'Piano black' and dark black Apple 'iPhone 7' test unit stickers spotted

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    schmrtzzz said:
    I'll enjoy every of the five seconds of this Piano Black 7 Plus before I cover up this tiny slippery new iPhone in an expensive Apple-case. 
    You do realize that not everybody chooses to put their devices inside of cases? And there are clear cases available also, which do not conceal a phone's design.

And if your argument were true, then what the hell difference does it matter what the new iPhone looks like?

It might as well look like complete crap, and only be available in an exclusive spaghetti vomit color since it will be hidden inside of a case anyway, am i rite?

Why should Apple bother to spend time and money to research a new phone design?
    edited September 2016 doozydozen
  • Reply 22 of 42
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    ireland said:
    If "dark black" is used in marketing I'll eat my hat.
    Dark black is a stupid name. Black is black, there is nothing darker while light black would be grey. Just call it Space Black and be done with it, while the glossy version being called Piano Black is fine. As for me I'm going to miss Space Grey, it was my favourite Apple product colour.
    edited September 2016 ronndoozydozen
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Black is so done. 

Its a a backward step imho. 

Space gray was great though. Classy. 

And even vent though I don't like the idea of a PlayStation black iPhone, I'll wait to see what it actually turns out like. Apple has a knack for getting colors surprisingly right. 
  • Reply 24 of 42
    1983 said:
    ireland said:
    Dark black is a stupid name. Black is black, there is nothing darker while light black would be grey. Just call it Space Black and be done with it, while the glossy version being called Piano Black is fine. As for me I'm going to miss Space Grey, it was my favourite Apple product colour.
    "Space Black"? How about just "Space"? In case it was never obvious, space isn't actually grey.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    1983 said:
    ireland said:
    "Space Black"? How about just "Space"? In case it was never obvious, space isn't actually grey.
    "Space Black" sounds cool. Don't know if they'll call it that though. Doesn't even look black to me. More charcoal. Though that doesn't sound cool. "Space" lacks literization, but that might not stop Apple from going with it. If it was me I'd name them Graphite and Piano Black.
    edited September 2016 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 26 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    1983 said:
    ireland said:
    Outer space.
    edited September 2016 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 42
    1983 said:
    ireland said:
    Space isn't black, or a color for that matter (not a matter pun).

I like the "Space Gray" of my Apple Watch Sport, it's far darker than the silver gray of my iPhone 6 that they market as Space Gray.

• Reply 28 of 42
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    netrox said:
    Piano black is a hint that the 2017 iPhone will be shiny and black. 

Except this is supposedly a leak for iPhone 7 (2016)
    doozydozen
  • Reply 29 of 42
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    Hmmm I feel it will be a tough choice between matte and glossy black. Matte (if similar to iPhone 5) would be great, though a glossy black back would blend near seamlessly into the front cover glass - almost like an all glass phone...
    redgeminipadoozydozen
  • Reply 30 of 42
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    1983 said:
    ireland said:

anantksundaramdoozydozen
  • Reply 31 of 42
    Well I guess we know the new colors Samsung will be coming out with next
    redgeminipairelanddoozydozen
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Well I guess we know the new colors Samsung will be coming out with next
    Yeah, Charred Black and Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™.
    redgeminipajfc1138SpamSandwichdoozydozen
  • Reply 33 of 42
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Can anyone recommend a bumper for iPhone? The minimalism of a bumper allows the beauty of the phone to shine through regardless of color, and offers protection.

edited September 2016
  • Reply 34 of 42
    bluefire1 said:
    Can anyone recommend a bumper for iPhone? The minimalism of a bumper allows the beauty of the phone to shine through regardless of color, and offers protection.

Bumpers never offered enough protection for my tastes. I do like a nice, clear TPU silicone case, though. 
  • Reply 35 of 42
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    bluefire1 said:

Not specifically but iirc there are some sluminum
    alloy ones that might complement the blacks very nicely. They get locked over the phone edges. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0147UVDDQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1473085203&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=iphone+aluminum+bumper&th=1&psc=1#immersive-view_1473085259312
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 36 of 42
    why- said:
    I'd love to see Steinway branding on the back of an iPhone
    Why?
    doozydozen
  • Reply 37 of 42
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    why- said:
    Why?

that's my name. don't wear it out
    edited September 2016 ireland
  • Reply 38 of 42
    why- said:
    why- said:
    Why?

that's my name. don't wear it out
    Irony is not your strong suit, I see...
  • Reply 39 of 42
    Vantablack

It will be cool. I am guessing Apple will be using this.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 40 of 42
    Maybe this is the successor color for the iPhone 5 black that often flaked off the device. (To which Schiller bravely intimated that this was a feature rather than a bug - prior to it being withdrawn from production.)
    source?
    crickets.
    doozydozen