Apple to reopen stores in Arizona, California & Virginia on Sept. 24, replace Birmingham UK outlet

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple is set to reopen four U.S. stores on Sept. 24, scattered across the states of Arizona, California, and Virginia. On the same date, the company will open a new outlet in Birmingham, England, replacing an earlier location.

The updated U.S. shops include Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale, Ariz., Clarendon in Arlington, Va., and finally Brea Mall and Stoneridge, located in the California towns of Brea and Pleasanton.

All four of U.S. locations are due to relaunch at 10 a.m. local time, and should use company's latest design aesthetic, with touches like wooden shelving, large glass doors, and oversized video displays.

Clarendon is notably one of Apple's oldest stores, dating back to 2001, and has sat virtually unchanged on the outside since then. The Arrowhead, Brea Mall, and Stoneridge outlets are relocating to new spots within their respective malls -- the last occupying a nearly 10,000-square-foot space previously home to Abercrombie & Fitch.

The new Birmingham store is opening at 9 a.m. local time at 128 New Street, a six-story building recently abandoned by book retailer Waterstones. In a rare move, the shop will replace Apple's Bullring Shopping Centre location, first established in 2005.

In a related note, Apple's Pentagon City storefront will be closing on Sept. 25 to begin its own renovations.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Judging by Google images, well, duck duck go images, the existing bullring store is tiny. And the new location. whilst a super looking building and most fitting for Apple, it doesn't look to be a 6-story.

https://m.imgur.com/sXIpr92,pNjvRFp

Edit: My mistake, the building may be 60'. I was thinking 6 floors. Only two levels in the structure.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Also on September 24th, Apple will open its  first store in Mexico, Apple Via Santa Fe. 
    irelandalbegarc
  • Reply 3 of 11
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    maplavi said:
    Also on September 24th, Apple will open its  first store in Mexico, Apple Via Santa Fe. 
    This seems like bigger news to me, and worth an Update to the article.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Has the Tyson's Corner store in Northern Virginia already been updated? I think it might have been the first Apple Retail Store to open...I stood in line for about five hours before store opening in May 2001 and my wife and I got black tee-shirt freebies. The line went from the second floor retail location, down the stairs, outside the mall and around the building into the parking garage. Ah, those were exciting days. 
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I used to frequent the Waterstones shop, although it looks like 2 floors, it has atleast 2 levels below ground level.
    equality72521
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Waterstones on New Street is a beautiful building for Apple to get. Used to be a bank, but it was great as bookstore, fantastic architecture and some lovely, tiny stairwells along with sweeping staircases. Sometimes a classical quartet too, total class. Perfect for Apple. 
  • Reply 8 of 11
    flaneur said:
    maplavi said:
    This seems like bigger news to me, and worth an Update to the artic
    maplavi said:

It is a big deal, Finally we are going to have an Appkle Store in Mexico.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ibillibill Posts: 400member
    Apple Store Keystone in Indianapolis also moved into new digs last Friday. Couldn't find a media post about it, but I was in there this week, and it's very nice. I'd estimate at least four times the space.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    silvergun said:
    I used to frequent the Waterstones shop, although it looks like 2 floors, it has atleast 2 levels below ground level.
    Oh...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Apple reopened the Lone Tree, CO store in the Park Meadows Retail Resort (yes, not shopping center, that is what they call it)  two doors North of the old location on Friday the 16th.  It is their new retail style with a light colored floor and the new wood displays for the sundry items.  No aluminum on the walls.  It looks like ceramic done in plastic.  The large screen on the back wall doesn't look as large as other new stores.  The ceiling is the "light box" style.  No Apple logo over the door, but there is an Apple logo on the right wall, just in a shiny metal.  The square footage does not look much larger, but much greater frontage along the mall.  A beautiful clean look.

But hey Apple.  Lower Downtown Denver is being completely redone.  Former railroad tracks are becoming retail and office space next to new light rail and commuter rail lines.  Now is the time for a downtown store.  Besides being no downtown Apple location, all of the new rail lines seem to come from areas where there are no stores.