Gresso adorns iPhone 7 with gold, titanium & black diamonds for $500,000

Posted:
in iPhone
Squarely targeting the money-is-no-object market, iPhone modifier Gresso has debuted the iPhone 7 Black Diamond collection, boasting multiple 18 karat gold embellishments and 104 karats of black diamonds encrusted on the collection's back panel?--?with matching AirPods to boot.

Only three of the "Lux" model will be produced. It entails a 256GB iPhone 7 back panel encrusted in 1,450 black diamonds, a body crafted from grade-5 titanium, a camera frame made from 10 grams of 18 karat gold, and individualized engraving.

The Lux iPhone 7 will retail for $500,000.

For the less wealthy seeking an iPhone 7 Plus, Gresso has more affordable adornments available. Gresso's iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models are crafted from some of the same premium materials as the Lix, including grade-5 titanium, 18 karat gold inlay, and diamond embellishments, and only 999 will be constructed.

The Gresso iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus collections retail at $3,000 and up.

Buyers won't have to break the bank on delivery, however: The company offers free 2-5 day shipping worldwide with any purchase.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Diamonds, $500,000. Lack of taste, priceless.
    edited September 2016 anton zuykovschlackchiagtrhmmbirkojony0
  • Reply 2 of 15
    For entertainment value, see the specs listed at https://gresso.com/landing/iphone-6-by-gresso/en/. It's as if they lost steam halfway through - the specs are correct in the beginning but then become cut and paste with the same weight and dimensions listed for the 7 and 7 plus versions...
  • Reply 3 of 15
    ireland said:
    Diamonds, $500,000. Lack of taste, priceless.
    my thought exactly...
  • Reply 4 of 15
    The ultra rich will waste money on anything that has more gold or diamonds than the next person. Sad.
    redgeminipa
  • Reply 5 of 15
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    Look, we all know some Chinese rich dude's kid is going to need to buy all 3 of those stupid things for his dog.
    redgeminipaam8449
  • Reply 6 of 15
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    "Buyers won't have to break the bank on delivery, however: The company offers free 2-5 day shipping worldwide with any purchase."

Funny touch Mike  :)
    But still tasteless products. 
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Good grief, why spend all that money to simply make your iPhone look like that when you can do the same with a tacky case? However, the black earpods are legit, other than the diamonds/gold added on. I do kinda hope Apple releases them in black as well.
    caliredgeminipa
  • Reply 8 of 15
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Just. Sick.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Squarely targeting the money-is-no-object market

Ah yes, the good ol' 
    more-money-than-brains demographic. Always good for a laugh. 
    sergiozredgeminipaAirunJae
  • Reply 10 of 15
    At $500K and $3K they should really sell cases to go on top of their cases.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
     Looks worse 
  • Reply 12 of 15
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

I looked at this image and I thought the product's logo literally read as "GREED"!

http://http//photos5.appleinsider.com/gallery/18486-17424-gressolesser-inline-l.jpg

• Reply 13 of 15
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I'm interested.

Do these also come with the option to get a special engraving that says, "Kidnap me!"?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    …iPhone 7 back panel encrusted in 1,450 black diamonds, a body crafted from grade-5 titanium…
    Won’t that affect the radio transparency? How rich do you have to be before having a cell phone that isn’t a cell phone doesn’t matter?
    gtr
  • Reply 15 of 15
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    W.T.F.  ???

I think it's sad that these things exist.