New macOS Sierra 10.1 beta available for registered developers

Posted:
in macOS
Apple is continuing apace with developer betas, and has made available a new developer beta of macOS 10.12.1 to eligible participants.

Build 16B2333a of macOS 10.12.1 Sierra is now available for registered developers to download, either through software update or through Apple's developer portal. Sierra now includes support for the iOS 10.1 beta "Depth Effect" feature in the included Photos app.

Apple has not identified any particular foci for testers in this build, nor has it posted any bug fixes over the previous beta.

iOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3 and tvOS 10 were released publicly on Sept. 13.. macOS 10.12 Sierra launched to the public a week later, on Sept. 20..

Members of Apple's public beta program are likely to receive similar beta builds of macOS Sierra 10.12.1 in the coming days. Apple excludes watchOS, tvOS and Xcode from public beta tests.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    `foci` is a weird word.  :D 
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I'm sure Sierra is fine for most users, but for me it's been a dog. Slow, activity monitor spikes, and broke my beloved Karabiner mappings.

This is the first release of macOS I regret jumping on. Here's to hoping the point releases are significant
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Eric_WVGG said:
    This is the first release of macOS I regret jumping on. Here's to hoping the point releases are significant
    Sorry to hear that it is not working out for you. For me it speeds up my old Mac Mini so it feels like it is twice as fast. Specially launching of Apps. One of the best upgrades in many years.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Eric_WVGG said:
    I'm sure Sierra is fine for most users, but for me it's been a dog. Slow, activity monitor spikes, and broke my beloved Karabiner mappings.

This has been reported for days. What's doing the slowing down and Activity Monitor spikes is Sierra indexing. I noticed with iStats that I use the CPU was running very fast. Give it some time and depending on what year of your mac and how much storage you have used, it could take awhile. Once the indexing is done, do a reboot too. Btw, the cause was mainly Photos. With my iMac and it's a recent 5K, it still took some time to index. Hope it helps.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7676728?start=0&tstart=0

• Reply 5 of 12
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Eric_WVGG said:

I haven't had performance problems probably because I leave the computer turned on and plugged in all the time.   That allows Mac OS to do a lot of stuff in background such as indexing the drives.    Golden Master has been awfully good from my perspective.  

Hiwever installinnghte first minor update hasn't been all that wonderful with a few glitches here and there.    Nothing major but frustrating nine the less.  
  • Reply 6 of 12
    wizard69 said:
    Eric_WVGG said:

I haven't had performance problems probably because I leave the computer turned on and plugged in all the time.   That allows Mac OS to do a lot of stuff in background such as indexing the drives.    Golden Master has been awfully good from my perspective.  

Hiwever installinnghte first minor update hasn't been all that wonderful with a few glitches here and there.    Nothing major but frustrating nine the less.  
    The computer, 5k iMac, that I use most of the time stays on all the time too. Only time it gets turned off is during a storm or I go on holidays. Unless I'm not going to use something for awhile, almost everything is in sleep mode, except my TV, which gets turned off.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Safari was driving me nuts...hideously buggy and a right CPU hog. Let's hope it is fixed because it was becoming completely unusable in its current state.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    One has to download and install the public beta access utility in order for the betas to show up under the updates tab of the Mac App Store. You'll have to sign in to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ and re-enroll your mac.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Does anyone here have problems with Sierra logging you out during high stress loads? I've had it happen to me about 4 times now since I've installed it. Very counter productive!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I've been loving Sierra so far with my 5k iMac. I have noticed that the cursor will appear and persist on the screen while watching YouTube videos full screen after a notification pops up. It's a minor annoyance, but something I have noticed.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I have a MBP early 2011 with 16GB and 1T HD. I couldn't install Sierra. The first attempt rounded up in a hanged situation while installing. Then on a fresh install, everything went fine until I restored data from Time Machine. On reboot after the restore hanged on boot. I gave up and went back to El Capitan.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    my MacBook air doesn't work with the school interactive board anymore after the update :( - it shows things but they are not interactive anymore