iPhone 7 preorders at T-Mobile 4X greater than iPhone 6 launch, matte black most popular color

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    The iPhone 7 launch seems to be going quite well.

People all over the world are already lined up in front of various Apple stores, where they will be waiting for many days.

There seems to be a lot of demand for the new iPhones.

Can we get a glossy black Macbook?

What about a glossy black iPad?

In the very least, it should be coming to other iOS devices, as that's what has happened in the past.

icoco3caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 54
    cali said:
    Did some research and y'all should be pleased.

Samsung stocks saw the biggest drop in company history as concerns for #bombgate increased.

Polls by C Net and another company(sorry I forgot who) showed nearly half of potential Note 7 buyers are considering iPhone 7 instead.

Polls also showed Matte Black and Jet Black both make up over %90 of desired iPhone 7 colors.

Microsoft may be discontinuing Lumia Windows Phones in several stores and online according to customer reports and employees.
    Why should I, as a consumer, be happy when a lot of Apple competitors are failing? Right now, I use an iPad with a Samsung screen - and a Samsung manufactured chip. That chip is running iOS 9, which has been influenced by Android in a lot of ways. 

I mean, you could even argue that the iPhone wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today, if there hadn't been tough competition! 

I especially hope that Windows mobile devices (or whatever they are called now) will do well - Windows do seem to embrace security more directly than Android. 

That being said, I do hope that all the tech reviewers who were star-struck by the semi-curved screens on the latest Samsung devices take a step back and recognise a simple fact of their profession: Stay critical!
    singularity
  • Reply 23 of 54
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    apple ][ said:
    The iPhone 7 launch seems to be going quite well.

People all over the world are already lined up in front of various Apple stores, where they will be waiting for many days.

There seems to be a lot of demand for the new iPhones.

Can we get a glossy black Macbook?

What about a glossy black iPad?

In the very least, it should be coming to other iOS devices, as that's what has happened in the past.

And glossy white, I bet it'll be another big hit like rose  Gold 6s and iPhone 4 White.
    edited September 2016 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 54
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    cali said:

Samsung stocks saw the biggest drop in company history as concerns for #bombgate increased.

Polls by C Net and another company(sorry I forgot who) showed nearly half of potential Note 7 buyers are considering iPhone 7 instead.

Polls also showed Matte Black and Jet Black both make up over %90 of desired iPhone 7 colors.

Microsoft may be discontinuing Lumia Windows Phones in several stores and online according to customer reports and employees.
    Why should I, as a consumer, be happy when a lot of Apple competitors are failing? Right now, I use an iPad with a Samsung screen - and a Samsung manufactured chip. That chip is running iOS 9, which has been influenced by Android in a lot of ways. 

I mean, you could even argue that the iPhone wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today, if there hadn't been tough competition! 

I especially hope that Windows mobile devices (or whatever they are called now) will do well - Windows do seem to embrace security more directly than Android. 

That being said, I do hope that all the tech reviewers who were star-struck by the semi-curved screens on the latest Samsung devices take a step back and recognise a simple fact of their profession: Stay critical!
    HAHAHAHA!!

great laughs.
    jkichlinewatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 54
    cali said:
    clemynx said:
    This brings back nice memories when I often was surprised about which model was the most successful for the 4 and 5. I think a lot of people have heard that the jet black is a fingerprint magnet and scratches more easily so even if it might look better to them they prefer the black one. I am very careful with my phones so I would definitely pick the jet black one, I thought this appearance would appear next year.
    Can't you place a protective sticker over the whole iPhone like those Invisible Shields?
    That's what I do. I hate cases, I use BodyGuardz film on the back.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 54

You know that for sure? The screen could be made by LG or another manufacturer, Apple uses other suppliers for screens besides Samsung. The chip could just as likely be manufactured by TSMC.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 54
    cali said:
    williamh said:
    No way it's 4x across all carriers but in sure it's doing well.  

I see. I wonder if it's at least 2x across the board?

You can wonder about that. Apple didn't prebuild twice as many and the back orders aren't that long. It's a great phone and Apple will sell many millions. It will be their best selling phone ever, of course. But it won't come close to double the 6. 

Think about it: sales are double and Apple doesn't want to talk about it?
  • Reply 28 of 54
    I'm not surprised T-mobile is doing so well on the iPhone 7, they don't tell you it'll take months for you to receive it until after you finalize the pre-order...

I placed an order with T-mobile late on Friday, they were still promising delivery by the end of September. It's not until after I signed the contract they sent me (and that did not say anything otherwise), that the shipping date changed to "end of October to end of November"
  • Reply 29 of 54
    That 4x greater than the iPhone 6 is really interesting if you consider the data from the following poll.  I realize a huge increase in new customers on T-Mobile vs other carriers would invalidate any kind of direct correlation of 4x to the other carriers.   Still, interesting to consider.

https://i.redd.it/n4lifbr503lx.png
  • Reply 30 of 54
    cali said:

A9 is influenced by Android? What does that even mean? One is hardware and the other OS software. When the A9 was released was the year that Android manufacturers finally started shipping useable 64 bit chips! The A7 rocked the boat and Apple's chips are continuing to dominate in terms of power and performance. That's going to happen with or without Android around. The A10 Fusion has adopted the ARM big.SMALL architecture that Qualcomm and other chip manufactures have used for a while. But Apple hasn't needed to do that yet. Now that they have, the power/performance gap has widen even more. Apple is shooting to make these chips desktop class for a reason. The iPhone 7 is faster than my 2013 MBP. It's faster that the 12.9" iPad Pro which is faster than most laptops sold today.

While competition always helps, I doubt that Apple would have sat on its laurels with technology or design. It's not in there nature.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 54
    Soli said:
    Why the iPhone 6 series, not the 6S series? Do we know what the 6 series pre-order numbers turned out to be? If not, this all feels like how Bezos and other mention sales numbers, and I'm not a fan.
    One, he may have misspoken, and was perhaps referring to a generic "6". Two, he did unambiguously say that it is the largest phone launch they've ever had. Three, in many ways, the 6s was a spec bump over the 6 (I have both), and the dramatic jump in iPhone sales happened between the 5s and the 6. In fact, we know that the sales of the iPhone, in the aggregate, actually fell last year. So it's possible that the 6s numbers weren't that much better than that for the 6. 
    cali
  • Reply 32 of 54
    matthere said:
    I'm not surprised T-mobile is doing so well on the iPhone 7, they don't tell you it'll take months for you to receive it until after you finalize the pre-order...

I placed an order with T-mobile late on Friday, they were still promising delivery by the end of September. It's not until after I signed the contract they sent me (and that did not say anything otherwise), that the shipping date changed to "end of October to end of November"
    The two I ordered are due for delivery on Friday but then I was already a customer.  Sounds like until you signed the contract you were not a customer. 
  • Reply 33 of 54
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,283member
    bluefire1 said:
    Maybe the reason the matte black initially outsold the jet black is because the wait time to receive one was shorter for the matte black iPhone and people didn't want to wait.
    Or maybe many people prefer the matte black. Personally, I would never buy anything high-gloss so the matte black will be my choice for this phone.
    cali
  • Reply 34 of 54
    Soli said:
    Why the iPhone 6 series, not the 6S series? Do we know what the 6 series pre-order numbers turned out to be? If not, this all feels like how Bezos and other mention sales numbers, and I'm not a fan.
    I suspect it says more about T-Mobil's relative increase in popularity, than that of iPhone 7 vs. 6, and that comparing 6 instead of 6s is probably a more dramatic difference.
    These guys don't call out the cameras to make their least dramatic announcements, after all...But the matte black thing strikes me as bullshit, except in light of it being an alternative to the unavailable jet black.  Even then, if you compare wait times for different options, matte black is about the same as the three carry-overs, which indicates there probably isn't much "settling" on matte black occurring.
  • Reply 35 of 54
    williamh said:
    matthere said:

The two I ordered are due for delivery on Friday but then I was already a customer.  Sounds like until you signed the contract you were not a customer. 
    I was. Like I said I placed the order late on Friday. I'm sure they will deliver on some of these orders, including yours. My point was that it's a lot easier to get good sales numbers when you keep pretending you have stock long after everybody Has admitted to being in shortage.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 36 of 54
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    Don't they have more customers than they did two years ago? Have the other US carriers said anything?
    Sprint issues a similar statement - up 375% from 6s preorders. Off to a good start.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 54
    clemynx said:
     I thought this appearance would appear next year.
    The truth is, all of the rumors about "next year" are completely bogus, as "next year" always has the greener glass. Quite definitely, the Jet Black finish is what the idiots in the rumor mill mistook for a glass backed iPhone.

Then we have the shill idiots at the V***e, who say "I feel like I'm holding a prototype of next year's phone." Yeah, you should dumbass, because next year's phone will be the iPhone 7s. Cannot wait for Apple to create irate tech bloggers when they don't do something 'special' for the 10 year anniversary, and instead release a typical S series (which of course is still a great product).
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 54
    But all the geniuses said this minor upgrade wasn't worth moving to. I hate when know-it-alls try to speak for all the consumers out there.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 54
    Apple is, so far, the only stock in the Dow that's up today. Nearly +3%. Thanks to this news. 
    edited September 2016 califastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 54
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    matthere said:
    williamh said:
    matthere said:

I was. Like I said I placed the order late on Friday. I'm sure they will deliver on some of these orders, including yours. My point was that it's a lot easier to get good sales numbers when you keep pretending you have stock long after everybody Has admitted to being in shortage.
    Ok, good point.  That would be really short-term thinking.