Samsung Galaxy Note 7 bursting battery shipment stop may escalate to a recall

13»

Comments

• Reply 42 of 50
    Perhaps lawmakers should prevent the import of these obviously very dangerous Samsung products.  :p
    tallest skil
  • Reply 43 of 50
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    appleinsider©®, the number #one (1) place for SamSung News™
    Rayz2016
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Perhaps lawmakers should prevent the import of these obviously very dangerous Samsung products.  :p
    The US should strongly urge the South Korean government to open up trade relations with the North.

KJN gets a call one day and then POP! instant civil war between warring factions of generals.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    volcan said:
    The recall will be smooth. /s
    "quite smooth..."

"This product recall is the best product recall we've ever designed..."
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Finally ... something original out of Samsung.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    It is the samsung next big feature
  • Reply 48 of 50
    According to the news in the UK this morning, Samsung will be "offering customers a replacement handset". No word if it was a blanket recall or a certain batch of phones. It was the first bulletin on BBC Radio2 several times so far today, poor Samsung lol.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    Interesting how little press all these exploding samsungs get. They've all been recalled in Austrlaia, and yet hardly a ripple in the news. If it was an iPhone we'd never hear the end of it. Perhaps it just needs a catchy "gate" name.... Explode-gate, fire-gate, burn-gate, spontaneous-combustion-gate.....
  • Reply 50 of 50
    maestro64 said:
    lmagoo said:
    I deal with LiPo batteries in the RC hobby...when they first came out years ago many of us (me Included) were exploding (when they catch fire they give off Hydrogen gas when water is used to put them out ) the batteries when chargers were not as sophisticated as they are now with Balanced Cell smart chargers...I guess Sammy just did not do their homework very well...Have to admit it's a little funny...my guess is the owners fail to see the humor...

When nickel Metal hydride batters came out in the 90's and if they were over charge they would outgas, if you know your chemistry the outgas contained hydrogen and oxygen  and in the right environment you got a bomb. The batteries had to be properly vented so the gases did not build up in a contained space. Batteries blowing up or catching fire is nothing new. Any time you use chemistry to store energy you have a potential for these kinds of issues. 
    why does it only happen to Samsung's  phone is this large number of cases?