Apple releases macOS 10.12 Sierra with Siri, Apple Pay for web, Apple Watch login, more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    Wasn't the Apple File System supposed to only be available in the beta, for testing, and not really deployed until next year? It's not in this release already, is it?
    Correct, and it is not supported on fusion drives. Per Apple via Ars:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/09/macos-10-12-sierra-the-ars-technica-review/?comments=1&post=31918351
    Quick comment on APFS with Fusion Drive: Apple's APFS FAQ page says in its bullet list that APFS cannot be used with Fusion Drives, but then below it in text says "...Apple File System is optimized for Flash/SSD storage, but can also be used with traditional hard disk drives (HDD), Fusion Drives, and external, direct-attached storage." (Emphasis mine)

We spoke directly to Apple about this and Apple confirmed that the bullet list is correct, and the text below it is in error. At this stage, APFS will not work on Fusion Drive volumes.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 22 of 45
    Not seeing it on the Canadian App Store yet...

C'MON, me wants!!! :)
    Cousins in Toronto got it already.

Mine is ready for me to click the Continue button.

Using the beta for months now. Love it
    lostkiwimagman1979
  • Reply 23 of 45
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    is this same build as gm 2 (16A323)?
  • Reply 24 of 45
    It's there, manually search "macos sierra" in the Mac App Store. It's live.
    Yep. It appears in the category Utilities.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    "MacOS Sierra requires a 2009 iMac, 2009 MacBook, 2010 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, or Mac Pro."

Just to clarify -- Sierra requires a Late 2009 iMac.
  • Reply 26 of 45

As always, if you're concerned about incompatibility, hold off for a few days to see if any issues pop up. 
    Or install it on an external drive and test it out before upgrading your main drive.  macOS Sierra actually fixes a problem with Epson's scanning software for the V300 Photo scanner (version 3.55A), and any other scanner using that version.  There were no issues using it with Yosemite, but an annoying bug was introduced with El Capitan.  Clicking on Preview or Scan did nothing until you moved the mouse.  You had to do that with every scan, every page.  Testing it out with the final candidate version of macOS Sierra confirmed the problem has finally been fixed.  Also, the last version of iPhoto still works perfectly with macOS Sierra, for those that prefer not to use Photos for OS X.
    Ohhh, how I hope that fixes a somewhat related issue I've had with Epson WorkForce Pro GT-S50 scanner. The software has never been "perfect", but at some point along the way it would scan, but wouldn't finish saving the file until I moved the cursor. Very annoying! Epson just blew me off saying they'd never heard of this and suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the software (which didn't help) then erasing my hard drive and reinstalling OS X. I just chose to live with it until either Epson or Apple fixed it. Honestly, it shouldn't have gone on this long (over a year!).
  • Reply 27 of 45
    cpsro said:
    mwhite said:
    Not released here in California.
    But you already have the real thing! (The Sierras)
    The Sierras is already installed millions years ago. This version is very stable. Never crashes once. 
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 28 of 45
    I'm tired of reading articles saying Apple Pay is now live with the update...my iphone 6S on IOS 10 and Mac Sierra 2015 macbook pro still does not show apple pay on any of the listed merchants during checkout (from listed merchants on apple website)...if I could do a simple real world test, i wish they would put a caveat in these articles saying it is not yet live

update: I've found 2 so far that have apple pay as an option on Safari...apple.com and lululemon.com......checked most so far that are listed as accepting it and they are not
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 29 of 45

Cue the random complaints in tech blogs about various downloading/installing/operating problems on Day 1....

Apple Is Doomed.™
    Always 
  • Reply 30 of 45
    "MacOS Sierra requires a 2009 iMac"

Wrong. Not showing as available for my 2009 iMac...
  • Reply 31 of 45
    It sure would be nice if there were new Macs to go along with it... 
    dysamoria
  • Reply 32 of 45
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    What is the version number on this release?  The last developer version is macOS 10.12 (16A323).
  • Reply 33 of 45
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    viclauyyc said:
    cpsro said:
    mwhite said:
    The Sierras is already installed millions years ago. This version is very stable. Never crashes once. 
    They are under constant attack by the Erosion virus. 
  • Reply 34 of 45
    Anyone who has installed it, what's the build number, please? (About This Mac > click on the version number, 10.12.)

I installed it from my developer account redemption code, and that was build 16A323.
  • Reply 35 of 45
    I've been running the Sierra public betas for months. Today when I tried to install the final version, after it downloaded, I got a window with a large exclamation point and the message "if you wish to upgrade to macOS Sierra, please contact your IT support person". WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? More importantly, what can I do about it? I don't have an "IT support person".
  • Reply 36 of 45
    darkpaw said:
    Anyone who has installed it, what's the build number, please? (About This Mac > click on the version number, 10.12.)

I installed it from my developer account redemption code, and that was build 16A323.
    Me too but as the new public version is now available to us developers I am installing it on top of the last developer version.  That's what I always do.
  • Reply 37 of 45

viclauyyc said:
    cpsro said:
    mwhite said:
    Beware if sedimentus androidus, it covers and chokes life as we know it.
  • Reply 38 of 45
    viclauyyc said:
    cpsro said:
    mwhite said:
    Shakes a bit, now and again, though.
  • Reply 39 of 45

"MacOS Sierra requires a 2009 iMac"

Wrong. Not showing as available for my 2009 iMac...
    Late 2009 iMac, not early or middle. Mine just misses the cut, so El Capitan forever, etc.
  • Reply 40 of 45
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    darkpaw said:

16A323