Italian report shows alleged 'iPhone 7' box design, points to Sept. 16 launch

Posted:
in iPhone
The "iPhone 7" is not only shipping out to various countries in preparation for launch, but should go on sale Sept. 16, a report said on Wednesday morning, just hours ahead of Apple's official announcement.

The phone should be available through Italian carriers TIM, 3, and most likely Vodafone on that date, sources informed iPhoneItalia. The people added that inventory of the device will be "very limited" in Italy, especially for carriers.

Separate sources with Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn told the site that "iPhone 7" shipments are going out worldwide. Retail stores would need to begin receiving stock shortly to be ready for Sept. 16.

A supplied photo of a set of boxes appears to support the "iPhone 7" name, though the tops are missing product images as on packaging for the iPhone 6s. The boxes may simply be awaiting the images in label form.

Apple is scheduled to hold its iPhone press event at 10 a.m. Pacific time. AppleInsider will be live in San Francisco to provide coverage.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

A supplied photo of a set of boxes appears to support the "iPhone 7" name
    Please tell me you are not still clinging to the BS notion that it would be called anything else.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    9to5Mac has a photo of an alleged iPhone 7. The glossy black looks full of scratches and/or smudges. Everyone wants a black phone but will bitch and complain when it gets scuffed. image
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I expected the 23rd but I won't complain about getting it a week earlier, I already budgeted for it. 

TurboPGT
  • Reply 4 of 7
    So the box is gonna look identical to the iPhone 6 box? Of course - after they already made so many iPhone boxes, and because it's only a meager update, it's only reasonable that they start recycling the old designs.
    asdasd
  • Reply 5 of 7

see?

TurboPGT
  • Reply 6 of 7
    The new campus facility only holds 1,000, so I doubt it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    9to5Mac has a photo of an alleged iPhone 7. The glossy black looks full of scratches and/or smudges. Everyone wants a black phone but will bitch and complain when it gets scuffed. image
    That's not glossy black but matte black with shiny antenna band.
    edited September 2016