Video: See the top 5 reasons to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 10

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2016
iOS 10 has arrived, and AppleInsider has a quick look at some of the top reasons to update your iPhone and iPad for free, including improvements to the lock screen, photos and maps.

Subscribe to AppleInsider's official YouTube channel for more iOS 10 coverage including videos of new features like the Messages app, Apple Maps and Apple Music.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Here's the #1 reason to NOT upgrade an iPhone!

There's a good chance that it's gonna fuck your phone up!

My iPhone SE after updating has an iTunes logo on it, and when you connect to a Mac, it wants to restore!

I also see that many other people in the other thread are having similar problems.

How the fuck can this happen? Especially when there have been similar problems in past years.

Does Apple not test their shit?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    sog35 said:
    never up date your phone on the first day. never.
    I'm currently downdating the phone back to 9.3.5.

I'll find out soon enough if that'll work.

h2p
  • Reply 3 of 19
    This happened to me with my iPad Pro 12.9" as well, but an iPad Air that was updated via iTunes connected to my iMac went fine.

Now I'm restoring my 12.9"... 'cause I needed a hobby today :) 

This IS why I update my phone last. Annoying, but survivable I guess. What about people who don't use iTunes?
  • Reply 4 of 19
    OTA with A9 chipset is having problems. iPhone 6 seems to be ok, but 6s, iPad Pros and phone SE are having problems.

Connecting to iTunes with those seems to work.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    It has hosed both my iPhone 6s Plus and my iPad Pro 9.7. Not good at all!
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Good video, thanks for posting it. My 6s Plus was bricked and had to be plugged into iTunes to complete the update, but all is well.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The smoothness and small details of the UI are some of the things I like most and benefit most from in day to day use. Lots of them. One wonderful example is when use search to find an app or other object that links you away from search, if you tap back < search in the status bar to get back not only is the animation that follows utterly satisfying, but your search query is preselected so you can begin typing without pause. It's a Jobsian/Forstall type detail I have seen from Apple for a while. Must be that Dye guy. And the use of light opaque cards and subtle delightful animation elements is a huge design success. Lots of elements feel much more useable and light and fun in a way I know won't get old—not gimmicky.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 8 of 19
    apple ][ said:

My iPhone SE after updating has an iTunes logo on it, and when you connect to a Mac, it wants to restore!

I also see that many other people in the other thread are having similar problems.

How the fuck can this happen? Especially when there have been similar problems in past years.

Go away fandroid!  All these reports of problems are just people trying to smear Apple.  You're upgrading it wrong!
    staticx57
  • Reply 9 of 19
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member
    Go away fandroid!  All these reports of problems are just people trying to smear Apple.  You're upgrading it wrong! Huh? People have had real problems. Not a smear. Apple fixed it (by 2:15p CT)... I believe it was a corrupted upload on Apples part. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Apple]{ Dude, watch your language.  It's not necessary for you to get your point across, and it makes you look stupid, or at the least immature.  Is that clear?

I downloaded the update in the first hour, without any issues, to my iPhone5.  I haven't had any issues or hiccups running it.
    edited September 2016 dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 19
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    I think TG was being funny h2p.

Anyway, i would never upgrade the whole OS over the air.  Backup and a complete sync on iTunes before upgrading via iTunes. I even think carefully about small updates before OTA.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Good to know the devices having problems are the two that i have. I'll wait. Plus, I have to be sure my music apps aren't broken by iOS 10.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    My iPod Touch 6th Generation is acting fine with the new update but I will wait before updating my iPhone SE.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Upgraded my 6+ over wifi. No problems at all
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 19
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    apple ][ said:

Usually they test, but they transferred the test team to the nose pod project.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Absolutely no trouble upgrading to iOS10 on 6+ using iTunes.

Currently upgrading watch to WatchOS3
  • Reply 17 of 19
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    quinney said:
    Usually they test, but they transferred the test team to the nose pod project.
    Maybe it's like that commercial, where they 'monitor', but don't actually address it afterwards...?
  • Reply 18 of 19
    None of features are important and are often HW dependent so not compeling.