Looking to buy a mouse: input wanted

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Yeah the Kensigntons are great, some of them are quite a bit like the Microsoft mice, sans the evil brand name.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Check out my new mouse: Check out the other shots of it by running your mouse pointer over the thumbnails at the site below. COOL Base Station!!!!

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wiebt_info.asp"; target="_blank">Bluetooth Wireless Microsoft</a>

If I am not mistaken it does not work on mac.

I tried it on my iBook and it fails to work. Imagine that...

Works Great on my XP running Vaio

Does Mac suppoort Bluetooth?

Fellowship
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yep, Apple supports bluetooth:

<a href="http://www.apple.com/bluetooth/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/bluetooth/</a>;
  • Reply 24 of 29
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Mac OS X has support for Bluetooth, but that does not mean that drivers have been created for said mouse.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Update on the Bluetooth Microsoft Explorer Mouse:

I just tried it on my iBook and it did not work. I put the Bluetooth back to my PC and it did not work. This happened the last time I tried it on my mac. It will not receive the mouse without having to un-install the software and re-install it on the PC. I had to hook up my old Logitech and I am half tempted to take the Microsoft mouse back. My logitech is lighter, smaller, tracks better and best of all works on both my PC and mac. I bought the new Microsoft Mouse because I thought it was cool to have wireless. I am just not so sure Microsoft is the way at this point in time.

I can tell you I like the feel of my logitech of all my mice. The Apple Pro Mouse is sorry and Yes I have that one. The Microsoft Explorer Bluetooth does not seem to stack up to my good old Logitech.

I hope that honest feedback can help you.

Fellowship

Edit: One thing about the Logitech that blows both the Apple Pro Mouse and the Microsoft Explorer away is the way it glides over the mouse pad. It glides like butter so so so smooth compared to all the other mice I have ever used.

If you want a GREAT mouse this is it:

<a href="http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=3&CONTENTID=4992&countryid=19&languag eid=1" target="_blank">Link to my Logitech Mouse</a>

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: FellowshipChurch iBook ]</p>
  • Reply 26 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

The 300's too big? Really? I'd think that it's somewhat normal size.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not so much that the footprint is too big, but the volume is too big: too high. Logitech wants me to rest my hand ON the mouse. I do not engage in that practice. If I can find a digital camera, I will take pictures.

I'll go to the store, and take a look at all the Logitech mice. I'll pick the one I like best, which will undoubtedly be the 300 or 500. If it's actually good enough, then that's great. If not, I'll make some mods.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

It's not so much that the footprint is too big, but the volume is too big: too high. Logitech wants me to rest my hand ON the mouse. I do not engage in that practice. If I can find a digital camera, I will take pictures.

I'll go to the store, and take a look at all the Logitech mice. I'll pick the one I like best, which will undoubtedly be the 300 or 500. If it's actually good enough, then that's great. If not, I'll make some mods.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Greetings

The Logitech I linked to above in a prior post is a mouse that is not one you rest your hand on like the Microsoft I have is. I love my Logitech as it is not too big that your hand rests on it and it is not too small. It glides so well.

Fellowship
  • Reply 28 of 29
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Fellowship, if you want a wireless mouse and like Logitech why not try one of their wireless ones? Mine is great and the MX700 is even better.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member

I bought the Logitech MX-300 yesterday. Works great and I would definitely recommend it!