Apple quietly doubles iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 storage, lowers iPad Pro prices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

icoco3 said:
    smarky said:
    Can't see any price reduction here in the UK ?

Apple really screwed the UK with there prices.

The airpods are £159, were as they are $159. Great.
    Pay me shipping and local tax and they are yours for $159...

This is practice has been in place since the 90's when I lived over there.  Change the $ sign to a £ sign on all prices.  Could never figure that out.
    In the Netherlands they cost € 179,-. Also much higher considering the rate of € vs $. Our punishment for not living in the US...
    Undoubtedly the effect of local import taxes, currency differences, etc. Plus, of course, Tim hates you.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    foggyhill said:
    wizard69 said:
    Still pretty expensive considering they are effectively just cell phones with a big screen.    I don't mean that in a negative way as I use my iPad constantly, it just reflects the narrow usefulness of the device.

Huh? Just? My grandparents and parents use it 3h a day at least and they've tried the other Android crap and they know the difference.
    You entirely missed and misunderstood wizard's point.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    No, not just a cell phone. A camera. A book. A viewing machine. a game machine. A communication device. A many function data machine. I resisted buying one but now everyone in the family has one. BTW the iPhone is just too expensive and it is, after all, just a phone.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    smarky said:
    Can't see any price reduction here in the UK ? :(

Apple really screwed the UK with there prices.

The airpods are £159, were as they are $159. Great.
    A delayed Brexit punishment no doubt.

Yea!!! The prices of the iPads have actually increased!! :( This sucks!