New 'iPhone 7' box photos appear, inconsistent with previous leaks

Posted:
in iPhone
A set of photos have materialized alleging to be of the front and side of the new "iPhone 7" box, but some packaging inconsistencies with previous Apple works cast some doubt on the authenticity of the images.

The photos, from enthusiast site Techtastic, has a different font for the "iPhone" name, and different kerning as well. Additionally, the rear of the box is not shown, which denotes the specifications of any contained device.

While there is a wide range of variance in all of the "leaked" packaging photos, the current example appears to be outside that range, and could be from an "iPhone 7" clone, rather than actual Apple packaging.

An analyst's note on Saturday reiterated much of the existing speculation about the "iPhone 7," including noting the two shades of black listed on a pair of labels from alleged test units publicized on Sunday. Both new models of the iPhone are expected to ditch the legacy 3.5-millimeter headphone jack, implement the "A10" processor, and include an improved 3D Touch sensor.

The "iPhone 7 Plus" is expected to have 3 GB of application RAM, and a 12 MP dual-lens rear-shooting camera.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    If only the wait wasn't so long until we'd know the truth!

Oh. 

Wait. 
    edited September 2016 jbishop1039Darth Sidux
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ONE.MORE.DAY :) Too bad the iPhone 7 will likely be far out of my budget, so I'l be getting a refurb or an updated SE. Apple would be smart to update the SE alongside the 7, right?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Font is too thick. Apple have more taste.
    edited September 2016 iSRS
  • Reply 4 of 9
    iSRSiSRS Posts: 49member
    ireland said:
    Font is too thick. Apple have more taste.
    Bingo
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ONE.MORE.DAY :) Too bad the iPhone 7 will likely be far out of my budget, so I'l be getting a refurb or an updated SE. Apple would be smart to update the SE alongside the 7, right?
    I wouldn't hold my breath for an updated SE. They just released the current one earlier this year, and it seems like they've set it up to be a nice mid-cycle upgrade to give a boost to overall iPhone sales while flagship sales start their decline cycle.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I wouldn't even bet on an upgraded SE next year. Apple seems to be happy giving its "low end" devices like iPad Mini every-other-year updates, and really everything since the 5S has been fast-enough for the current state of software. The SE's 6S grade internals will still be bangin' next year.

Anyone wanna place bets on 2017+? I think the 10th anniversary, all-glass redesign will be called the iPhone, not iPhone 7S or iPhone 8, and the designs going forward will be mostly static for 4-5 years at a time, not unlike the Macbook. Ives is close to what he considers the perfect design, full product maturity.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 7 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    There’s a sucker born every minute and rumor sites are the quintessential suckers.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Not saying it's real but 1) Would make sense to show the back of the iphone as the front hasnt changed 2) The font on iPhone has changed over the years.. Anybody remember it going ultra thin all over rhe Apple website at time of iPhone 6, then they have got fatter since?
    damonf