 prototypes or dummy phones WITH the headphone jack.

Possibly one, many many months back- but it seems like the dozens we've seen in the last 6 months or so point to loss of headphone jack across the board.
  • Reply 86 of 89
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    No, this has been thrown out there for awhile, and even while I don't think it's going to happen since I believe an entirely new lineup needs to be in-line with each model, there is also no reason that it technically couldn't. But that's beside the point—if you feel that a 3.5mm headphone jack is important than don't buy a new iPhone.

While you're at it look up iPhone 7 Pro and Smart Connector, both of which are rumors that will add variety to the lineup and and give an additional method by which an iPhone can be charged, respectively.
    Hmmmm.... well, I thought I had seen pretty much every purported prototype leak, dummy phone based on specs sent to case manufacturers, etc. on this site, MR, Patently Apple, & so on.
    I don't recall seeing iPhone 7 prototypes or dummy phones WITH the headphone jack.

Possibly one, many many months back- but it seems like the dozens we've seen in the last 6 months or so point to loss of headphone jack across the board.
    I hope it's gone from the entire product line. I also hope that Smart Connector is on all of them, too. There might be another 4" version down the road that still has the 3.5mm connector and there is less reason to make this move right away with the iPad since they 1) don't come with headphones so no included Lighnting headphones, and 2) many of their users are older.

Regardless, the future is removing the 3.5mm analog headphone jack from devices. This includes all mobile devices, even ones running Android.
  • Reply 87 of 89
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Mutton said:
    What are the chances of new Macs being 'one more thing' at this event?
    Zero percent. The iPhone is a drama queen.

Speaking of chances, what are the chances that Apple will add HEVC support to iTunes before all of their currently shipping products have hardware decoding support for it? I’m guessing also zero percent, huh.
  • Reply 88 of 89
    I've confirmed that the iPhone x (possibly 7) is available as per 9th Sept here in the UK...

Here's the details: http://www.emiscience.com/software-development/8-apple-iphone-7-announcement-on-sept-7-see-you-on-the-7th

I've confirmed it both with Three (Hutchinson 3G) and EE in UK.
  • Reply 89 of 89
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    adrihd said:
    I've confirmed that the iPhone x (possibly 7) is available as per 9th Sept here in the UK...

Here's the details: http://www.emiscience.com/software-development/8-apple-iphone-7-announcement-on-sept-7-see-you-on-the-7th

I've confirmed it both with Three (Hutchinson 3G) and EE in UK.
    That seems unlikely. Pre-orders on the 9th? Sure. Availability? There is no precedence.