Apple store polling shows slightly improved iPhone 7 stock levels in US

Posted:
in iPhone
Continued stock level monitoring by analysts show that stock levels of the iPhone 7 family are improving even under heavy demand -- which could be a good sign for Apple's financial results.

Continued stock polling by financial analyst firm Piper Jaffray provided to AppleInsider shows that 35 percent of the checked SKUs available for in-store pickup with the majority being iPhone 7 versus the iPhone 7 Plus.

Analyst Gene Munster notes that the iPhone 7 will ultimately account for about 40 percent of total iPhone 7 units had 61 percent SKU availability, compared to 8 percent available for the iPhone 7 Plus.

Stock at China Unicom is much more heavily constrained than in the U.S. Only 16 percent of the iPhone 7 SKUs are available, and 3 percent of the iPhone 7 Plus, with a decreasing trend.

The firm believes the stock check reports to be a positive sign signifying high demand of the product, and has increased what it expects to see for Apple's next financial report from $46.5 billion in revenue to $47.5 billion. Should Apple hit $47.5 billion, it would fall short of 2015's fiscal fourth quarter by about $4 billion, but eclipse 2014 by more than $5 billion.

At the end of September, stock surveys showed that 20 percent of iPhone 7 SKUs were in stock overall, with 34 percent of the iPhone 7, and 6 percent of the iPhone 7 Plus models available for purchase.

Piper Jaffray's continued positive interpretation of sales data is echoed by T-Mobile's CEO and an assortment of South Korean analysts claim record sales of the Apple iPhone 7 family. Based on supply chain data, the South Korean analysts expect 100 million sales of the new iPhone models before the end of the 2016 calendar year.

According to research by KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the research firm has escalated its sales estimates from 65 million to between 70 million and 75 million, mostly because of the recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and the dual-camera feature in the iPhone 7 Plus.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    At this rate, I may just cancel my order (iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128GB) and wait until next September for the new iPhone...geez... it seems like I ordered the thing months ago.,,
    cali
  • Reply 2 of 26
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    mmmpow3r said:
    At this rate, I may just cancel my order (iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128GB) and wait until next September for the new iPhone...geez... it seems like I ordered the thing months ago.,,
    People say this every year...haha! Some people have absolutely ZERO patience! It hasn't even been a freakin' month for christ sakes!!! You knew this going in that you'd have to wait. 
    calimike1nolamacguyschlackwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 3 of 26
    Preorder on the 9th.. 3am , order still processing maybe not shipping till end of this month. I fell for the hype but now that I've waited so long it's fading rapidly. I'll stick with my 6 for another year, because I'm certain the 8 or 7s will probably be much better. ..Just canceled my order so hopefully someone moved up on ship date. ( got caught up in the reality distortion field HAHA... etc. )
  • Reply 4 of 26
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Micronaut said:
    Preorder on the 9th.. 3am , order still processing maybe not shipping till end of this month. I fell for the hype but now that I've waited so long it's fading rapidly. I'll stick with my 6 for another year, because I'm certain the 8 or 7s will probably be much better. ..Just canceled my order so hopefully someone moved up on ship date. ( got caught up in the reality distortion field HAHA... etc. )
    The next iPhone will always be better. The next iPhone will always be sold out. Looks like you'll keep your 6 forever. 
    Micronautmike1nolamacguyschlackcintoswatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 5 of 26
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    cali said:
    Micronaut said:
    The next iPhone will always be better. The next iPhone will always be sold out. Looks like you'll keep your 6 forever. 
    Exactly! Just because you can't wait a month for it doesn't mean your phone will be outdated. I'm sorry you couldn't be one of the few that had it first which is what sounds like you wanted, to show off your fancy phone before everyone else had it. The phone will work the same and be just as good whether it shipped on Sept 16th, or Oct 31st. 

If you're that damn impatient, I bet you can get a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 right away. ;)
    edited October 2016 Micronautnolamacguycaliwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 6 of 26
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Stock is improving with the carriers. I received my JB iPhone 7 Plus  3 weeks earlier than anticipated. A lot of people are receiving their iPhone 7 Plus way earlier than anticpated according to other forums I read. 
    edited October 2016 Micronautcali
  • Reply 7 of 26
    mmmpow3r said:
    Mine (same but 256) said November but just shipped this weekend, so you might be in luck soon. 
    Micronautschlackwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 26
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    We're waiting until we can get a 7 Plus in the store.  I want my wife to see it, hold it and try it out a bit before we buy and then have it int her hands that same day.  Thinking about buying it outright instead of on AT&T Next.  We have an old family plan with unlimited data and I don't want to do ANYTHING that might alter that plan.  You have to be careful with AT&T and these grandfathered plans - they want them to go away, so they set up traps to trick you into losing it.  One little change and boom, no more unlimited data.  Do we take adavantage of the unlimited data?  Not ususally, but sure enough the moment we give it up, some event will arise where we need tons of data and we'll get shafted on overage fees.  It's just how things work.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 9 of 26
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    A troll might say improving stock means waning demand. ;-)
    mike1caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 26
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,283member
    welshdog said:
    We're waiting until we can get a 7 Plus in the store.  I want my wife to see it, hold it and try it out a bit before we buy and then have it int her hands that same day.  Thinking about buying it outright instead of on AT&T Next.  We have an old family plan with unlimited data and I don't want to do ANYTHING that might alter that plan.  You have to be careful with AT&T and these grandfathered plans - they want them to go away, so they set up traps to trick you into losing it.  One little change and boom, no more unlimited data.  Do we take adavantage of the unlimited data?  Not ususally, but sure enough the moment we give it up, some event will arise where we need tons of data and we'll get shafted on overage fees.  It's just how things work.
    Never had an issue with them trying to get me out of unlimited. Two phones on my plan have grandfathered unlimited and both have been upgraded at least twice with the latest updates being on the Next plan since they no longer do contracts. However, I always tell them up front that I have unlimited and to imply that I will walk without a new phone if I would lose the unlimited.
    welshdog
  • Reply 11 of 26
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,283member
    mac_128 said:
    A troll might say improving stock means waning demand. ;-)
    Yep and they will.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Hey, All you guys are right.. I'm generally very impatient, i wouldn't have got up at 3am for a preorder if I wasn't and your right I wanted to be the first with my new toy..after being inpatient and waiting for it to ship I just realized I don't really need it, I just wanted it. My 6 is good enough for now and yes I'll probably be up next year doing the same thing. ( the rumors are pointing to next year being a major upgrade .. design wise, am I wrong or I should just suck it up and go buy one when the iPhone 7 stocks up at my local apple store ?
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Deelron said:
    mmmpow3r said:
    Mine (same but 256) said November but just shipped this weekend, so you might be in luck soon. 
    Same with me... originally November, but shipped Saturday and arrives today.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    welshdog said:
    Totally agree.  I never use all that much data either, but you never know.   It has slowly been increasing over the years.  

When I bought the 6 18 months ago, the people at the AT&T store were completely uncooperative.  I don't remember the language they used, but I wasn't able to walk out of that store with a phone and still grandfathered into my unlimited data plan.   And what really pissed me off is that the limited plans they were offering were actually far more expensive than my unlimited plan (although since then, they've raised the price by $5 per month).    They kept trying to sell me family plans and I kept explaining that I live alone so those plans weren't viable for me, but they wouldn't listen.   Jerks. 

But then I went to the Lincoln Center (NYC) Apple store, they said, "no problem" and they got me grandfathered into the AT&T plan, the phone and out the door in less than 15 minutes.   A pleasure to do business there.

I've checked out the new phones and I do like them, especially the image quality - everything just seems to look better on that phone, but I still think I'm going to wait for the "8" unless my battery starts to die.  It is showing some signs .... I do have to charge it more often.    I didn't get the large Plus last time, but I think I might next time.   It fits in my jeans pocket, so it works for me and my eyes aren't what they used to be.  
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Yep betting some analyst uses being stocked as justification for a downgrade. Really nothing Apple can do about the BS. Bought my short term puts last week, probably gets down 108 before earnings call do to FUD factor. I really hate that Apple is treated so rediculously by Wall Street, however since it's not going to change might as well profit from it.
    cali
  • Reply 16 of 26
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    sog35 said:
    Lots of phones in stock: Low demand
    Hardly any phones in stock: Apple is artificially keeping supply low

Apple literally can't win on the media news cycle.

Good thing is no one cares what the tech media or financial media says. They are full of clowns. And the only ones who listen to them are trolls, day traders, and brain dead fart bags.
    Well you seem to care. Your entire posting history shows you care to an unhealthy amount about the media response.

I gave up on trying to get the latest iPhone on the 4. Since then it's been wait a month and then stroll into a store and buy it outright before deciding whether to stay with my carrier or not. Last year I got a reduction in my cost of the 12 month plan and Netflix as a "gift"
    gatorguycali
  • Reply 17 of 26
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    "Analyst Gene Munster notes that the iPhone 7 will ultimately account for about 40 percent of total iPhone 7 units had 61 percent SKU availability, compared to 8 percent available for the iPhone 7 Plus."

...uh, what?
  • Reply 18 of 26

welshdog said:
    honestly i think thats fuzzy thinking. if you don't use the data there's no actual value in unlimited. the discounts on newer plans or other tangibles like tethering outweigh a completely hypothetical, fear-based metric. i gave mine up years ago in return for actual value and did not live to regret it. 
  • Reply 19 of 26

Micronaut said:
    Hey, All you guys are right.. I'm generally very impatient, i wouldn't have got up at 3am for a preorder if I wasn't and your right I wanted to be the first with my new toy..after being inpatient and waiting for it to ship I just realized I don't really need it, I just wanted it. My 6 is good enough for now and yes I'll probably be up next year doing the same thing. ( the rumors are pointing to next year being a major upgrade .. design wise, am I wrong or I should just suck it up and go buy one when the iPhone 7 stocks up at my local apple store ?
    how on earth can we tell you what to do? only you know what you want to do. 
  • Reply 20 of 26
    wow that didn't take long

New iPhone 7 Data Suggests Sales Slower Than iPhone 6S - Forbes