iMod? Quad-Core...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I would think they could make alot more money selling specialized apple components, Modular Processors, Modular Adapters, etc...

I have thought about the iMod?, I think it would be cool to sell apple computers this way... that way I could really customize my PM myself quickly an easy - snap together computing

How about this...

------------------------------------

E PLURIBUS UNIX

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Nice idea, but it would have to come with quad G5s and a RapidIO bus if I were to buy it, but not for $10000 either!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    [quote]Originally posted by mattyj:

<strong>Nice idea, but it would have to come with quad G5s and a RapidIO bus if I were to buy it, but not for $10000 either! </strong><hr></blockquote>

thats the idea... its not the machine that would cost you alot of money, its whatever you decide to add to it. If you buy a iMod? you would have a large initial price however upgrading it wouldnt brake the bank... G5 or G6 comes out... then just snap one in... its that easy... the eVolution Software will download and install any needed modifications to the computer itself upon detecting the new hardware...

The iMod? is completly user modifiable, Its designed to recognize and adapt itself to Apple and third party components. this is strickly theoretical BS of course... but I think it could work if someone put some time and money into it...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: FERRO ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    eVolution? Ever heard of Software Update?

Also, it would be "Apple's" (with an apostrophe"

I think Apple should invest in an ultra-pro line, priced from, say, $3999 to $5499. They could have four models, one for music, one for graphics, video and an "ultimate" model. This would be aimed at professionals only.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>eVolution? Ever heard of Software Update?

Also, it would be "Apple's" (with an apostrophe"

I think Apple should invest in an ultra-pro line, priced from, say, $3999 to $5499. They could have four models, one for music, one for graphics, video and an "ultimate" model. This would be aimed at professionals only.</strong><hr></blockquote>

1. Mine sounds cooler...

2. What are we the word police...?

3. I dont know about one for each type of media...

its just a idea, if not here... where else...

there should definitely be a Super Pro Model that blows everything out of the water... Quad G5 would be nice...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

• Reply 5 of 7
    Remember, Apple doesn't make the processors. Whats stopping me from buying a G4 from Sonnet and sticking that in? Apple would lose money that way.

Sure you can get Sonnet upgrades now but they're expensive and hard to install (IMHO).

Allowing the user to customize a machine that much might hurt Apple. They'd have to keep a lot of different motherboard configs in the warehouse and they'd suddenly become a component vendor too.

Seems like it would be difficult from a business standpoint. You know, the product line not being simple anymore.

Sure, WE would love it.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    too late, the I-Mod is already out there! have you ever played StarTrek Voyager: Elete force?

the I-Mod is the new anti borg weapon
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I remember that...

the I-Mod... It used Borg technoligy to "Adapt" to the Borg

Just like my Quad-Core G5...

to the new hardware that is...

hmmm... wonder how that happened?...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: FERRO ]</p>