Apple banners, flags, posters go up at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium ahead of Sept. 7 event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2016
As it did last year, Apple this past weekend installed banners, flags and other brand paraphernalia at San Francisco's Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in preparation of Wednesday's special media event.

Visit AppleInsider's social media channels for the latest on Apple's Sept. 7 iPhone event:

Like the media gathering that introduced the world to iPhone 6s last September, Apple is expected to introduce new iPhones, Apple Watch and Beats headphone hardware in a keynote presentation tomorrow.

Apple has a habit of teasing major announcements in its promotional materials. For example, posters adorning Bill Graham Auditorium last year featured an Apple logo design that turned out to be a take on Siri's colorful wave form animation. At the event, Apple debuted a host of Siri improvements for iOS and integration with Apple TV via tvOS.

This year, Apple's invitation recreates the company's iconic logo with a series of out-of-focus points of light. The clever use of "good" bokeh, a term describing the quality of blur produced in a photographic image, suggests big improvements are in store for iPhone's cameras. Posters bearing the same image were installed at the auditorium over the weekend.

Apple is indeed anticipated to announce significant upgrades to iPhone's photo-taking capabilities, with a 12-megapixel sensor rumored for inclusion on the 4.7-inch model and advanced dual-lens technology for the larger 5.5-inch version.

Rumors also indicate an Apple Watch refresh with GPS capabilities, a higher capacity battery and better waterproofing is primed to debut tomorrow. Apple's Beats brand is also expected to get some stage time.

Not much else can be gleaned from the auditorium's decorations, which includes a marquee out front that reads "Special Event." As for functional building preparations, Apple has completed running cable from inside the auditorium to trucks outside labeled "TV Control Room," presumably for its scheduled live stream.

AppleInsider will be covering Apple's announcement live from Bill Graham Auditorium tomorrow from 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Is this the last time the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium will be used?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    The new campus facility only holds 1,000, so I doubt it.
    lolliverh2p
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    iqatedo said:
    Is it scheduled for demolition?
    beowulfschmidtteaearlegreyhot
  • Reply 4 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    The new campus facility only holds 1,000, so I doubt it.
    I'm shocked if your doubts are founded (which they may well be, I have no clue). I confess was under the impression SJ & co designed the new campus to hold all events once built.  Not just for the proximity for staff but also for tighter secret keeping.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

jfc1138 said:
    iqatedo said:
    Is it scheduled for demolition?
    LOL, good one.  It's funny I, as I'm sure the writer did, read ... 'by Apple' without even realizing.
    teaearlegreyhot
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Who thinks they'll be playing "Hit the Road, Jack" when Tim walks out? ;-)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Last week Tim Cook sold millions of dollars worth of Apple stock.  So he must know the price is about to nose-dive. Which can mean only one thing: A truly major and breakthrough announcement from Apple this week!  Because success=beleaguered.  /s.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    digitalclips said:
    ...I confess was under the impression SJ & co designed the new campus to hold all events once built.  Not just for the proximity for staff but also for tighter secret keeping.
    Indeed... secret-keeping so tight that when Apple wants to make an announcement they actually have to leave HQ and go to a public venue!  :)