Rediscovered Tim Cook interview may hint at Apple Pencil support in 'iPhone 7'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    holyone said:
    holyone said:
    I hope to God that this is just people reading too much into Tim misspeaking as this would be a most terrible idea. It's hard enough using the pheblet one-handed imagine having to pop sone extra tool to effectively operate, from barley one hand to unavoidably two hands to use you're phone, really ?, this is the kind of stupidity that should be left to Sammy and all her geek fan boys, the apple pencil is fine where it is there is no need for a pro iPhone because the is no pro phone user this is just people yearning for some eye popping' innovation from Apple as it's been a long dry spell and SJ's absents is sorely felt but emulating Sammy isn't the way, things aren't that desperate just yet
    That's your opinion. Talk to the majority of Galaxy Note owners and they'll tell you they love the S-Pen (for most it is the reason they bought the Note.) Many people would love an iPhone phablet with stylus support.
    </ I take it you have some evidence to show this? Sharing is caring Why on earth would I talk to Galaxy owners ? Clearly those folks need some kind of intervention "they love the S-Pen (for most it is the <i>reason 
    they bought the Note.)" right says a lot "Many people would love an iPhone phablet with stylus support." many people wont, if they did that exploding little box of garbage would be selling like hot cake in case you aren't aware the explosive 7 is being out sold by last year's iPhone so please go troll some where els with you're nonsense
    "Why on earth would I talk to Galaxy owners ?"

Because there are valid opinions other than your own?

such as that a flawdly design and poorelly built phone that EXPLODES is a better way to spend mony ? No thanks "Clearly those folks need some kind of intervention."

...Sigh.

"many people won't"

And many people will.

"if they did that exploding little box of garbage would be selling like hot cake in case you aren't aware the explosive 7 is being out sold by last year's iPhone"

Actually, prior to the recall the Note was selling very well. Not as well as the iPhone 6S/6S Plus at the same point, granted, but that's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison—it would make more sense to compare the Note 7 strictly to the 6S+ and even that it isn't a completely fair comparison, given the level of competition the Note faces from other Android devices (including other Samsung devices). The Note 7 was easily selling well enough to show there would be a market for a similar iOS device.

" Again share this amazing data you speak of please go troll some where else with your nonsense"

I'm a troll because I don't agree with your opinion? People like you give Apple users a bad name (and people like you on the opposite side give Android users a bad name.) Never once did I bad mouth Apple, claim Android was better, or act in a manner even close to trolling. I called you a troll because on you're second post you came to an apple fan sight and promoted an Android gimmik feature appropriately lacking in an iPhone as though it was thus flawred or lacking on to of my opinion on how it was not if you wish to promote Samsunghones there are many android sight s that would welcome you're opinions not that my opinions is beyond critism but you're response "That's your opinion. Talk to the majority of Galaxy Note owners and they'll tell you they love the S-Pen (for most it is the reason they bought the Note.) Many people would love an iPhone phablet with stylus support." was this thrashed as it should have been this is APPLEINSIDER I provided a real-life example that proves there is a market for a device in which you claim there is not. I apologies I must have missed that real life markert resech yore talking about maybe if you put in a link, that be great Not that any of that matters; you won't bother reading any of what I've typed. Not that it would make any difference if you did. I can recognize when I'm feeding a troll.

Oh wow I'm the troll you just got here, but then againe tis to be expected Oh, and, by the way...

Sent from my iPhone :)
    Oh and by the way...

Sent from my iPad :)
  • Reply 22 of 23
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

Pencil support for the iPhone is inevitable. I also expect there will soon be a new iPad mini with Pencil support.

As others have said, you won't need a Pencil to use the iPhone, just like you don't need it to use the iPad Pro. It's there to offer enhanced functionality for people who want it. Just like many third party manufacturers have been making styluses for the iPhone and iPad for years, back to the introduction of the iPhone. Apple's just happens to be a better implementation that allows for more functionality.

In fairness, no modern device needs a stylus to work. I believe you can still use your Galaxy Note, even if the stylus has lodged itself in the little hole and won't come out. The real problem is some of the older Windows CE and Symbian devices that had controls that were too small to be activated with a finger. I believe that's what Steve meant, otherwise he might have been more critical of the people who made styluses for the early iPhones.

JoinTheBattle