Disaffected Apple Upgrade Program customers can now call support for iPhone 7 order help

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Success, after a mere ~5 hours on the phone! Still don't know what they'll find for me and where I'll have to go to pick it up, but it's better than checking in at 8am every morning hoping a local store got stock and you were quick enough to get something.

Apple has apparently set up (or repurposed) a team to deal only with this issue, so kudos to them for recognizing that there was a problem and doing something about it.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    volcan said:
    dantheman827 said:You get a new phone with the full device cost with AppleCare+ split over 24 months.

It's similar to how most cellular providers do it but you aren't tied to any specific carrier while you're paying off the device.

Great thanks. It is difficult to figure out how the new carrier offerings work with or without contracts. I'm with AT&T and my contract is now satisfied. Unfortunately their signal is not very good inside, or even outside, my house. I was thinking about switching to Verizon which is why I wanted the model A1661 which supports both networks. I'm not sure what Verizon offers but I really don't want any more contracts. I don't mind paying for data used as long as it is reasonable.
    Look in to Straight Talk https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home your choice $45 for 5GB or $55 for 10GB they use Verizon Network!
  • Reply 43 of 48
    rnb2 said:
    Second attempt ended at a full mailbox after a little over 30 minutes.

Currently a little over an hour into my third attempt, have successfully reached a human being again. She assures me that she'll call me back if we get disconnected - we're both on hold with some point in the process (I think checking with IUP to make sure I'm current and eligible to upgrade).
    I finally got through.  One attempt.  In queue for about 40 minutes before I was answered and triaged by Rep #1.  Handed off to Rep 2 for details.  That took another hour, but Rep 1 stayed with me until Rep 2 picked me up.  Both were very professional, apologized for the problem, and handled me with care.  Total time on the phone, 2 hours and 3 minutes, all after midnight eastern.   I had the distinct impression both Reps knew their company messed up.  It remains to be seen if I get a phone. 
  • Reply 44 of 48
    joe28753 said:
    Can someone point me to where, in the annual upgrade agreement, that it states that you are entitled to a launch day phone?.... Yeah, it doesn't.  So please stop crying.  
    I was wondering this too. When did they ever advertise the program as a way to get first-in-line priority status? They never guaranteed a launch day upgrade did they? The purpose of the program is simply to offer a financing option for your new devices each year, but you'd still be subject to the first come, first served.
    The problem is IUP customers were limited to in store availability. I don't think that's fair. If the model they want is available from what was allocated to their nearest store then pick from that lot. If not, give them an option to order anyway and have it shipped to store. Again, not asking for preferential treatment or guarantees but when IUP customers are told not available while others are able to order that's BS. IUP customers are probably most likely to get a new phone every year so Apple should do whatever it can to ensure they're able to order one on launch day.
    Exactly, We can't get into the cue at all to order a phone. This program is a year old, so shame on Apple for this. But one more thing, waiting for stores to have stock will mean that my year anniversary passes. So, what does this mean when the program is meant as a annual refresh. I keep paying into the old phone, so do I get something back? Who knows when the phone you want will be available? Is it fair to ask your customers to check the store inventory daily for the next few months in hopes of snagging a phone? 

They had a year to work this program out, and nobody thought about it? A billion dollar company? It's just unbelievable. Tim Cook, where are you?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    mwhite said:
    appleluvr said:
    sog35 said:
    appleluvr said:
    As I wrote to you on Friday, I am in the upgrade program and at 3AM, there was no stock (well - unless I wanted rose gold). So now, I called as this article suggested, gave the automated attendant the reason why I called, and received the message "due to high call volume, we cannot take your call" and was disconnected.

The "high quality" Apple experience continues, lol.
    Since when do upgrade program participants have extra perks that the rest of us don't?

Why should upgrade program participants get a better chance of getting a launch day phone then the rest of us that are paying $900 upfront?

You need to stand in line just like the rest of us.

You don't understand. I was up at 3AM when the order line opened, but people in the upgrade program went to a different portal that had little stock - no jet black phones at all in the D.C. metro area and only a few 7 Plus phones in the entire area. So in fact, we were put at the end of the line. More than that, it didn't allow you to be put in any cue for any phone beyond the 17 September delivery. So people that didn't go through this program may not be getting their phone on Friday, but they are in cue to get one when it is available. People in this program can't get into that cue at all. So, I went to the Apple store and asked the manager if I could buy one, then bring it into the store to have it put on the program, but the answer was no. They was this is going, I need to wait until the store has stock. That could be early next year, at which time I won;t bother to upgrade at all.

This is the first time ever that I have not been able to order a phone on the first day. I have had every version of the iPhone since day one, so it is a bit frustrating to be treated this way.

Cry Cry Cry my daughter in N.Y. was up at 3AM with the same problem but with Verizon she text me saying she can't get to the order line so stop crying she has, she will wait like others to get her phone...
    I guess you don't have the ability to comprehend a complex answer. Maybe if you read enough of the other posts and the article above, a light bulb might light up for you. I'll try to dumb it down for you: people on the upgrade program can't buy phone. People not in the upgrade program can order phone. Needs to be fixed. Billion dollar company bad. 
  • Reply 45 of 48
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    mwhite said:
    appleluvr said:
    sog35 said:
    appleluvr said:
    As I wrote to you on Friday, I am in the upgrade program and at 3AM, there was no stock (well - unless I wanted rose gold). So now, I called as this article suggested, gave the automated attendant the reason why I called, and received the message "due to high call volume, we cannot take your call" and was disconnected.

The "high quality" Apple experience continues, lol.
    Since when do upgrade program participants have extra perks that the rest of us don't?

Why should upgrade program participants get a better chance of getting a launch day phone then the rest of us that are paying $900 upfront?

You need to stand in line just like the rest of us.

You don't understand. I was up at 3AM when the order line opened, but people in the upgrade program went to a different portal that had little stock - no jet black phones at all in the D.C. metro area and only a few 7 Plus phones in the entire area. So in fact, we were put at the end of the line. More than that, it didn't allow you to be put in any cue for any phone beyond the 17 September delivery. So people that didn't go through this program may not be getting their phone on Friday, but they are in cue to get one when it is available. People in this program can't get into that cue at all. So, I went to the Apple store and asked the manager if I could buy one, then bring it into the store to have it put on the program, but the answer was no. They was this is going, I need to wait until the store has stock. That could be early next year, at which time I won;t bother to upgrade at all.

This is the first time ever that I have not been able to order a phone on the first day. I have had every version of the iPhone since day one, so it is a bit frustrating to be treated this way.

Cry Cry Cry my daughter in N.Y. was up at 3AM with the same problem but with Verizon she text me saying she can't get to the order line so stop crying she has, she will wait like others to get her phone...

So you respond to a reasonable post with this childish nonsense.  Way to contribute to the conversation.. 
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Thanks everyone for clarifying that this IS NOT an issue of not getting in line properly, rather it is an issue where the parallel Upgrade system was showing different stocking levels (probably tied to Apple specifically setting aside separate stock for upgraders).

Now as to the phone number you will need to call to resolve this issue (since for some reason I don't see it listed here):   1-800-254-0008 ext 8    PLEASE ONLY USE THIS LINE FOR THE UPGRADING STOCKING ISSUE (US only)... NOTHING ELSE.

There is very little to no wait on this line.